ADVERTISEMENT

Braves - 2022

Was a fun season, boys. Repeating ain't easy.
4 hits, 15 strikeouts and gave up 8 runs. … the sweep of the Mets was the highlight of the season… surprising and disappointing end to the season.

It will be interesting to see how many favored teams who had a bye lose their series. Houston is the only team up 2-0.

Reactions: seminoleed
Some random thoughts, sucks the way it ended. Came out flat against a team that is red hot. Looked bad all round except for bullpen and 3 guys in the lineup.

My gut feeling is Dansby leaves.

Figure Dansby, Jansen, Ozuna, Duvall, Odorizzi, Grossman, Adrianza and Arica are all not back next year. They will go a sign a journeyman infielder to replace Arica. Eat Ozuna’s contract and let him walk. Heredia is a FA and I believe he signs a one year deal. Grissom starts out in Gwinnett and comes up at the break. Luke Jackson is also a FA but unsure. Manny Pina is also under contract one more year.

Need to either keep Dansby or sign another high level short stop (Correa). would be nice to get a bonafide left fielder. Get a couple bullpen arms and a mid level starter and get ready to run it back.

Matzek is out and Luke Jackson is a question mark coming off injury. Soroka will figure into the rotation but who knows. Will need one of the young arms to come through. Elder was promising down the stretch against bad teams.

Last edited:
I am also a fan of the Astros ... and I like Bryce Harper. The Astros have been very good all year ... the Phillies are hot right now. This ought to be a good series.

Most projections have him resigning with the Braves. I hope they're accurate in that too.
They better be... But AA will need to do more than that to keep up with the Joneses in the division.

ADVERTISEMENT