Back by unpopular demand, the Official FSU football 2021 season Vent Thread

billanole

Veteran Seminole Insider
Mar 5, 2005
We were away from home until a few minutes ago. I am mostly looking at the stats, although faces among those on the Noles bench do not look like winners as I saw the last few minutes.
225 rushing yards for the Deacs vs. 95 for FSU makes me look back at the Notre Dame game and ask,… what? We stuffed the domers and ran the friggin ball.

Lotta season left, plenty of time to come together. C’mon, guys. Become a team and learn to play together for 60 minutes.

FSUHOOPSFAN

Walk-on
Sep 17, 2021
I can't really be upset by this. Those sneaky bastards tricked us. At the end of the game they had not one, not two, but THREE time-outs left. We can't overcome such trickery. I really thought anybody would be an improvement over Willie's incompetence. I was WAY wrong.

Reactions: NOLE N TN

UnconqueredNoles

Star Player
Jan 5, 2011
Opposing teams expect a Win vs FSU nowadays, it means nothing to them anymore. Heck CFB in general does also. We’ve got a long road to tow guys…Go Noles

Reactions: billanole

billanole

Veteran Seminole Insider
Mar 5, 2005
Opposing teams expect a Win vs FSU nowadays, it means nothing to them anymore. Heck CFB in general does also. We’ve got a long road to tow guys…Go Noles
Sucks, but is so.
Anytime anywhere is a distant legend…
The team is no longer intimidating, no longer consistent, no longer prepared, no longer ready to dig down and finish….
No longer are they FSU at it’s best.
If the team is not all in, do they expect others to be so?
My family rode the crest that Bill Peterson helped FSU generate. Years later, Bobby lifted us higher.
Players, coaches, support staff, and fans must all join forces for FSU to regain it’s position in football.
Recruiting rankings and strutting around will not suffice. Gotta play high quality ball, consistently.

Reactions: UnconqueredNoles

FSUHOOPSFAN

Walk-on
Sep 17, 2021
Somebody in Tallahassee needs to take one for the team. Break in to mikie 'I believe they had a time-out left' norvells office and steal his book of "analytics". I would suggest burning it, but I doubt it would even burn.

FSUHOOPSFAN

Walk-on
Sep 17, 2021
Remember the good old days when we laughed at the gates hiring zook, muschamp and mcelwain; or when the canes hired Shannon and Golden? Well guess what, those 5 losers, and they are losers, could coach circles around willie and 'I believe they had a time out left'. What a dreadfully horrendous mistake the fsu admin made,,,,,,twice. Even if we could afford to fire coach time out, which we can't, does anybody have any faith they would hire a real coach this time? I don't.

Bill From Tampa

Veteran Seminole Insider
Apr 1, 2002
I caught a chunk of the game and I was interested to see what our response was to the Jax St loss.

I got my answer and it was not a good one.

Not seeing a whole lot of hope from here on out. I have two wins lightly (and I stress lightly) penciled in.

Reactions: billanole

billanole

Veteran Seminole Insider
Mar 5, 2005
Remember the good old days when we laughed at the gates hiring zook, muschamp and mcelwain; or when the canes hired Shannon and Golden? Well guess what, those 5 losers, and they are losers, could coach circles around willie and 'I believe they had a time out left'. What a dreadfully horrendous mistake the fsu admin made,,,,,,twice. Even if we could afford to fire coach time out, which we can't, does anybody have any faith they would hire a real coach this time? I don't.
Are you saying this is all on the coaches and the admin? Nope. The players and all involved have a part.

Last edited:

FSUHOOPSFAN

Walk-on
Sep 17, 2021
It wouldn't be fair to blame it all on the administration and coaches as the players certainly share some of the blame. It all has to come together to have a good program, but it does start at the top.

In my opinion I would assign blame as follows. Administration - 85%. Players - 10% and "coaches" - 5%.

The coaches get the least amount of blame because I believe they are trying their hardest, but they are just totally incompetent. An incompetent person can try their hardest, say all of the right things; but at the end of the day they are still incompetent. So I have a hard time blaming somebody that is stupid for doing something stupid. It is to be expected, so I only assign 5% of our problems to them.

The players come in second at 10%. I really feel for them. It has to be a shock to show up at a supposedly major college program only to find out quickly that you had far better coaching in high school, and maybe even back to their pee wee days. They show up and see imbeciles as coaches with no team identy or direction. It has to be hard for an 18-year old to train and coach himself but their pride should at least show up. Then they get to the games and the idiotic coaches don't put them in a position to compete. I don't see much for them to rally around but their own pride, and I don't see much of it.

That brings us to the real problem with the program, the administration, or lack thereof. Who hired willie? Who hired 'I believe they had a time out left'? Who put up with a fraud in baseball for 30+ years? Who hired meat to replace him? Who hired robinson? Who put up with hamiltons first 10 years? The problems go beyond just football. The fact is FSU has never had a professionally run athletic department. Other than Bobby, who was really a shot in the dark that paid off big time, name one hire that excited you? Me either. I give them 85% of the problems.

It all starts, and ends at the top. We need to stop worrying about individual coaching fails and figure out why it keeps happening, across multiple sports. Our answers won't be solved untill we have professional, competent administration that cares.

Bill From Tampa

Veteran Seminole Insider
Apr 1, 2002
Our defense is atrocious

Our offense is horrendous

Our coaching is ridiculously bad

If you can find a silver lining, you should admit yourself into the nearest mental health facility you can find before you are baker acted.

Here is a silver lining.

The debacle was over in just 3 hrs and 20 min. We did not have to suffer as long as we usually do.

NYCNole

Star Player
Apr 1, 2002
My kids have completely given up on FSU football which really stinks bc I have such fond memories of the glory days. Just waiting for my son to apply to Clemson and be accepted. Never thought that would happen.

Doak is going to be canyon empty rest of season.

CC0492

Seminole Insider
Apr 1, 2002
2 point dogs at home to the red birds. And back on national television! It is time to stop embarrassing ourselves on the field and right this ship guys!

NoleLizards

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Jul 23, 2004
2 point dogs at home to the red birds. And back on national television! It is time to stop embarrassing ourselves on the field and right this ship guys!
Honestly, I really don't care as much as I used to when we lose anymore...I'm pretty much over it following the final whistle. Back when FSU was competing for trophies, single losses were far more painful. Now it's like meh, another defeat. (Now if I were a big time booster or something, I'm sure I'd feel differently....)

CC0492

Seminole Insider
Apr 1, 2002
Honestly, I really don't care as much as I used to when we lose anymore...I'm pretty much over it following the final whistle. Back when FSU was competing for trophies, single losses were far more painful. Now it's like meh, another defeat. (Now if I were a big time booster or something, I'm sure I'd feel differently....)
I hear you. I used to get mad when we lost and stew over it for a while. But these days it's more like oh well. I haven't made a booster donation for the past couple of years, but I did this year. This is essentially like Norvell's first full year on the job (I consider 2020 Year 0 and a throw-away year.) I really want him to succeed here at FSU and be here for a long stretch. Or else we will become another Nebraska as one of the staff writers wrote in a piece.

billanole

Veteran Seminole Insider
Mar 5, 2005
I have not lived and died by Nole football for a really long time. Pops and I sat and watched the no win ‘73 season, by God. We raised hell in the good times, but always knew of the depths that lurked…
Norvell is probably gonna turn it around, given time. Or, not.
Anybody expecting instant gratification, is just kinda that sort of person. NOT.

SeaPA

Veteran Seminole Insider
Dec 17, 2002
Offensively, we can't block. We can't get open. When we do somehow get open, we can't catch the ball. We turn it over roughly every other possession.
Defensively, we don't tackle well. We cannot cover receivers.
But, hey - we make up for it by leading the nation in penalties.

• Sad
Reactions: NoleLizards

billanole

Veteran Seminole Insider
Mar 5, 2005
It wouldn't be fair to blame it all on the administration and coaches as the players certainly share some of the blame. It all has to come together to have a good program, but it does start at the top.

In my opinion I would assign blame as follows. Administration - 85%. Players - 10% and "coaches" - 5%.

The coaches get the least amount of blame because I believe they are trying their hardest, but they are just totally incompetent. An incompetent person can try their hardest, say all of the right things; but at the end of the day they are still incompetent. So I have a hard time blaming somebody that is stupid for doing something stupid. It is to be expected, so I only assign 5% of our problems to them.

The players come in second at 10%. I really feel for them. It has to be a shock to show up at a supposedly major college program only to find out quickly that you had far better coaching in high school, and maybe even back to their pee wee days. They show up and see imbeciles as coaches with no team identy or direction. It has to be hard for an 18-year old to train and coach himself but their pride should at least show up. Then they get to the games and the idiotic coaches don't put them in a position to compete. I don't see much for them to rally around but their own pride, and I don't see much of it.

That brings us to the real problem with the program, the administration, or lack thereof. Who hired willie? Who hired 'I believe they had a time out left'? Who put up with a fraud in baseball for 30+ years? Who hired meat to replace him? Who hired robinson? Who put up with hamiltons first 10 years? The problems go beyond just football. The fact is FSU has never had a professionally run athletic department. Other than Bobby, who was really a shot in the dark that paid off big time, name one hire that excited you? Me either. I give them 85% of the problems.

It all starts, and ends at the top. We need to stop worrying about individual coaching fails and figure out why it keeps happening, across multiple sports. Our answers won't be solved untill we have professional, competent administration that cares.
“… name one hire that excited you…”
Krikorian, Alameda, Braman, Hamilton, Hultquist, Niles, Semrau, Jones, etc..

dougadee68

Veteran Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2012
South Carolina
“… name one hire that excited you…”
Krikorian, Alameda, Braman, Hamilton, Hultquist, Niles, Semrau, Jones, etc..
I can think of 2. I had followed Bobby Bowden’s coaching career since he left FSU in 1966. He was very successful at WVU for several years. I was excited when he came back to FSU after we had several horrible years.

The second time I was excited about a coaching hire was Mike Norvell with his record of success at Memphis.

Reactions: Razorback_Nole

Voxvertis

All-ACC
Sep 1, 2013
So The Noles eke out a win against The Orangeman for the first "W" of the season. The coaches and the players all needed to feel the excitement of being on the winning side of a last second play. It will take some time but Norvell will get the program back on track. Kudos to the Noles for this much needed win!

Latest posts