ADVERTISEMENT

Boneless Wings/Nuggets

Is a boneless wing chicken wing or a chicken nugget?

• Total voters

DFSNOLE

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Sep 25, 2002
DeFuniak Springs Country Club
For those of us who watched the broadcast of the game, we were blessed with a debate on whether a boneless wing should be considered an elongated chicken nugget or a chicken wing. I guess you have to do something to fill the time during a blowout.

I fall on the nugget side. A chicken wing has bones in it and is actually a defined part of a chicken. Boneless wings are bits and pieces scraped up off the floor, breaded and fried just like nuggets.

What say you?

How do you de-bone a wing?
I usually de-meat the bones.

eating-chicken.gif

Reactions: ChiefWB
If you cover it in buffalo sauce it's a "boneless wing", if you put anything else on it it's just a chicken nugget.

First, those aren't covered. Second, I'll have to take your word that McDonalds has a buffalo dipping sauce.

In looking for the worst nugget/boneless wing I could find, apparently, Mcdonald's customers love the buffalo sauce they serve, the number of hits on google was very surprising/disturbing

As long as something is tasty, I really do not care what is in it. The only foods that I get squeamish about are brains and other central nervous system tissue, because cooking does not kill prions.
I hear rainbow fentanyl is pretty tasty.

As long as something is tasty, I really do not care what is in it. The only foods that I get squeamish about are brains and other central nervous system tissue, because cooking does not kill prions.

I‘m 100% on board with everything you said. I’ve eaten many a fried testicle, internal organ and even tuna and hamachi eyeballs at Japanese restaurants, but brains and spinal cords are right out. For exactly the reason you mentioned, prions. No amount of cooking gets rid of them and I don’t want my own brain to become Swiss Cheese if I can help it.

Other than not having any chicken in them they're fine.
So your saying that a billion dollar a year company is lying and nobody has called them on it?

I dont think its chicken either but they come right out and say all white meat chicken. This article seems to back that up as well although it doesnt really say how much chicken is in each one.

So your saying that a billion dollar a year company is lying and nobody has called them on it?

I dont think its chicken either but they come right out and say all white meat chicken. This article seems to back that up as well although it doesnt really say how much chicken is in each one.
Wouldn't be the first time.

yea, I am pretty sure that is a higher percentage of chicken to fat and breading than I achieve (aim for) when I make I make fried chicken at home. If it's not dredged, egg washed, dredged again, and then breaded before sitting in a skillet of crisco for half an hour, then I do not want it.
I believe we call that 'hyperbole'.
I don't believe anyone's fried chicken at home comes in under 50%. I'd be shocked if it came in under 75% unless you're running straight thighs. This coming from a double dredger as well.
I eat a lot of chicken. I eat "boneless wings". My son eats a lot of McNuggets. Those things don't look even a little like chicken. Half the time he bites one it's hollow inside. It's a chicken/fat slurry that the bread and fry.
I understand, fry anything and you can make it tasty. But it's still not even mostly chicken.

I actually was not being hyperbolic. The way they did that analysis in your link is by weight. I would not be surprised at all if the weight breakdown of my homemade fried chicken is roughly 1/3 chicken protein, 1/3 breading, and 1/3 fat.

McNuggets are just chicken nuggets. They are made of the same mechanically separated and pressed together chicken meat as any other cheap nugget or patty.

Saying that McNuggets are not chicken, because they only contain 39% chicken protein is akin to saying that bacon is not pork, because it only contains 37% pork protein.
Unless you pound your chicken as flat as an iowa pork sandwich I'd be surprised if that was true.

And I don't agree with your comparison to bacon. Bacon has not had the proteins separated out and then mystery fats added in. Just because the ratio is similar doesn't mean it's a good comparison. For all we know the oil/fat added back in isn't even chicken.
Bacon is bacon. A McNugget is a chicken flavored food product.

Look, I eat garbage food too, but I don't pretend that the white bits in my pizza rolls are really Mozzarella.

I know that a bunch of the fat in my fried chicken is crisco. I still call it chicken. Fat is fat.
Hey, get your hate on. It just strikes me as unnecessary food snobbery and unfairly misleading to say that chicken nuggets are not chicken.
Well there are degrees of snobbery. On the scale from McDonalds to Tribe I think I rate pretty middle of the road. I have certain windmills I'll tilt at (never order alfredo from a chain restaurant) but I'm not sourcing my ingredients from organic artisans found only in remote villages in Paraguay either.
But as someone who has seen a lot of McNuggets in their life, the only way I know that there is chicken in there is because people have tested it. When you make chicken at home anyone eating it knows that it's chicken without that. They can see that under the golden brown crust is.....chicken.

Do you agree it’s kinda curious/humorous that you’re so skeptical of doctors, scientists, teaching hospitals, disease stat reporting agencies, etc but not of McDonalds?

Do you agree it’s kinda curious/humorous that you’re so skeptical of doctors, scientists, teaching hospitals, disease stat reporting agencies, etc but not of McDonalds?
Skeptical of everyone. Just playing devils advocate.

Just to be clear I think they are lying and at best its very loosely related to chicken. However, they do seem to stick to their story. You would think someone would have sued them right? They sued Subway of the length of their subs.

ADVERTISEMENT