ADVERTISEMENT

Atlanta Braves 2020

JonScott

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Sep 3, 2001
I haven’t been following the offseason personnel moves closely ... l know that Teheran and Keuchel are gone, both were disappointments last year - Teheran was just wildly inconsistent, and Keuchel’s best days seem behind him. Donaldson is also gone - he was solid last year at third, and had some clutch hits at the plate. But he was not worth the money he wanted. Ozuna was added along with d’Arnaud. So, will the Braves be better this year? What minor league players. Are expected to step up?

We are going to win it all this season. If the coronavirus doesn't that is. Drew Waters and Cristian Pache will be our best prospects.
At the very least we could be able to raise a pennant for an undefeated season. o_O

At the very least we could be able to raise a pennant for an undefeated season. o_O
Losing Donaldson leaves a huge hole both in the batting order protecting Freddie and defensively. It will be almost impossible to replace his power numbers. I think Ozuna will help some there though. Hopefully Pache is ready for the bigs. I like the pickup of D'Arnaud as well.

Reactions: JonScott
Losing Donaldson leaves a huge hole both in the batting order protecting Freddie and defensively. It will be almost impossible to replace his power numbers. I think Ozuna will help some there though. Hopefully Pache is ready for the bigs. I like the pickup of D'Arnaud as well.
It will be interesting to see how they replace his bat in the order.

It will be interesting to see how they replace his bat in the order.
They're gonna put Ozuna there and hope he can get back to his marlins days. I’d like to see Duvall out there too but it won’t happen. Snit will run Markakis out there

Key is gonna be starting pitching holding up and getting production at 3B. I liked Donaldson but think last year may have been a fluke with him avoiding injury. Osuna doesn’t replace Donaldson, but if Carmargo or Riley can be average at 3rd along with D’arnaud at catcher then the lineup is better top to bottom.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT