ADVERTISEMENT

Bars and Lounges closing statewide at 5pm for 30 days

FSUDoles

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2005
LBTS
This is ramping up....restaurants have strict regulations as well....

Curbside takeouts next?

From the Sun Sentinel website, it appears that each city, town, etc. can or will impose deeper regs on restaurants. I live in Lauderdale by the Sea and the number of Spring Breakers, Canadians and other tourists at our beach after Fort Lauderdale shut beaches Sunday night is scary. We have a mayoral election today...I’m thinking everything changes in a few hours....after the polls close....then the hammer falls. At least twenty Five bars and restaurants in a square mile.....I feel terrible for these workers, peak season....

DeSantis said it's just the "floor" of what will happen. I expect all restaurants will be closed to in building seating by Friday with take out and delivery still being allowed. If our numbers keep increasing so dramatically we'll likely see full closure outside of grocery stores eventually.

Reactions: FSUDoles
I am really interested in seeing what happens with office buildings with hundreds or thousands of people. Throw in malls and beaches as well because people will "want to go" somewhere as most other escapes from home are closed.

I am really interested in seeing what happens with office buildings with hundreds or thousands of people. Throw in malls and beaches as well because people will "want to go" somewhere as most other escapes from home are closed.
Beaches will likely start closing soon. They've already started doing so in South Florida. A lot offices likely won't start closing unless there is a government mandate. There are profits to be made.

I told the wife we need to hit the liquor store hard and stock up today. Since our time may be limited we need to make sure we only buy the good stuff.

Reactions: FSUDoles
DeSantis said it's just the "floor" of what will happen. I expect all restaurants will be closed to in building seating by Friday with take out and delivery still being allowed. If our numbers keep increasing so dramatically we'll likely see full closure outside of grocery stores eventually.

Pharmacies will need to remain open as well....Italy model.

Pharmacies will need to remain open as well....Italy model.
Yep. Grocery stores and pharmacies will likely remain open. If you're a low income worker working for a grocery store or pharmacy is going to be a good gig.

I also want to add that I know we as a society look at working at a grocery store or for CVS as "low skill" and replaceable but these people are busting their butts to allow everyone to have enough access to food, medicine and other essentially they really should be commended and getting raises when all of this is over.

Beaches will likely start closing soon. They've already started doing so in South Florida. A lot offices likely won't start closing unless there is a government mandate. There are profits to be made.

That's the danger. Why half step it by closing some but not all. Either go all in or not. How many sick people in an office building does it take to spread to colleague's who then take it home and then they take it to their offices and on and on?

***I work from home***

Reactions: PopsNole
That's the danger. Why half step it by closing some but not all. Either go all in or not. How many sick people in an office building does it take to spread to colleague's who then take it home and then they take it to their offices and on and on?

***I work from home***
I agree. However, it's different for every business. Small businesses literally can't afford to stop working or they may not reopen. Larger businesses it's going to be a profit issue. If you're in the medical or legal field you still have deadlines and patients with serious conditions that need treatment. No easy answers, although France has suspended the payment of rent, utilities for individuals and businesses for X number of days to ease those concerns.

Reactions: goldmom
The number of new cases across the country have gone up quite a bit...as was expected as we do more testing. The up surge in Florida was not as high as expected in the past two days, especially in tourist dense Orange County where there are only 5 cases in total. Broward County has the most with 43. In Florida, of the total 192 cases, 19 were for Floridians who were tested out of state and 6 are for non Floridians that are currently in state. I don't think that there is a specific "hot spot" in Broward or Dade like there is in Seattle or New Rochelle.

What does all this mean? Nobody can conclude at this time. And people need to stop looking at the 1918-1919 Spanish Flu as that virus was deadly regardless of the age of who got it.

The Netherlands refuses to quarantine as they want the population to build up immunities as there is no current virus. The UK was doing the same until last night and they changed course to follow what the US is doing.

It is definitely true that it is possible that the number of cases will not grow at the same rate as in the past two weeks, and it is still unknown if the warm weather will have a favorable impact (JP Morgan has studied Europe and they intimated that data shows that the virus is more contagious in cooler weather). However, none of these possible favorable outcomes can be proven until we go through a full season.

We will learn a lot more by Friday.

Reactions: goldmom
I use the worldometer.info to track the virus. It has data by country. But Italy hadn't posted anything for many hours. All of a sudden, 5 minutes ago, they posted 3500 new cases. That is a rather chocking development after they have been on lockdown. The US only has about 5800 total cases (for now).

I use the worldometer.info to track the virus. It has data by country. But Italy hadn't posted anything for many hours. All of a sudden, 5 minutes ago, they posted 3500 new cases. That is a rather chocking development after they have been on lockdown. The US only has about 5800 total cases (for now).
This mapping has been helpful.

https://data.tallahassee.com/coronavirus/

Sawgrass Mills in Sunrise, one of the nation’s largest....and The Galleria in Fort Lauderdale have closed.

Reactions: Random_John
ADVERTISEMENT