ADVERTISEMENT

Braves 2021

Not sure why Snitker keeps pinch hitting Sandoval …. He’s something like 1 for his last 31 and is batting about .185. …. Toussaint has been really sharp his last two games. Too bad he’s gotten no run suppport.

• Sad
Reactions: NoleLizards
Pablo is a good story if he can get you a hit every now and then. But that hasn't been the case for a majority of the season. I'm not sure what he brings to the team other than some fun antics in the dugout.

Reactions: WRWnole85
Great stat shown during tonight’s game … Dansby Swanson has the third most hard hit balls among shortstops with 122!!!!! Maybe he can parlay that stat into a big raise!

Reactions: SoddyNole
Pablo is a good story if he can get you a hit every now and then. But that hasn't been the case for a majority of the season. I'm not sure what he brings to the team other than some fun antics in the dugout.
He is a wasted spot unless he hits a homerun. He can't run so even if he walks you have to pinch run for him which uses another player.

He needs a a made up injury and go the 60 day IL so he can still be in the dugout.

He is a wasted spot unless he hits a homerun. He can't run so even if he walks you have to pinch run for him which uses another player.

He needs a a made up injury and go the 60 day IL so he can still be in the dugout.
That would make sense to just about anyone except to the manager who keeps putting him in during critical moments in the game.

.181 and dropping

Looks like we are going to split most of the series all the way to an early season's end.

Reactions: JonScott
If there are any extreme stats guys around, I wonder what the Braves' runs-per-game is when a win would get them to .500. I would guess it's less than 2.

That would make sense to just about anyone except to the manager who keeps putting him in during critical moments in the game.

.181 and dropping

Looks like we are going to split most of the series all the way to an early season's end.
I believe the Braves are now 1-10 in games where a win would get them to .500. They are one of only three mlb teams that have not been over .500 this season. …. Snitker keeps trotting the same players out there in the forlorn hope that they will eventually get the job done. Sandoval had a few good at bats early in the season and is of late 1 for 30. How many years have we watched Minter pitch in relief? Apparently they will only sign a catcher who hits .215 or less.

Sandoval strikes … out, again. Why does Snitker insist on pinch hitting this guy? Chavez could not be any worse.

Well, sandoval has been traded to the Indians for Rosario. Also added Duval and Solero who was not having a very good year with KC. While this is an improvement, especially in pinch hitting, the Braves made no major additions.

Last edited:
The Braves dedicated fields to Hank Aaron and Bill Lucas today. Lucas was the first black GM in MLB in 1976 after leading the minor league system. As a local connection Lucas was a graduate of FAMU. He died suddenly in his mid-40s.

inexplicable but all too typical up and down roller coaster season- win followed by another weak situational-hitting loss. And Paul Byrd will tell us what a great job Snitker has done this season.

Last edited:
The Braves have swapped wins and losses for 17 straight games, the longest stretch of its kind in MLB history. While the Braves have missed chance after chance to make up ground in the NL East, they also have fortunately remained only four games back of the Mets, a team also experiencing many frustrating losses. Sunday’s loss marked the 20th time this year the Braves have lost a game by one run, the third most in the majors behind Arizona and Miami.

Last edited:
What in the world did Contreras do to Snitker to make him have Smith take his spot at catcher? Seriously Smith just might break .100 at the plate this season if they leave him in log enough. Awful, simply awful. Damn it D'arnaud heal faster!

What in the world did Contreras do to Snitker to make him have Smith take his spot at catcher? Seriously Smith just might break .100 at the plate this season if they leave him in log enough. Awful, simply awful. Damn it D'arnaud heal faster!
Smith is mr automatic out

If Smith is not sent down tomorrow, the entire organization needs to be sacked.

Contreras had 50 strikeouts in 44 games, on pace for nearly 200 in a full season. He only had 29 hits but the 7 HRs were nice.

D'Arnaud might be back during next week's Tue-Thu series against the Reds. His bobblehead night is next Thursday, lol.

Braves are really damn good. The NL has some loaded teams between the Dodgers, Padres and Braves. The AL still seems pretty wide open to me. Yankees didn’t get much better, Rays probably got worse, Astros aren’t better, Indians aren’t better. I will say, as a Rays fan, I need to stop doubting the front office.
um.

San Francisco Giants....???...anyone...?? Haha

Reactions: WRWnole85
First time I've ever seen 4 consecutive bases loaded walks, the winning run as well as the 3 that followed.

Has that ever happened before? Regardless, for the first time this season, the Bravos are over .500 and only a game and a half out of first. Maybe this is the beginning of a stretch drive?

First time the Braves have been over .500 this season …. Who would have anticipated this?

WatchEd the game last night and happy for the win … but Washington’s lineup has been gutted by management.

Shane Greene is out and Minter is brought back up.

I had no confidence in Smith closing that game last night but he did manage to get 3 outs.

The pitching matchup is not very favorable towards getting a win tonight with Touki vs Wade Miley. Touki has a high ceiling but struggles to get there quite often.

The Braves have suffered more than their share of obstacles this season but still making it interesting with a little help from a weak division. I had them at no chance of making the playoffs this season but the trades AA made seem to be working in our favor at this time.

Man, how can you not be happy that Duvall is back!!!!! And Soler is impressing. This team just may have a chance.

I had no confidence in Smith closing that game last night but he did manage to get 3 outs.

The pitching matchup is not very favorable towards getting a win tonight with Touki vs Wade Miley. Touki has a high ceiling but struggles to get there quite often.

The Braves have suffered more than their share of obstacles this season but still making it interesting with a little help from a weak division. I had them at no chance of making the playoffs this season but the trades AA made seem to be working in our favor at this time.
Eddie Rosario (LF) is heading to Gwinnett for a rehab stint this week and Ynoa is back in the rotation on Friday.

Pregame show last night said that D"Arnaud may be back as soon as tomorow.

Also, when Smith issued that walk I was holding my breath. Especially after he blew the game Saturday in ridiculous fashion.

Smith too often puts himself in position to lose a game … like last night. He got out of the Inning but there is little that is reassuring when he takes the mound. …. Not surprised about Greene. … Minter must have something on Snitker or AA.

ADVERTISEMENT