ADVERTISEMENT

Braves 2020

God my nerves are on fire tonight! First our beloved Noles upset UNC. Then my Bucs upset Aaron. Maybe this trend continues with my beloved Braves!

That was the dumbest base running I have seen .... 2nd and 3 rd, no outs and Swanson and Riley, trying to advance on a markakis grounder to third, both get thrown out for a double play. If the Braves lose this game by a run or two they will look on these blunders with frustration.... like I just felt.

Last edited:
Reactions: FSUfan1973
That was the dumbest base running I have seen .... 2nd and 3 rd, no outs and Swanson and Riley, trying to advance on a markakis grounder to third, both get thrown out for a double play. If the Braves lose this game by a run or two they will look on these blunders with frustration.... like I just felt.
Definitely cost us.

Went down with a whimper ...
Losing Soroka and Folty hurt us bad. Add in Wright with a bad outing and we got what we got. Still have a good shot if we can keep our pitchers healthy next year. Dodgers paid a billion dollars to get a WS. Hopefully Tampa can dash their hopes yet again.

3 GD hits. Everyone was swinging for the fence and immediately had an 0-2 count. Bad plate discipline. Timing was off and no one could hit a fastball. What a cluster that was. Go Rays!

It was a good run and if you had told me 4 of the top 5 starting pitchers were going to be out this season for various reasons I would have guaranteed them not making the playoffs. Not only did they make the playoffs they were able to advance. The future looks bright if they can hold this team together. Hopefully Ozuna doesn't become too expensive but I expect someone to throw crazy money at him.

2021 here we come!

Given the serious loss of starting pitching early in the season the Braves made a surprising and very good run ... and could have won game 7. Promising young pitchers in Soroka, Fried, Anderson, Wright and Wilson ... Ozuna was a good addition and Pache has promise.

Pache impressed me with his patience at the plate in his first start, drawing 2 walks. And then he went on to get his first MLB HR on the big stage. Like Jon said, the kid has promise!

Pache impressed me with his patience at the plate in his first start, drawing 2 walks. And then he went on to get his first MLB HR on the big stage. Like Jon said, the kid has promise!
He played his way onto the roster for sure or really, really great trade value. Will be interesting to see what the Braves do with him in the off-season.

Ender is most likely not long to be with the Braves especially after they did not bring him to to the playoffs. I thought he would struggle with the 60 game season due to a tendency to have long slumps at the plate through out a season. Pache salary is at minimum and they are paying Ender 7.7 million a season. Offer Ozuna 20 Mil 6 year and hold your breath. I don't think they keep him at his current 18 million contract and only being 29 should have several productive years ahead of him. I assume Markakis will not be signed due to playing this season with a 1 year contract and he will be 37 next season and seems to losing some of hand speed.

Last edited:
^ Yeah I agree. Ender and Nick are gone. Pache is in. I hope the Braves can keep Ozuna as the 1-4 batters are potentially a murderers row for opposing pitchers.

Here's to 2021 and Go Rays! 🍻

Ender is most likely not long to be with the Braves especially after they did not bring him to to the playoffs. I thought he would struggle with the 60 game season due to a tendency to have long slumps at the plate through out a season. Pache salary is at minimum and they are paying Ender 7.7 million a season. Offer Ozuna 20 Mil 6 year and hold your breath. I don't think they keep him at his current 18 million contract and only being 29 should have several productive years ahead of him. I assume Markakis will not be signed due to playing this season with a 1 year contract and he will be 37 next season and seems to losing some of hand speed.
NM was pulled from the batting order for several of the NLCS games .... don't think I have ever seen him take so many called third strikes. ... Ender never got going at the plate this year. ... Ozuna was a much better bargain than Donaldson.

Reactions: FSUfan1973
ADVERTISEMENT