ADVERTISEMENT

Braves - 2022

How extraordinary is it to have three rookies produce the way Harris, Strider and Grissom have?

Reactions: seminoleed
How extraordinary is it to have three rookies produce the way Harris, Strider and Grissom have?
Quite.

Seems to me that the emergence of Grissom in particular creates an intriguing conundrum when Albies returns. Also it gives management coonsiderable leverage when it comes to Dansby Swanson's future. I'd hate to lose him after this season, but it's a business.

Quite.

Seems to me that the emergence of Grissom in particular creates an intriguing conundrum when Albies returns. Also it gives management coonsiderable leverage when it comes to Dansby Swanson's future. I'd hate to lose him after this season, but it's a business.
How do you keep all of Riley, Albies, Swanson, Grissom and Olson and keep them all happy? Riley has played some outfield ... Grissom could perhaps play third?

Odor Eaters ain't getting it done 😟. Sure hope Soroka's back soon.

Jansen gives up two bombs … Braves lose. Braves need a shutdown closer.

I would like to see Snit use Iglesias in the closer role for a while. He closed for the Angels and has thrown well lately.
From the AJC:

The Braves aren’t stupid. They see what’s happening. Brian Snitker noted Sunday that Jansen leads the majors in saves. Left unsaid was that he’s tied for the lead in blown saves, with seven. Three of those have come in his past seven appearances.

Jansen has had rough patches before. He’s human. Given that the Braves don’t make a move without considering October, the deadline acquisition of Raisel Iglesias looms larger with every week. He’s a closer by trade, too.

Braves GM Alex Anthopoulos spent 2016 and 2017 with the Dodgers. Jansen had a loss and a blown save in the 2017 World Series against the Astros. Dave Roberts has fielded is-Jansen-still-your-closer questions nearly every postseason. In the 2018 Series, he blew consecutive games against Boston. When L.A. finally won in 2020, Jansen wasn’t deployed in Game 7 against the Braves or the closeout Game 6 against the Rays. Both times, Roberts went with Julio Urias, who’s mostly a starter.

The Braves signed Jansen knowing him well. (He has faced them 13 times in postseason.) He’s sometimes unhittable, but his wobbles can be pronounced. You always need a Plan B in October. Iglesias is it.

Kirby Yates has had closing success as well. His arm seems to be holding up well following TJ surgery, so I could see Snit using him in some high leverage situations down the stretch and in October.

Kirby Yates has had closing success as well. His arm seems to be holding up well following TJ surgery, so I could see Snit using him in some high leverage situations down the stretch and in October.
Yates has pitched a little bit better with every opportunity.

Reactions: NoleLizards
Mets lost tonight, but can the Braves take advantage? They're off to a rocky start, down 2-0.

Might come down to the final series with them. Have to stay within 2 games and get the sweep for the lead. Then hold onto it against the fish. Ugh.......dramatic.

Well, the Mets lost but the Braves are already behind in the first

Wright is struggling so far …. 51 pitches in two innings but, fortunately, has given up only one run.

Wright has found his rhythm…. 51 pitches first two innings, 42 over the next three… Good for him.

Reactions: NoleLizards
ADVERTISEMENT