ADVERTISEMENT

Atlanta Braves thread

Loved watching Fried pinch run and score the go ahead run against Miami. He’s got some speed!

He said he was stumbling so bad there he decided to slide head first intead of face planting in the dirt.

Snitker told him not to do that again lol.
His instincts took over ... he looked like he might fall before he ever hit home.

Reactions: NoleLizards
Well, it appears that there is just a teensy bit of difference between playing LAD and Miami.

Well, it appears that there is just a teensy bit of difference between playing LAD and Miami.
LA sweep was brutal ..... the first two games were over early; last night Atlanta struggled to make the game competitive, at least until Minter came in. Outscored by LA by an aggregate 23-7. Snitker said he would know what he had by the end of May. With Arizona, Cardinals and Brewers coming up May looks to be a tough month.

I have only been able to see an inning or two of the LA series. 10:10 eastern time starts are too late for me. When we face the better teams it is exposed that the Braves still have work to do if they want to be a solid playoff team.

Man, you weren't kidding!

o-ROADKILL-facebook.jpg

I have only been able to see an inning or two of the LA series. 10:10 eastern time starts are too late for me. When we face the better teams it is exposed that the Braves still have work to do if they want to be a solid playoff team.
Honest questions ... Where do you think they go from here? Where do you think improvements come from? I do think the young starters will improve. Perhaps they need to bring up Riley from Gwinnet.

Honest questions ... Where do you think they go from here? Where do you think improvements come from? I do think the young starters will improve. Perhaps they need to bring up Riley from Gwinnet.
Wow! Minter/Snitker strikes again.

But is he worth the asking price? Would adding him make the Braves a contender?

From what I had read a while back Boston offered 17m for 1 year. Kimbrel wants 3 years and will take 13m a year for that. Obviously the issue is can a 31 year old closer continue to throw like he has in the past? Another issue is Braves will lose a 60th draft pick if they pick him before July. I'm not sure how devastating giving up that pick would be but people seem to mention it a lot. Maybe the Braves are holding out to save a draft pick or trying to soften him up on a shorter or more favorable contract I don't know. At this point I would offer an incentive laded contract to get him in asap. At this point it appears we will have trouble trying to win the NL East and getting a wild card may be even more distant.

From what I had read a while back Boston offered 17m for 1 year. Kimbrel wants 3 years and will take 13m a year for that. Obviously the issue is can a 31 year old closer continue to throw like he has in the past? Another issue is Braves will lose a 60th draft pick if they pick him before July. I'm not sure how devastating giving up that pick would be but people seem to mention it a lot. Maybe the Braves are holding out to save a draft pick or trying to soften him up on a shorter or more favorable contract I don't know. At this point I would offer an incentive laded contract to get him in asap. At this point it appears we will have trouble trying to win the NL East and getting a wild card may be even more distant.
Nice three-game win streak in series against Arizona. Relievers were good, with Jackson closing out two of the three. (Minter was relegated to a much needed respite, thank goodness.). The change in the batting order did some good ,... Swanson has been hitting the ball well. Good to be back above .500.

Nice three-game win streak in series against Arizona. Relievers were good, with Jackson closing out two of the three. (Minter was relegated to a much needed respite, thank goodness.). The change in the batting order did some good ,... Swanson has been hitting the ball well. Good to be back above .500.
How long do the Braves wish and hope Folty will become a solid starter? 8 runs in 5 innings, 3 home runs.

Last edited:
How long do the Braves wish and hope Folty will become a solid starter? 8 runs in 5 innings, 3 home runs.

He is having an awful season so far. He has never been consistent and had his share of issues with keeping his cool in years past. But he could also at times come out and shut a team down for 5-7 innings. Not this season, he seems to be getting worse with every start. I do think Ender may be on the trade list if they can get value for him after this season and recent news of hurt back. The problem here is Acuna doesn't look very smooth in CF. I'm sure he will improve but Ender gets such a great jump on the ball you hate to lose his defense.

Last edited:
Reactions: JonScott
He is having an awful season so far. He has never been consistent and had his share of issues with keeping his cool in years past. But he could also at times come out and shut a team down for 5-7 innings. Not this season, he seems to be getting worse with every start. I do think Ender may be on the trade list if they can get value for him after this season and recent news of hurt back. The problem here is Acuna doesn't look very smooth in CF. I'm sure he will improve but Ender gets such a great jump on the ball you hate to lose his defense.
Another excellent outing by Soroka ... Jackson too. Excited about Riley...

Reactions: SoddyNole
Another excellent outing by Soroka ... Jackson too. Excited about Riley...
An excellent outing against Milwaukee .... until the relievers worked their funhouse magic ... Tomlin, venters and parsons give up Eight runs in 3 innings ... in fairness Swanson opened the door in the ninth with his two out error ... the relievers did the rest. Still, a 12-8 win over the brewers.

Good outing for Folty ... good week for the Braves... has Minter been sent down? I know Biddle was.
This team will go as far as the bullpen can take them which is still up in the air.

Good outing for Folty ... good week for the Braves... has Minter been sent down? I know Biddle was.
This team will go as far as the bullpen can take them which is still up in the air.
I saw that Vizcaino and Biddle were traded to Seattle. Minter does not appear to be on the roster.

Another great outing by Soroka against the Giants. Acuna has two and Riley one home run.

Newcomb gets first save with an excellent ninth inning.

Last edited:
What an improbable win at St Louis tonight! I almost turned the game off after the eighth inning .... Braves looked dead in the water. Flaherty had done a masterful job against Atlanta’s hitters. But then came the ninth inning and another clutch hit from Riley. What a comeback!

Horrible outing for Gausman ... 7 runs, 8 hits, 2 walks in less than 1 1/3 innings. He usually digs a hole for himself early on ... today was a crater.

Batters 1-3 for Atlanta are a combined 2-22 so far against Washington

Last edited:
Another weird stat: 14-14 at home, 16-12 on the road.

Not sure what Snitker sees in Blevins ... he’s not shut down anyone.

So far against sub five hundred teams over the last three games Braves have been outscored 25-8 at home ...and tonight’s game is not over ... bases loaded in bottom of the 7th with no outs for the Braves.

- Final 8-2 Detroit

- Detroit had only 44 home runs—second fewest in the majors —hit four bombs tonight

- Braves now 14-15 at home, outscored 26-9 in 3 game home stretch

- Does it seem that Snitker’s teams have suffered quite a few blowout losses?

Last edited:
Another difficult outing for Fried, this time against Pittsburgh. He’s young. Good job by the relievers .... Is that a chaw wad that is ever bulging in Tomlin’s mouth?

Riley, 9 home runs in 18 games!

Have you ever seen Freddie hit a ball like this foul ball last night?

He absolutely crushed it!

It had to be close to 500'. Out of the park and ended up floating down the river, lol.

Last edited:
That was some blast! They showed shots of the river and it looked there was a ball near the shore line.

Pause at .13 and you will see the ball between two branches floating. I got such a kick from that for some reason.

Not sure why gausman is still pitching.... battered for7 runs, 13 hits in 4 1/3 ... unless Snitker has already conceded the game.

So with the addition of Keuchel who gets bumped out of the starting rotation? My pick is Gausman.

Winkler has gone the way of AJ Minter... and Snitker keeps putting him in relief. .... announcers suggested that Gausman might be better suited as a reliever.... not a bad idea.

Reactions: SoddyNole
Gausman has pitched much better in prior years and putting him in relief would be worth a try. That move has worked out well with Newcomb so far this season.

Gausman was placed on the 10-day injured list Tuesday due to plantar fasciitis in his right foot.

Gausman was pulled after allowing four runs (two earned) over 2.1 innings Monday night, so it seems likely that his foot issue played a role in his disastrous outing. A.J Minter was recalled from Triple-A Gwinnett in a corresponding move.

tumblr_ou26lk5ADr1qmob6ro1_400.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT