ADVERTISEMENT

Braves - 2022

SoddyNole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Jan 9, 2009
Will there be a Braves 2022...???

From World series winner to MLB strike, ughh.

Is Freddie really going to move on? Freeman signed with the Braves out of high school in 2007. Can he so easily just move on to another program or is this all a leverage play by his agent to get closer to what he is asking?

☝️☝️☝️ Come on MLB.....Let's get this party started!!!! ☝️☝️☝️

Please stay in the ATL Freddie! ☝️☝️☝️ I hope it's just a leverage move. A lot of hoping and wishing in this post.

I would have been shocked AND amazed if the organization let FF leave after last year. In almost every situation I would agree with a value of diminishing returns determination, but not the BS of letting Freddie go to another team. Last year was worth multiple years of predicted NP, don't poor mouth me Atlanta.

Snitker did an on-field interview just a bit ago when the news broke. He sounded less than enthused about the trade.

Losing Freddy sucks, but we could do much worse than Olson as his replacement. He's only 27...and like Freddy, he's an excellent defensive first baseman (in addition to his comparable recent offensive production). Plus Olson's from the ATL, so that's pretty cool 😎.

Reactions: Nolerball
Losing Freddy sucks, but we could do much worse than Olson as his replacement. He's only 27...and like Freddy, he's an excellent defensive first baseman (in addition to his comparable recent offensive production). Plus Olson's from the ATL, so that's pretty cool 😎.
The fact Olson is an ATL native and a younger equivalent to Freddie could be AA's only saving grace to prevent the fans from hanging him in effigy this season.

Good luck Freddie wherever you go and..........GO BRAVES!

Reactions: NoleLizards
On a lighter, more positive note, Matt Olson is donating 1% of his $168M salary to a local Lilburn, GA rehab center called ReCliff. They work with disabled youth, I think primarily on the Autism spectrum. He's a local boy done good who went to Parkview High School and donated his time to working with kids there.

As someone who lived in Lilburn for a short time, and then later on in Grayson (both in Gwinnett County) I had no idea who Matt Olson was. Even with the Oakland A's I had no idea. But I am a fan now and wish him and his family the best of luck back here now in the ATL! GO BRAVES!

IncompletePerfumedBarebirdbat-max-1mb.gif

Good luck Freddie wherever you go and..........GO BRAVES!

I was born in Atlanta.

I remember the days of Glenn Hubbard, Chris Chambliss, Rafael Ramirez, Pascual Perez, Bob Horner, Claudell Washington, Phil Niekro, Bruce Benedict and of course Dale Murphy.

I remember how crushed I was when Brett Butler was traded.

Used to spend a good amount of time at the old Fulton County Stadium as young kid.

FF leaving Atlanta, to me, is like what it would have been to lose CJ to another team.

For those of us old enough to remember, we were in the same division as the Dodgers and they were rivals back in the day.

With FF going to LA, I hope he loses every game he plays for them.

I would wish "luck" for FF like I'd wish luck to that school in Coral Gables, or the one in Gainesville.

Not gonna happen.

Foregone conclusion that FF was gone when we got Olson but stings to see him sign with Dodgers. They're the new Yankees trying to buy championships. We *should* be strong enough to compete with them once we get Acuna back, hopefully Soroka shakes the injury bug sooner rather than later. I like that we picked up McHugh and kept Rosario. Getting Ozunas bat back at DH, i like the lineup.

Reactions: NoleLizards
I wondered if Ozuna would be back. I love in the article it says Ozuna will be DH and "might" occasionally play OF. Unless he drastically improves his arm I don't see him ever playing OF again in MLB. Before his off the field troubles other teams were circling the bases on him like a little league game.
Based on reading various articles related to spring training, it looks like Ozuna is still with the team and will be reporting for spring training. I just hope his batting is still great. As you said, he should never play in the outfield again.

Not a big fan of Ozuna … Braves won it all without him.

I read they think Mike Soroka "may" be back after All Star break. He is currently running in a straight line and been jumping for a month.

I read they think Mike Soroka "may" be back after All Star break. He is currently running in a straight line and been jumping for a month.
After what happened this past season, I am all for taking his return slow and steady. I feel like he was rushed last year causing his injury to relapse.

The Braves' pitching staff is pretty loaded with Morton, Fried, and Anderson. Add on Ynoa, Wright, and possibly McHugh. With all of that, Soroka is icing in the cake.

Oh-oh! Braves got a new first baseman from Oakland today, Matt Olson!
You wouldn't normally go out and make a trade for a guy who hit 39 homers last season and has been an All-Star in the American league unless you've got him circled to be a DH to add more pop to the lineup and insurance in case Freddie doesn't accept the Braves offer.

Re-sign Jorge Soler get rid of Ozuna and problem solved.
Easier said than done, dude signed a huge contract last year and still has 3 seasons left on it. Nobody will want that contract and the baggage.

Think if the Braves could get out from under it they would dump Ozuna and sign Soler in a heartbeat.

Matt Olson doesn't appear to even have Sid Bream speed... He's been thrown out at the plate twice tonight.

Reactions: WRWnole85
ADVERTISEMENT