ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball still rocks

GwinnettNole

Seminole Insider
Sep 4, 2001
Reactions: Nolebra Kai
I have to admit that I have come back to baseball this playoff year. I grew up in baseball in the 60's and 70's and loved it. Daylight to dark, we always played. The 2 strikes in the 80's and 90's reduced my passion for professional baseball. I'm enjoying it so far.

I have to admit that I have come back to baseball this playoff year. I grew up in baseball in the 60's and 70's and loved it. Daylight to dark, we always played. The 2 strikes in the 80's and 90's reduced my passion for professional baseball. I'm enjoying it so far.

I'm coming back as well. I'm enjoying it.

Yankee fans harassed a 83 yo woman Astros fan that was at the game. Trash fans. And has gotten nothing but trash hits and a wide strike zone.

Yankees-Dodgers would be great.WEnt to the YA knees-Dodgers series in NY in 1977 - prior to moving to Colorado. great fun and a lot of tradition. Still a Yankee fan from afar!

I hated the Yankees then (and still do), and I hate the Dodgers even more because they couldn't beat the Yankees back in 1977 or 1978.

"Is that a picture of you and Tommy Lasorda? I hate Tommy Lasorda".

hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: LesClaypool
There are a lot of Yankee haters around mostly because people love to hate a winner ( 40 AL Penants and 27 World Series Championsips)...and I know, they bought all the best players. No, I never met Tommy Lasorda so that's not me, but I did meet Billy Martin and my Grandson's great uncle played on the Yankees in the 70's. Good luck to whatever team you support. Maybe they'll still be playing baseball when your team has won as many Series in the next century;(

There are a lot of Yankee haters around mostly because people love to hate a winner ( 40 AL Penants and 27 World Series Championsips)...and I know, they bought all the best players. No, I never met Tommy Lasorda so that's not me, but I did meet Billy Martin and my Grandson's great uncle played on the Yankees in the 70's. Good luck to whatever team you support. Maybe they'll still be playing baseball when your team has won as many Series in the next century;(
Nah, I hate the Yankees because they sound like Cane fans.

Anyone besides me still think the astros come back to win the ALCS? Last two games in Houston

With the top 3 and 4 of the top 8 (Houston 8) TV markets left Fox is sitting pretty this year now that they have the World Series exclusively.

Yankees-Dodgers would be great.Went to the Yankees-Dodgers series in NY in 1977 - prior to moving to Colorado. Great fun and a lot of tradition. Still a Yankee fan from afar!

I was at that series also. October 18,1977 my 8th birthday present...40 years ago yesterday. Game 6 when Reggie hit 3 HR's and won the title. Awesome memory.

Keuchel getting beat yesterday put a damper on my expectations. That said, the Yankees have only won once on the road during the playoffs. Granted, that was a big win to eliminate Cleveland.

The team can't hit. Just playing outside themselves. Looks like the stage is too big. Lived through this in 2015 and in the late 90's with the Killer B's.

The Astros have apparently borrowed FSU's postseason deep freezer to store their bats in.

With the top 3 and 4 of the top 8 (Houston 8) TV markets left Fox is sitting pretty this year now that they have the World Series exclusively.

One day last week, the Sox were on at 1, the Cubs at 4, Yanks at 7 and Dodgers at 10. The baseball TV gods were smiling that day.

Also, looks like Alex Cora might be the front runner for the Sox job, I think he would be great in Boston. I like Ausmus, but would really love to see Cora in Boston, rather than get 1 of the other 3 openings

I think the Astro's are using the Red Soc bats, now.

As an NYC resident, I would like ANYONE except the Yankees to win.

I had to look up who's playing and after a exceptionally brief review, I am rooting for the Dodgers over the Astros in 4.

Kirk Gibson would be pleased.

I was at that series also. October 18,1977 my 8th birthday present...40 years ago yesterday. Game 6 when Reggie hit 3 HR's and won the title. Awesome memory.

Reggie! Reggie! Reggie! Mr. October

I lived in NJ at th time and believe there was Reggie candy bars up until 1982 in the NY area.

Fox is going to have to lap this up because with the US out I'm expecting ratings to plumbet at the World Cup next year (in comparison to previos WCs).

Good thing for them Tampa isn't in the series :)

Yankee fans harassed a 83 yo woman Astros fan that was at the game. Trash fans. And has gotten nothing but trash hits and a wide strike zone.

Reel it on back big boy. Every fan base has trash fans unfortunately. Doesn’t mean everyone is a “trash” fan. They are playing great when their backs are against the wall. We’ll see how this series turns out but I’m enjoying it.

Baseball is my first love and I hate the Yankees too. Being a long suffering Mets fan and living in a city that is chock full of front runners, I hope they never win another game.

Baseball is my first love and I hate the Yankees too. Being a long suffering Mets fan and living in a city that is chock full of front runners, I hope they never win another game.

'86 mets are still my most hated baseball team of all time. Right up there with the '85 bears and Mexico national soccer team....

Go yanks!

'86 mets are still my most hated baseball team of all time. Right up there with the '85 bears and Mexico national soccer team....

Go yanks!

As a Yankees fan, I typically hate the Mets. However, the '86 Mets are one of my favorite teams of all time. How can they not be after tearing the hearts out of every Red Sox fan? I still love it when I see replays of the "slow roller up along first...behind the bag".

That play, Bucky "Bleeping" Dent, and Aaron" Bleeping" Boone all give me the chills.

As a Yankees fan, I typically hate the Mets. However, the '86 Mets are one of my favorite teams of all time. How can they not be after tearing the hearts out of every Red Sox fan? I still love it when I see replays of the "slow roller up along first...behind the bag".

That play, Bucky "Bleeping" Dent, and Aaron" Bleeping" Boone all give me the chills.

All those nightmares have been replaced by four days in October!

Reel it on back big boy. Every fan base has trash fans unfortunately. Doesn’t mean everyone is a “trash” fan. They are playing great when their backs are against the wall. We’ll see how this series turns out but I’m enjoying it.

Of course. I'm sure are few kernels of corn in that turd. We were at the 4 Seasons last night when the Yankees arrived. Aaron Judge is a big son of a gun.

I grew tired of the "Let's Go Mets" hysteria nonstop in the tri-state area. The Boston -Yankees rivalary in the 80's wasn't anywhere close to what it was in the 70's or 2000's.... at least not to me. I also went to school with bandwagon met fans.

That’s not specific enough.

I feel like that’s a shirt that goldmom rocks on the regular already...but it has nothing to do w/baseball.

Maybe I'm miss reading, but that shirt has EVERYTHING to do with baseball...and sports for that matte!

Yankees suck....I loved the Braves until the Yankees changed the way championships were won.

(Albeit they are not doing the "yankee" way this year, but they still suck!)

The demise of the Astros offense is unreal. Their ABs are pathetic.

My folks were from NYC. I grew up a Yankee fan back in the 70's. My mom is actually a Red Socks fan due to a relation to Ted Williams (grandma was a Williams) but I don't hold that against her.

ADVERTISEMENT