ADVERTISEMENT

Braves - 2022

What a weekend, didn't think we had a chance to sweep with Degrom/Scherzer but here we are.

Good to see the top of the lineup coming through.

As tough as it is for the Braves to get back up for the Marlins, it has to be even tougher for the Mets. Imagine having 99 wins and getting booed by the home crowd.

What a weekend, didn't think we had a chance to sweep with Degrom/Scherzer but here we are.

Good to see the top of the lineup coming through.

As tough as it is for the Braves to get back up for the Marlins, it has to be even tougher for the Mets. Imagine having 99 wins and getting booed by the home crowd.
It's all good... LoanDepot is the Braves' home away from home.

One more!

images

• Love
Reactions: NoleLizards
Well, if the Braves are not able to overcome this early two-run deficit, the Mets' game tonight has just been postponed... So they'd live to fight another day.

EDIT... It's four runs now. 😐

Last edited:
Just checked out the forecast for Queens, and things aren't looking much better for tomorrow or Wednesday... If Atlanta doesn't TCOB, this could get interesting.

Relax Liz. A letdown after that series is not at all surprising.
I'm just saying that there's no telling when the Mets are going to play next, so it's solely up to Atlanta to finish this off in the meantime.

Last night was disappointing but at all surprising. Huge emotional weekend, midnight flight to Miami.

Odorizzi throwing today makes things interesting, hopefully it’s more of a bullpen game and he has a short leash.

Still have Fried in your back pocket if he’s needed Wednesday.

Last night was disappointing but at all surprising. Huge emotional weekend, midnight flight to Miami.

Odorizzi throwing today makes things interesting, hopefully it’s more of a bullpen game and he has a short leash.

Still have Fried in your back pocket if he’s needed Wednesday.
I'd rather have seen Kyle Muller today. Perhaps he's the first guy out of the pen.

I'd rather have seen Kyle Muller today. Perhaps he's the first guy out of the pen.
I don't think Mueller is on the active roster so they would've had to make a move. I think this will probably be Odorizzi's last appearance. I don't think they carry a 5th starter in the playoffs. Some interesting roster moves to be made with this team.

Starting Pitchers: Fried and Wright are no doubters. They probably keep Morton because he is a vet but has looked awful down the stretch. Strider's injury could make room for Odorizzi or Elder.

Bench Players: Snit has tradionally liked to have 3 catchers. Is Chadwick Tromp a better option than Ozuna. Third catcher allows for insurance where Contreras can DH.

Thanks. Any word on Grissom? He hasn't played in a week. Snit going with experience with Arcia for that run or something else?

Not sure about Grissom.

This afternoon's forecast for Queens has improved slightly. The Mets may be able to squeeze in the first game of their scheduled doubleheader... But this evening, things are supposed to go south continuing into tomorrow:

I don't think Mueller is on the active roster so they would've had to make a move. I think this will probably be Odorizzi's last appearance. I don't think they carry a 5th starter in the playoffs. Some interesting roster moves to be made with this team.

Starting Pitchers: Fried and Wright are no doubters. They probably keep Morton because he is a vet but has looked awful down the stretch. Strider's injury could make room for Odorizzi or Elder.

Bench Players: Snit has tradionally liked to have 3 catchers. Is Chadwick Tromp a better option than Ozuna. Third catcher allows for insurance where Contreras can DH.

Who am I to question the Braves personnel moves? ... But based on an albeit small sample size, Muller has looked more impressive to me than Odor Eaters (low bar). Guess we'll see if I'm wrong this evening... Wouldn't be the first time or the last, and I'd gladly enjoy my late crow and cold beer supper.

Yea I would take Mueller over Odorizzi as well. I wouldn't have either on the post season roster at this point.

Grissom is fine, had a cold spell coincide with Arcia playing in Washington.

Atlanta's still not named a starter for tonight. Wonder if Snit will give Max his turn to keep him in sync.

Reactions: SoddyNole
I think everyone gets a inning or two tonight, a glorified bullpen session. Fried (maybe), Stevens, Mcugh, etc

Seems Matzek hasn’t pitched in awhile

I think everyone gets a inning or two tonight, a glorified bullpen session. Fried (maybe), Stevens, Mcugh, etc

Seems Matzek hasn’t pitched in awhile
I hope that Fried starts and gets a few innings in. I don't have the numbers on hand to support this, but from memory it seems to me that Max tends to struggle with his command after resting for too long. I want him to have his A game next Tuesday.

From Mark Bradley, AJC:

Jake Odorizzi hadn't set the world alight since his deadline acquisition. Kenley Jansen drives us nuts. So what happened Tuesday night in Miami? Odorizzi exited after five innings, having yielded one run and two hits, having left the bullpen with a lead. The bridge guys – Collin McHugh in the sixth, Raisel Iglesias in the seventh, A.J. Minter in the eighth – got the game to Jansen.

On this night, the closer who can be imprecise on his best nights came within a foul ball of an immaculate inning – nine pitches, all cutters, two strikeouts and an 0-2 count before Jordan Groshans put bat on ball, though only just. Five pitches and two more foul-offs later, the great comeback was done. It required 101 wins and a sweep of the Mets to flip the tiebreaker. Just when we think we've seen it all, they give us this.

From Mark Bradley, AJC:

Jake Odorizzi hadn't set the world alight since his deadline acquisition. Kenley Jansen drives us nuts. So what happened Tuesday night in Miami? Odorizzi exited after five innings, having yielded one run and two hits, having left the bullpen with a lead. The bridge guys – Collin McHugh in the sixth, Raisel Iglesias in the seventh, A.J. Minter in the eighth – got the game to Jansen.

On this night, the closer who can be imprecise on his best nights came within a foul ball of an immaculate inning – nine pitches, all cutters, two strikeouts and an 0-2 count before Jordan Groshans put bat on ball, though only just. Five pitches and two more foul-offs later, the great comeback was done. It required 101 wins and a sweep of the Mets to flip the tiebreaker. Just when we think we've seen it all, they give us this.
How impressive was it for Groshans to have the plate discipline to see the two previous batters go down on 6 straight strikes followed with getting behind 0-2 in the count and remain patient? Most batters would swing at the following pitch no matter where it was but Groshans takes a pitch that is just a inch or two out of the zone. Then he takes again on a great slider that would again have lured most hitters to swing. For a 22 year old batter to hang in there and foul off several pitches until he was able to hit one into RF was very impressive at that point in the game.

ADVERTISEMENT