ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone notice comparisons to the Jags 4th quarter collapse to ... oh... i dont know...

Sure... Those things AND blowing 4th quarter late leads (or chances at late leads in case of Clemson)

Jags have FSU players on D...maybe they are the common thread? Not CK? Is that what you're saying?

Reactions: warchant99
I noticed their offensive coordinator try not to lose in the 4th quarter instead of calling plays to try and win the game.
Same thing going into the 1H. 50 seconds and you're taking a knee? That mindset continued in the second half and it cost them. BB will never win them a SB.

Reactions: JohnnieHolmesNole
Jax had to play almost perfect to win against NE and Brady. Bortles did very well but that delay of game penalty in the last few minutes of the first half was too costly.

Same thing going into the 1H. 50 seconds and you're taking a knee? That mindset continued in the second half and it cost them. BB will never win them a SB.

62 yards in subjective penalties for NE in Q2 helped NE IMMENSELY. Otherwise no TD in Q2. NE had what 1 penalty through 3.5 quarters...

I do agree D should have played to win I.e. keep putting pressure on Brady. He did not like it but when we dropped back in Q4 he looked like he was playing catch with his kid.

Well, don't ride a wr out of bounds and you won't get called for pi. Bouye grabbing Cooks arm on a pass in the 2nd half, not called. Jack tackling White by his head after the TD, not called, matter of fact he did it more than once. The Pat's fumble call could gave easily been overruled and called down. Simple fact is the Jags played great but O and D both didn't get it done in the 4th and the Pats stepped up.

According to an interview I heard from Jalen, sounds like it was a coaching issue in the 2nd half.

He said something to the effect of "Yea we played differently in the 1st half than we did in the 2nd half.....we were doing some different things in the 2nd half and.....and I'm going to leave it at that"(I'm paraphrasing) he also said something like "1st half we played Man to Man Amendola couldn't get open, 2nd half we played more zone and he found openings in the zones......so........."

So it sounds like the whole Jags coaching staff was playing not to lose instead of playing to win....Jalen did a good job of not DIRECTLY throwing his coaches under the bus. But I can tell he wanted to lol.

Reactions: FarmerNole
Well, don't ride a wr out of bounds and you won't get called for pi. Bouye grabbing Cooks arm on a pass in the 2nd half, not called. Jack tackling White by his head after the TD, not called, matter of fact he did it more than once. The Pat's fumble call could gave easily been overruled and called down. Simple fact is the Jags played great but O and D both didn't get it done in the 4th and the Pats stepped up.
I didn't care who won, so being objective, everything you said is BS. Two things happened. Jacksonville shit the bed and the refs gave em Milk of Magnesia. Those refs got an autograph from Tom, said thanks and hauled ass

Reactions: JJSmooth and 4show
Um, no it couldn’t. The ball was blatantly moving before either player hit the ground, and control was never regained until Jack was well clear of White. There shouldn’t have been a whistle and that’s a Jags touchdown easily.
Was definitely a fumble that wasn't going to get overturned. However, I would say there was more than likely comtact while jack was on the ground since he was still stripping the ball from the guy while he was on the ground. Thus would have been down. Definitely a fumble though. No doubt. Down by contact. That call was correct.

Last edited:
I don't remember FSU having a 10 pt lead in the 4th against any of those teams.

The pass interference call at the end of the first half was ridiculous. After that, the Jags got too conservative in closing out the half and the rest of the game. That is true offensively and defensively. Playing primarily zone in the second half, especially with Gronk out was painful to watch. Amendola would never have caught so many balls if they mixed their coverages and played more man. That was what Ramsey was saying. Nevertheless, the Jags needed to play a nearly flawless game in the second half with Brady’s ability to mount comebacks. Hate to state this but you have to give Belicheck and Brady their due. They have been to and won so many super bowls for a reason.

Reactions: 4show
Was definitely a fumble that wasn't going to get overturned. However, I would say there was more than likely comtact while jack was on the ground since he was still stripping the ball from the guy while he was on the ground. Thus would have been down. Definitely a fumble though. No doubt. Down by contact. That call was correct.

No it wasn’t. Go watch the play, no one came close to Jack after he gained possession of the ball.

No it wasn’t. Go watch the play, no one came close to Jack after he gained possession of the ball.
He gained possession while stripping it on the ground thus contact was there pretty much the whole time. I see him as gaining possession at the point he stripped it while still in contact. Not at the point he was completely rolled away. Of the bad calls in the game, I don't see that as one of them. Now had they overturned it and said no fumble, that's a different story.

Jags have FSU players on D...maybe they are the common thread? Not CK? Is that what you're saying?
Problem with that theory is the noles that are on the Jags... ie Ramsey and Telvin did not collapse.. they won a Nat Championship and players like Telvin do not know the word quit. So I do not get the comparrison at all.

Classic NE fan. You literally got all the calls your way which helped get the win and you complain about no calls? What a joke. How about the headbutt on Gipson by Amendola, or the hold on Telvin on the last 3rd down of the game to end it, or the constant holds on LT #77, or the straight up tackle on Marcedes Lewis in the middle of the field on a crucial 3rd down. NE had ZERO penalties called on their offense and defense.

If the refs don't want to call penalties, I'm more than okay with it, but they need to be consistent with both teams. Call it or don't.

Reactions: d'ster
Classic NE fan. You literally got all the calls your way which helped get the win and you complain about no calls? What a joke. How about the headbutt on Gipson by Amendola, or the hold on Telvin on the last 3rd down of the game to end it, or the constant holds on LT #77, or the straight up tackle on Marcedes Lewis in the middle of the field on a crucial 3rd down. NE had ZERO penalties called on their offense and defense.

If the refs don't want to call penalties, I'm more than okay with it, but they need to be consistent with both teams. Call it or don't.
boom shocka locka

He gained possession while stripping it on the ground thus contact was there pretty much the whole time. I see him as gaining possession at the point he stripped it while still in contact. Not at the point he was completely rolled away. Of the bad calls in the game, I don't see that as one of them. Now had they overturned it and said no fumble, that's a different story.

That isn’t how possession works though. Your opinion doesn’t matter. He possessed the ball after it came free from James White and he was easily clear of contact when he gained positive control.

That isn’t how possession works though. Your opinion doesn’t matter. He possessed the ball after it came free from James White and he was easily clear of contact when he gained positive control.
LOL. Your opinion doesn't matter either. You know why? The call isn't changing nor is the result. It sucks because I hate the Pats and wanted the Jags to win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT