ADVERTISEMENT

Braves - 2022

The Braves 7 game stretch of 4 with the Mets and 3 with Astros will be the make or break moment of this season. They'll either make a run at the NL East title or slip away and hope for a WC slot.

Anderson back with his high pitch count ā€¦ 25 pitch first inning.

Anderson looked better the second through the fourth innings ā€¦ 44 pitches over three innings.

Reactions: NoleLizards
He has hit two monster home runs ā€¦ he has power. if he keeps this up I wonder what they will do with him when Albies comes back.
If it's late enough for the expanded rosters, keep him in Atlanta and get him as many ABs as possible. If it before that, send him down so he can keep playing every day. I've read speculation that if the Braves resign Swanson, he could be moved to LF with Grissom playing SS. Grissom has never played the OF so they figure it would be an easier transition for Dansby.

Anderson was optioned to Gwinnett, hung around the team and was the extra man for the DH. Assuming he gets 2-3 starts to straighten things out. Mueller looked good albeit against a bad Marlins lineup, hope elder finds success today before the gauntlet next week.

Also curious who plays if an infielder gets hurt.

What a bizarre ninth inning ā€¦ Iā€™ll take it! The pitching problems for Miami bailed Swanson out of a major base running error.

I would be shocked if Soroka pitches any meaningful innings this year. Could see him getting a few innings late in the year just to evaluate where he's at. If he comes back as a serviceable starter it will be miracle considering what he has been through.

Predictions for this four-game homestand with the Mets?

My best guess is a two-game split. Braves win the first two and Scherzer and Degrom win the last two. I certainly do not like the Scherzer vs Odorizzi matchup.

The big questions: whether the Braves can score enough runs against the Mets ... and how will the home crowd effect the Braves? The Mets took 2-3 the last homestand and are 6 of the last 8 against the Braves.

Predictions for this four-game homestand with the Mets?

My best guess is a two-game split. Braves win the first two and Scherzer and Degrom win the last two. I certainly do not like the Scherzer vs Odorizi matchup.

The big questions: whether the Braves can score enough runs against the Mets ... and how will the home crowd effect the Braves? The Mets took 2-3 the last homestand and are 6 of the last 8 against the Braves.
Don't love that Fried is questionable to pitch, or that Wright is battling arm soreness. A split would be great, but to have much of a tangible chance at winning the division I think we need 3.

ADVERTISEMENT