ADVERTISEMENT

Braves - 2022

If Swanson resigns, the Braves will have their entire infield as well as Harris and Acuna locked into long term contracts. Most of the staff will be there too. I'm not sure what more you expect.
I'd like to see an additional bat in the outfield. My dream choice (Aaron Judge) ain't happening, but it's fun to think about such a lineup.

Reactions: seminoleed
Swell; we're already lowballing Swanson, and now our closer has gone to the BoSox.

I try to be optimistic, but.......
Now I see why AA brought in a second closer last season.

Now he needs to bolster the pen, as well.

Now I see why AA brought in a second closer last season.

Now he needs to bolster the pen, as well.

I think AA saw the handwriting on the wall. 1. Jansen was noticeably fading towards the end of the year and not nearly as effective. 2. His windup is borderline balking, and next year that is going to be a focus for umpires. 3. The windup extends his already slow delivery to the point where he'll probably miss the time clock next year as well.

Reactions: NoleLizards
I think AA saw the handwriting on the wall. 1. Jansen was noticeably fading towards the end of the year and not nearly as effective. 2. His windup is borderline balking, and next year that is going to be a focus for umpires. 3. The windup extends his already slow delivery to the point where he'll probably miss the time clock next year as well.
I've heard something along the lines of repeating the same hip shake every time but it sure as hell always looks like a balk to me.

God, I hope we're able to keep him.
I read that if Dansby does go elsewhere (God forbid), Atlanta may pursue Xander Boegarts as a replacement. Xander does have a good bat, but his defensive abilities pale in comparison to our slick-fielding Sheriff's.

According to Forbes the Braves were among the top in operating income and 4th in attendance at 3.1 million so there should be money to compete with other ball clubs. There is no doubt that other markets greatly exceed Atlanta in TV revenues but club valuations don't give you a clear picture of what an organization may be willing to offer.

I've read the Braves are very tight lipped during negations so we are never very informed of what they are actually offering at this point. They can pay Dansby or end up paying a lot for another very good SS or get a lessor one. I think, maybe this is just me hoping, AA works this one and they keep Dansby. AA has made some good trades in the past and we will have to trust him on this one.

According to Forbes the Braves were among the top in operating income and 4th in attendance at 3.1 million so there should be money to compete with other ball clubs. There is no doubt that other markets greatly exceed Atlanta in TV revenues but club valuations don't give you a clear picture of what an organization may be willing to offer.

I've read the Braves are very tight lipped during negations so we are never very informed of what they are actually offering at this point. They can pay Dansby or end up paying a lot for another very good SS or get a lessor one. I think, maybe this is just me hoping, AA works this one and they keep Dansby. AA has made some good trades in the past and we will have to trust him on this one.
At the end of the day, it's the decision of Liberty Media and not AA. They have spent to lock up many of the young stars but the 8/$168mil given to Olson is the biggest to this point. I don't know if the Braves are open to matching annual value for Swanson.

And there goes Dansby. I hate it, but it's a business, and if the Braves don't think he's worth $177 mil, so be it.

I hope Swanson enjoys watching the playoffs on TV every year.
So what's the plan now? Grissom at short??

25 mil a year for 7 years is a lot. Atlanta must have offered a lot less for him to leave Atlanta and head to Chicago.

25 mil a year for 7 years is a lot. Atlanta must have offered a lot less for him to leave Atlanta and head to Chicago.
Last I read was the Braves were offering in the 16-17 mil range 6-7 years. The market for shortstops was nuts this year. If AA has proved anything, it's that he won't get pulled into a bidding war that makes no sense financially.

Last I read was the Braves were offering in the 16-17 mil range 6-7 years. The market for shortstops was nuts this year. If AA has proved anything, it's that he won't get pulled into a bidding war that makes no sense financially.

I knew he'd just gotten married to Mallory Pugh of the women's soccer league, but didn't realize she played for the team in....you guessed it. Chicago!.

This might have had a lot to do with it.

I knew he'd just gotten married to Mallory Pugh of the women's soccer league, but didn't realize she played for the team in....you guessed it. Chicago!.

This might have had a lot to do with it.
I didn't realize her MLS team was in Chicago.

Nor did I until this morning. That HAS to have been a factor, amirite?
I'm sure it does even though women's sports are on very short contracts compared to men's. Mallory just signed a 2 year contract.

ADVERTISEMENT