ADVERTISEMENT

Attention all FSU softball "insiders"...

P4KNole

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2020
I spent 15 years umpiring at the summer, high school, and ncaa levels. I told people about Edenfield and said I believe she will be a star. If I knew Lonnie or anyone else in the softball program I would do this myself, but I don't so I hope someone can get this message to the appropriate person.

As good as Edenfield is, there is a young lady at Niceville HS by the name of Mary Owens, a senior. She plays multiple positions, but would probably play 3rd in college. She is not the power hitter that Edenfield is (though she has good power), but she is a much better all around hitter! She works her butt off and I have seen her grow into an outstanding all around softball player. She's an even better young woman. Maybe Lonnie or her staff have seen her and passed on her. That's fine, but I would hate for FSU to miss out on her, if she slipped through the cracks. Mary is currently committed to Middle Tennessee State, but I believe if FSU is interested, she can be flipped.

Reactions: NOLES-RULE
I spent 15 years umpiring at the summer, high school, and ncaa levels. I told people about Edenfield and said I believe she will be a star. If I knew Lonnie or anyone else in the softball program I would do this myself, but I don't so I hope someone can get this message to the appropriate person.

As good as Edenfield is, there is a young lady at Niceville HS by the name of Mary Owens, a senior. She plays multiple positions, but would probably play 3rd in college. She is not the power hitter that Edenfield is (though she has good power), but she is a much better all around hitter! She works her butt off and I have seen her grow into an outstanding all around softball player. She's an even better young woman. Maybe Lonnie or her staff have seen her and passed on her. That's fine, but I would hate for FSU to miss out on her, if she slipped through the cracks. Mary is currently committed to Middle Tennessee State, but I believe if FSU is interested, she can be flipped.
Over the next two recruiting cycles we have recruited a top player at Catcher and 3rd. So there may not be a tendency to double up at that position. I know nothing but it can't hurt for someone to pass this on to Coacha

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT