ADVERTISEMENT

Cable TV

goldmom

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Jacksonville
Dilemma...
I switched to UVerse three years ago because I was so frustrated by my Directv Satellite that went out when a mere cloud passed over and got a half decent rate and zero storm issues.
Got my bill and it went up almost $78 in one month. Now just under $250 for cable and internet. $3K a year?! 💩💩💩
I called and no more promo rates, so I’m canceling effective on the 28th of this month.
ATT Guy recommended Directv but the streaming not the satellite for a whole lot less.
But I’m also looking at Dish with everything for $99 guaranteed for three years plus a $100 gift card. Dish says they don’t have storm outages like Direct. Not sure I believe that but the rates are as low as $75 a month. FSU football on all plans and both providers.
Don’t want the pain in the rear end fire stickHuluNetflixSlingYouTubeDisney+ crap which is also not cheap.
Anyone have a similar experience?

Reactions: 12Nole
I've had both DTV and DISH. DISH doesn't have the issue of rain fade to the degree of DTV. It will go out occasionally but it usually takes a downpour.

Dilemma...
I switched to UVerse three years ago because I was so frustrated by my Directv Satellite that went out when a mere cloud passed over and got a half decent rate and zero storm issues.
Got my bill and it went up almost $78 in one month. Now just under $250 for cable and internet. $3K a year?! 💩💩💩
I called and no more promo rates, so I’m canceling effective on the 28th of this month.
ATT Guy recommended Directv but the streaming not the satellite for a whole lot less.
But I’m also looking at Dish with everything for $99 guaranteed for three years plus a $100 gift card. Dish says they don’t have storm outages like Direct. Not sure I believe that but the rates are as low as $75 a month. FSU football on all plans and both providers.
Don’t want the pain in the rear end fire stickHuluNetflixSlingYouTubeDisney+ crap which is also not cheap.
How old is your TV? Most TVs now have those apps to stream built in to them or at least downloadable. So you shouldn't need a stick or Fire TV or anything else. Although those are pretty simple to use too.

The only reason I have stayed with cable and/or uverse is when bundling internet with at least 1Gbps and TV, it ends up being about the same as just internet and a streaming service. When the promo runs out I either get extended or switch to Comcast or AT&T depending on which service I have. They both almost always have promos for someone switching. They do seem to be getting a little more expensive to where I will transition to just internet and probably YouTube TV streaming.

BTW, if depending who you have for cell phone service you may have free streaming available to you.

My Dish will go out when one of our Texas thunderstorms goes over, but they move pretty fast.
How are you getting your internet. Dish doesn't have that, unless they added something.

Reactions: goldmom
My Dish will go out when one of our Texas thunderstorms goes over, but they move pretty fast.
How are you getting your internet. Dish doesn't have that, unless they added something.
I also have internet on ATT.

How old is your TV? Most TVs now have those apps to stream built in to them or at least downloadable. So you shouldn't need a stick or Fire TV or anything else. Although those are pretty simple to use too.

The only reason I have stayed with cable and/or uverse is when bundling internet with at least 1Gbps and TV, it ends up being about the same as just internet and a streaming service. When the promo runs out I either get extended or switch to Comcast or AT&T depending on which service I have. They both almost always have promos for someone switching. They do seem to be getting a little more expensive to where I will transition to just internet and probably YouTube TV streaming.

BTW, if depending who you have for cell phone service you may have free streaming available to you.

It’s as old as you!

• Haha
Reactions: DFSNOLE
Dilemma...
COMCAST HAS THE ACC NETWORK. ADD IN NETFLIX $10 mo

Reactions: BrianNole777
Since you have smart TV's just do streaming like YouTube or Fubo. I've had both and kept the Fubo just because I like the guide better. With Fubo I can also suspend service then turn on right before football season as I really dont use it outside of that time frame. If you have ATT you can get HBO Max with their unlimited plan and use that and Apple TV for streaming.

And depending on what CC card you use you can get statement credits for streaming services too.

ADVERTISEMENT