ADVERTISEMENT

Braves - 2022

Well, that was a pretty good start to this series with the Mets. Strider showed his mettle against a good-hitting club.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoleLizards
Well, that was a pretty good start to this series with the Mets. Strider made showed his mettle against a good-hitting club.
Definitely couldn't complain about lack of run support! 🙂

Ok, things get real tonight... Odor Eaters vs the great Max Scherzer. If the Braves somehow steal this one, we could be remembering the resulting two game swing in the standings at the end.

Ok, things get real tonight... Odor Eaters vs the great Max Scherzer. If the Braves somehow steal this one, we could be remembering the resulting two game swing in the standings at the end.
Given how dominant Scherzer has been ... and how unimpressive Odorizzi has been in his two starts for Atlanta ... "steal" is indeed the operative word.

Can the Braves offense continue to put some runs on the board? The Mets offense has disappeared ... 1 run in two games.

Marte and Lindor homer back-to-back in the first. Gonna be a short night for Odoreasy and a long one for us Braves fans. 😟

Reactions: JonScott
I don't think this is a one inning game.
Unfortunately you're correct. Hopefully Snit leaves this guy in there to take his lumps and eat up innings so the pen won't be worn out for tomorrow night.

Here’s an interesting stat: since becoming a full-time starter in 2019, Fried has 49 wins, second in Major League Baseball only to the Yankees Gerrit Cole’s 52.

Last edited:
Here’s an interesting stat: since becoming a ful-time starter in 2019, Fried has 49 wins, second in Major League Baseball only to the Yankees Gerrit Cole’s 52.
But he rarely gets the credit he deserves. I'd bet if you asked twenty MLB writers to rank their top 5 NL starters, he wouldn't appear on 75% of the lists. Even the coverage of the game on the MLB Network this morning focused on deGrom and not Max.

I see that Kyle Wright is getting the start against the mighty Astros tonight. Guess his arm is fresh enough to go (I hope! 🙏).

Marcell Ozuna arrested on DUI charge in Gwinnett. Are his days with the Braves over now after this latest off field incident????

• Sad
I see that Kyle Wright is getting the start against the mighty Astros tonight. Guess his arm is fresh enough to go (I hope! 🙏).
Houston is very good again this year ... Dusty Baker has done a great job managing the Astros ... split a four-game series with the Whitesox ... pounded out 25 hits yesterday in a 21-5 thumping of Chicago.

• Wow
Yeah, this 'Stros series has me worried. On the back of the way they played against the Mutts, I fear they'll have a letdown. But maybe not.

On the other hand, I"m a worrier by nature. If I were a 'Bama fan, I'd be worried about playing Tuscalooser HS.

After losing 4 of 5 to the Mets in New York I was of the mind that the Braves just did not have the pitching or hitting to make a strong run at another World Series. After winning 4-5 against the Mets and Astros, two of the best teams in MLB, I am of the mind that maybe the Braves do have what it takes to make another strong run. The Braves' pitching has been stellar of late and the bats have come alive. Having Grissom and Harris at the bottom of the order has added strong hitting with base-running speed, a nightmare for opposing pitchers.

After losing 4 of 5 to the Mets in New York I was of the mind that the Braves just did not have the pitching or hitting to make a strong run at another World Series. After winning 4-5 against the Mets and Astros, two of the best teams in MLB, I am of the mind that maybe the Braves do have what it takes to make another strong run. The Braves' pitching has been stellar of late and the bats have come alive. Having Grissom and Harris at the bottom of the order has added strong hitting with base-running speed, a nightmare for opposing pitchers.
Soroka looked fantastic in his first rehab start. Will be nice to switch him out with Odor Eaters in the rotation.

Marcell Ozuna arrested on DUI charge in Gwinnett. Are his days with the Braves over now after this latest off field incident????
There is a body cam video of his arrest on the internet. He was speeding and the officer claimed he swerved too which he very may have. He admitted to having 3-4 beets but wasn't falling all over the place. I have never gone through a DUI test but could not believe how long they tested him. He did not seem obviously impaired on any of tests but maybe there are subtle things to look for that I would not know about. They arrested him after he refused to blow into the breathalyzer. I thought the Braves should have gotten rid of him last season but suspect his attorney may be able to get him out of this fairly easily. It was odd that he was carrying 7-8K cash in his pocket and not sure what that was about and that makes one wonder what is up with that. I wouldn't be surprised if the front office finds a way to void his contract out of this coupled with last year.

Last edited:
There is a body cam video of his arrest on the internet. He was speeding and the officer claimed he swerved too which he very may have. He admitted to having 3-4 beets but wasn't falling all over the place. I have never gone through a DUI test but could not believe how long they tested him. He did not seem obviously impaired on any of tests but maybe there are subtle things to look for that I would not know about. They arrested him after he refused to blow into the breathalyzer. I thought the Braves should have gotten rid of him last season but don't suspect his attorney may be able to get him out of this fairly easily. It was odd that he was carrying 7-8K cash in his pocket and not sure what that was about and that makes one wonder what is up with that. I wouldn't be surprised if the front office finds a way to void his contract out of this coupled with last year.
One would have to imagine that Ozuna was placed on a low pitch count, figuratively speaking, when the Braves took him back. I doubt that he's going to get much of a benefit of a doubt from the organization.

Reactions: SoddyNole
ADVERTISEMENT