ADVERTISEMENT

Cell phone question

goldmom

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Jacksonville
Today I've received no fewer than six calls...from my phone number.
I have not answered any of them because I'm afraid this is attempted hacking or worse.
I'm also afraid to block the " number" because I don't know if that will affect my ability to receive or make calls.
Anyone else ever have this issue?

Reactions: MagNoleA
Sounds like a caller ID spoofing scam. It hasn't happened to me, but a patient of mine and his wife fell victim to this. The scammers got a couple thousand out of them before they caught on.

Def don't answer; it just confirms your number is actively being used. I believe you can report the scam to the FTC. In addition, probably a good idea to make your friends/family aware of any suspicious calls from your number if they answer a call from your number.

A few years back my wife was hollerin', what we do in Soddy land, from the other end of the house, "what do you want!". After a quick back and forth of what are you talking about she says, YOU KEEP CALLING ME. I most likely missed the first couple of times she asked by innocently not hearing due to the aging process or she was exercising metal telepathy once again and my powers of reading her mind were greatly diminished by my adult beverage in hand. I'm completely puzzled and freaked out at this time because I wasn't even holding my phone. About 20 minutes later I get a call from my number as well. At the time I had not heard of ID spoofing and all I can think was had I gotten some key logger virus on my computer or maybe my phone had been hacked or infected with a virus or worst of all, was my browser history now exposed for the world to see!

Scary times indeed.

I have not answered any of them because I'm afraid this is attempted hacking or worse.
I'm also afraid to block the " number" because I don't know if that will affect my ability to receive or make calls.
I had a stalker once.....she followed me all over my favorite sites.

Your number wasn't posted in the Poor Paul's stalls was it? For a good time.....oh, never mind....

I had the same thing, I blocked my own number and haven’t had one since. I also subscribe to the Verizon robo call thing, it’s pretty nice so far!

So your number was posted at Ken's..... Interesting. Notthat there is anything wrong with that.
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT