ADVERTISEMENT

Braves - 2022

Brewers were up 4-0. An Alonso three run dinger and a Lindor slam later the nyets are up 7-4. Can't ever count those guys out. 🥺

Nice insurance HR by Dansby, meanwhile!

Having moved to SW FLorida, I can't get the games on Balley any more and am condemned to listening to the radio broadcast every game. The announcers last night made a great point--how will Mets fans deal with winning 100 games, their best season ever, but NOT win the division?

Mets are good, no doubt, and I wouldn't be surprised if they win the whole thing. They have an advantage in the Braves pushing them for two months, something the Dodgers haven't experienced all season.

3 games next week decides it all, I say. Would love it if they both came into that series with identical records.

This is the worst loss of season. Complete meltdown of self inflicted wounds.
Washington NEVER holds a runner up at third. Hell, he'd wave William Perry home if he had the opportunity.
BY holding up Riley, he cost them the tying run AND got Contreras caught in the rundown. Dumb ass 3rd base coaching cost them this game.

• Sad
Reactions: NoleLizards
This is the worst loss of season. Complete meltdown of self inflicted wounds.
That was just frustrating to watch. Not sure why they decided to pitch to Meneses in the 7th ... he's the only Nationals player that had success at the plate against the Braves this series. ... Could not get a timely hit ... Contreras ran us out of a bases loaded, one-out inning.

The possible good news? Brewers lead the Mets 2-0 in the 7th ...

That was just frustrating to watch. Not sure why they decided to pitch to Meneses in the 7th ... he's the only Nationals player that had success at the plate against the Braves this series. ... Could not get a timely hit ... Contreras ran us out of a bases loaded, one-out inning.

Again, Contreras doesn't try for 3rd if Washington doesn't wave Riley home, only to stop him at the last limit.

Having moved to SW FLorida, I can't get the games on Balley any more and am condemned to listening to the radio broadcast every game. The announcers last night made a great point--how will Mets fans deal with winning 100 games, their best season ever, but NOT win the division?

Mets are good, no doubt, and I wouldn't be surprised if they win the whole thing. They have an advantage in the Braves pushing them for two months, something the Dodgers haven't experienced all season.

3 games next week decides it all, I say. Would love it if they both came into that series with identical records.

Meet the Mets, don't greet the Mets,
Instead, step right up and beat the Mets.
Leave your kiddies and hide your wife,
Guaranteed to have the time of your life.
Because the Mets are ready, they'll be takin' a fall,
Braves hitters will be knockin' homers over the wall.
East side, West side, everybody's coming down,
To see the Braves beat the M-E-T-S Mets, of New York town.

The Braves' bats have apparently been tossed into a vat of liquid nitrogen. Can't win games when you can't score. 😟

Reactions: JonScott
If the Braves are ultimately forced to change their nickname on account of political correctness, I nominate the Atlanta Beavis & Buttheads for the new name since they can't score.

Read a report that Soroka has inflammation in his right elbow ... though there was no joint damage he is being shut down for the rest of this season with the prospect of returning in 2023. Starting to wonder if he will ever make it back.

Read a report that Soroka has inflammation in his right elbow ... though there was no joint damage he is being shut down for the rest of this season with the prospect of returning in 2023. Starting to wonder if he will ever make it back.
I figured coming back next season was always the best case scenario. Rushing him back would not be beneficial in the long term. Slow and steady improvement.

Pitched 25 innings this season with 25 SO, 7 BB and a 5.40 ERA in the minors. Said he earned 2.8 million this season. I was surprised he earned that much.

Even with Olson and Acuna out today, Atlanta's putting some runs on the board. In other good news, the A's have put up five against DeGrom. Keeping my 🤞.

• Love
Reactions: DFSNOLE
Probably need to get all 3 in DC to be tied with the Mets. The 3 starters for the Nats are all awful.

Next weekend will be a tough ask, think Bassit, Degrom and Scherzer are on schedule to start.

Probably need to get all 3 in DC to be tied with the Mets. The 3 starters for the Nats are all awful.

Next weekend will be a tough ask, think Bassit, Degrom and Scherzer are on schedule to start.
Next weekend will take care of itself. The Braves are a different team when Truist is filled and rockin'!! Gotta take care of business first during the week in order for it to matter.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Arcia even gets in on the act with a two out two-run dinger! 8-0 the good guys.

ADVERTISEMENT