ADVERTISEMENT

Braves - 2022

Huge outing for Elder, has come up big down the stretch when the team needed him (albeit against bad teams but still).

Need the same from Mueller and Odorizzi next two days.

Wonder if the storm impacts the games this weekend?

Eight games left for the Braves and the Mets ... outside of the three-game series between the two in Atlanta, the Braves have five games left, two against the Nats and three against the Marlins. The Mets have five games left ... two against the Marlins and three against the Nats. It's going to be an interesting ending to the regular season.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoleLizards
Really uninspired effort tonight in a game you had to have. Felt good in the 10th with acuna and Swanson….. sigh

Why Stephens in the 10th?

2 runs in 10 innings against the Nats, deserve to lose

• Sad
Really uninspired effort tonight in a game you had to have. Felt good in the 10th with acuna and Swanson….. sigh

Why Stephens in the 10th?

2 runs in 10 innings against the Nats, deserve to lose
Meanwhile, the Mets come back from a four run deficit to scratch out a win in extras. Maybe they just want it more??

Well, boys...the big series is upon us. Both the Braves and Mets have their studs lined up for what is essentially postseason play. All three games are nationally televised in prime time, and we know that Truist will be rocking! Grab your popcorn 🍿 and preferred beverage 🍺and get ready!

GO BRAVES!!!!!

Edit... Just double-checked and unfortunately tonight's game will not be on MLBN. Oh well, can't have everything.

Last edited:
Reactions: DFSNOLE
Well, boys...the big series is upon us. Both the Braves and Mets have their studs lined up for what is essentially postseason play. All three games are nationally televised in prime time, and we know that Truist will be rocking! Grab your popcorn 🍿 and preferred beverage 🍺and get ready!

GO BRAVES!!!!!
a99c34e6-ede3-45cb-84ed-8ee4a59fa629_text.gif

Braves need to take at least two games, sweep the Marlins and hope the Mets stumble against Wash.

Braves need to take at least two games, sweep the Marlins and hope the Mets stumble against Wash.
As unlikely as it is to happen, I'm hoping for a sweep. If both teams finish with identical records without a sweep, Atlanta would lose the tiebreaker.

Will be interesting this evening... Kyle Wright leads the NL in getting run support with 6.31 runs/start. Meanwhile Max Scherzer boasts a stingy 2.24 ERA vs the Braves this season. Something's gotta give.

Will be interesting this evening... Kyle Wright leads the NL in getting run support with 6.31 runs/start. Meanwhile Max Scherzer boasts a stingy 2.24 ERA vs the Braves this season. Something's gotta give.
In Scherzer's last start against the Braves on 8/17, he gave up 4 ER in 6.1 innings but still got the win. You have to take advantage of that kind of scoring against one of the best in the game.

For tonight's game, I'd like to see a healthy balance of singles and doubles with the occasional long ball......and patience at the plate. Have to get his pitch count up early.

For tonight's game, I'd like to see a healthy balance of singles and doubles with the occasional long ball......and patience at the plate. Have to get his pitch count up early.
Sounds good on paper but the guy's a strike machine... early in the count, at least. If the ump's putting Braves hitters in an 0-2 hole repeatedly, the patience thing might have to go out the window after a couple of innings.

Scherzer is getting hit hard tonight. The Braves have been unlucky with some of those rockets landing just foul. Olson with a great piece of hitting to get his 98th RBI.
He's the best Olson since the Twins!!

• Love
Seriously, I really need my Braves to win tonight for the sake of my mental health. I'm not joking.

You would've gotten long odds on Atlanta beating deGrom and Scherzer on back to back nights. Like Snit said, the playoffs started on Friday.
Can't rest now. Bassitt isn't a picnic either.

Stupid autocorrect....

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT