ADVERTISEMENT

Chip Kelly is reportedly uf's new HC.

Why would Chip go to UF when there’s UCLA available in his old stomping grounds?

Not sure if UF owns the plane, but I checked the flight log. It indeed left Ocala this afternoon for NH and is now on its way back to Ocala.

Looked at the flight log for the month, and this plane hasn’t been in Gainesville once. So again, it might not be UFs plane.

Plane is owned by Gasair LLC...an aviation legal group out of St Augustine.

The gate's boards are sure he's heading to the west coast.

It would make more sense even though the son of the Gator’s UAA President made the claim Chip signed the Gator contract.

I would be not so secretly happy if Frost went to Nebraska, Mullen went to Tennessee, Chip went to UCLA and Florida had to go with option #8.

It would make more sense even though the son of the Gator’s UAA President made the claim Chip signed the Gator contract.

I would be not so secretly happy if Frost went to Nebraska, Mullen went to Tennessee, Chip went to UCLA and Florida had to go with option #8.
lol what would that be, rehire the zooker?

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Don't worry, Coach Kelly's defensive scheme will lock him down.
Hopefully The leakers have the wrong C. Kelly!!
th

Would be interesting an interesting hire as reportedly Kelly didn't even visit the ufelon's campus.

Uh oh...

Robbie Andreu, beat writer for the Gainesville Sun, tweeted that deal is not signed. Confirmed that UAA people flew to new Hampshire & met with him, but returned without Kelly or a signed contract. he told them he wants to talk to UCLA before making a decision. Seems like some people have gotten the cart before the horse.
  1. Robbie Andreu‏@RobbieAndreu14m14 minutes ago
    According to a source, Kelly and UF have not reached any kind of agreement. The source said Kelly wants to talk to UCLA, which fired Jim Mora on Sunday.

2. Robbie Andreu‏@RobbieAndreu15m15 minutes ago
    The Sun has confirmed that six UAA members flew to New Hampshire on Sunday to meet with Chip Kelly. The UAA members are returning to Florida without Kelly tonight.

I know many are worried about a possible Chip hire, I am not one of them. IMO while I doubt we make all the needed changes in the off season we will have to get a new D coordinator, just don't see how CK is still here next year. Teams in the PAC12 when Oregon was dominant shut their O down and teams did it in bowl games as well. If uf does hire Chip I think it hurts UL more than us. Petrino is famous for coming into Florida and getting solid 3 stars and putting them into his system; this is the same plan Chip used out west. I guess we will see.

I had no idea he only had Mariota his last season his redshirt freshman year. He made a BCS or BCS title game in all 4 seasons out there. Made Nick Folk look like a pro bowl QB in Philly. And we celebrate a 4 loss a year coach. Awesome.

I had no idea he only had Mariota his last season his redshirt freshman year. He made a BCS or BCS title game in all 4 seasons out there. Made Nick Folk look like a pro bowl QB in Philly. And we celebrate a 4 loss a year coach. Awesome.
Up until this season we had made a BCS type bowl every year since 2012. Let's keep some perspective, Chip Kelly flamed out fabulously in the NFL, citing one season with Nick Foles doesn't paint an accurate picture.

How many national titles does Kelly have?
Zero.

How many undefeated seasons does Kelly have?
Zero.

What is Kelly’s win-loss record in bowl games?
2-2.

In only four years, how many probations did Oregon get put on for cheating during recruiting?
One.

How many years of scholarship reductions did Oregon have as a result of Kelly’s leadership?
Three.

How many Gator fans who make up conspiracies about Jimbo breathlessly await word their new coach will be a proven cheater?
All of them.

What are the odds that the cheater turns them down anyways?
No better than 50-50 imo.

How many national titles does Kelly have?
Zero.

How many undefeated seasons does Kelly have?
Zero.

What is Kelly’s win-loss record in bowl games?
2-2.

In only four years, how many probations did Oregon get put on for cheating during recruiting?
One.

How many years of scholarship reductions did Oregon have as a result of Kelly’s leadership?
Three.

How many Gator fans who make up conspiracies about Jimbo breathlessly await word their new coach will be a proven cheater?
All of them.

What are the odds that the cheater turns them down anyways?
No better than 50-50 imo.

So you reference 'only 4 years of coaching' and not winning a championship or going undefeated at a program like Oregon who would do very well to recruit top 15 nationally. I assume you are more disappointed in the great Jimbo Fisher than most, particularly when Jameis Winston isn't coming back to throw another pass.

Don't know what conspiracy theory Gator fans make up on Jimbo, don't really care. I assume they all want him to stay here as long as possible plus his agent and himself do a good enough job where they don't need to make 'conspiracies' in the first place.

As far as his cheating and whatnot, they weren't even banned from bowl games but that's whatever. I'm sure he won't use scouting services anymore....

So you reference 'only 4 years of coaching' and not winning a championship or going undefeated at a program like Oregon who would do very well to recruit top 15 nationally. I assume you are more disappointed in the great Jimbo Fisher than most, particularly when Jameis Winston isn't coming back to throw another pass.

Don't know what conspiracy theory Gator fans make up on Jimbo, don't really care. I assume they all want him to stay here as long as possible plus his agent and himself do a good enough job where they don't need to make 'conspiracies' in the first place.

As far as his cheating and whatnot, they weren't even banned from bowl games but that's whatever. I'm sure he won't use scouting services anymore....

Frankly Jimbo is great. Quick name all of the coaches in the last 15 years to win a National Championship? Jimbo Fisher, Nick Saban, Corch Irvan Mayer, Gus Malzahn, Pete Carroll, Dabo Swiney, and Mack Brown. That’s it. All pretty great coaches. Only Gus had some “what’s he done other than that” comments but look at what he’s doing now, utterly destroying number one Jawja and has Nick actually nervous.

Reactions: surfnole
Frankly Jimbo is great. Quick name all of the coaches in the last 15 years to win a National Championship? Jimbo Fisher, Nick Saban, Corch Irvan Mayer, Gus Malzahn, Pete Carroll, Dabo Swiney, and Mack Brown. That’s it. All pretty great coaches. Only Gus had some “what’s he done other than that” comments but look at what he’s doing now, utterly destroying number one Jawja and has Nick actually nervous.
Wasn't Gene Chizik the coach of the Auburn title team?

Reactions: NoleLizards
If you go back and make it 20 years you add in Bobby Bowden, Jim Tressel, Phil Fulmer, Bob Stoops and Larry Coker. Other than Larry, all would be considered great coaches as well and frankly wrangling in the peak U personalities probably warrants inclusion as well.

Last edited:
Wasn't Gene Chizik the coach of the Auburn title team?

Oh yeah. I guess my knowledge of Auburn history is faulty. So that’s the one and only one “not so great” coach to win a Natty in 20 years.

If you go back and make it 20 years you add in Bobby Bowden, Jim Tressel, Phil Fulmer, Bob Stoops and Dennis Erickson. Other than Dennis, all would be considered great coaches as well and frankly wrangling in the peak U personalities probably warrants inclusion as well.

And the great Mac Brown. Thanks to Jameis 1.0, Vince Young. How on earth is Mac not on everyone's coaching job list!? He has a title!!
I'm glad that is the logic applied to make a coach elite, especially due to the limited programs in the country that can legitimately expect to contend for a title due to prestige, recruiting, facilities etc.

I hear Tom Brady's backups are better than Marino. They have rings.

And the great Mac Brown. Thanks to Jameis 1.0, Vince Young. How on earth is Mac not on everyone's coaching job list!? He has a title!!
I'm glad that is the logic applied to make a coach elite, especially due to the limited programs in the country that can legitimately expect to contend for a title due to prestige, recruiting, facilities etc.

I hear Tom Brady's backups are better than Marino. They have rings.

Mack is 66 and out of coaching a few yrs. And like Bobby, probably stayed a couple yrs, too long. Where are you planning on moving the goalposts if titles are not used to judge.... oh sure facilities ? Non-stop hatred of JF is making you take silly positions. Just stop.

Mack is 66 and out of coaching a few yrs. And like Bobby, probably stayed a couple yrs, too long. Where are you planning on moving the goalposts if titles are not used to judge.... oh sure facilities ? Non-stop hatred of JF is making you take silly positions. Just stop.

Absolutely spot on post. How Frost isn't getting fired for not winning a title instead of being wanted is beyond me. We need more rivals 250 players here to compete.

Exactly. And for the most part, all of the coaches in the past 20 years built the team themselves from the ground up whether Jimbo, Dabo, Nick etc... So there’s no disputing greatness imo if you recruited most of the team. Larry Coker of course inherited one of the greatest collections of talent (in terms of players that then went on to the NFL) ever from Butch Davis. Gene Chizik road Cam Newton out of nowhere to a Natty and then did nothing without him. But those are the only real examples, the rest were built by great coaches (some like USC illegally of course).

To say Jimbo just somehow “lucked” into Jameis and that’s why we won a Natty ignores 1) the Defense laden with NFL talent recruited by Jimbo and his coaches, 2) inherited a team that had two 7-6 seasons in 3 years under Bobby and in his third year was 12-2 (with one loss being a fluky one point game) and in a BCS game.

Reactions: surfnole
Absolutely spot on post. How Frost isn't getting fired for not winning a title instead of being wanted is beyond me. We need more rivals 250 players here to compete.

Did you switch to Scott Frost because you’re upset Florida may not get Cheater Kelly? You know who else was “wanted”, Muschamp and Jimmy Mac.

Exactly. And for the most part, all of the coaches in the past 20 years built the team themselves from the ground up whether Jimbo, Dabo, Nick etc... So there’s no disputing greatness imo if you recruited most of the team. Larry Coker of course inherited one of the greatest collections of talent (in terms of players that then went on to the NFL) ever from Butch Davis. Gene Chizik road Cam Newton out of nowhere to a Natty and then did nothing without him. But those are the only real examples, the rest were built by great coaches (some like USC illegally of course).

To say Jimbo just somehow “lucked” into Jameis and that’s why we won a Natty ignores 1) the Defense laden with NFL talent recruited by Jimbo and his coaches, 2) inherited a team that had two 7-6 seasons in 3 years under Bobby and in his third year was 12-2 (with one loss being a fluky one point game) and in a BCS game.

Winston came here because of Craig was his primary recruiter. And the DC of that team just made Jimbo look like a fool week 1 of this year. But anyways, this discussion is going around in circles and exactly why this program will be a playoff afterthought.

Winston came here because of Craig was his primary recruiter. And the DC of that team just made Jimbo look like a fool week 1 of this year. But anyways, this discussion is going around in circles and exactly why this program will be a playoff afterthought.

So did Charles Kelly make Nick Saban look like a fool through 3.8 quarters? Cuz I’m pretty sure we had more yards than Bama until the end (checks stat sheet, yep I’m right). In fact I’ll say that 3 turnovers we didn’t make up and special teams errors is the only reason we lost.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
So did Charles Kelly make Nick Saban look like a fool through 3.8 quarters? Cuz I’m pretty sure we had more yards than Bama until the end (checks stat sheet, yep I’m right). In fact I’ll say that 3 turnovers we didn’t make up and special teams errors is the only reason we lost.

Definitely. So did the scoreboard at 3.8 quarters.

Charles Kelly > Saban,

4 loss a year coach? Even using averages, Jimbo is not a 4 loss a year HC. We celebrate a coach that has won two Orange Bowls and a BCS National Championship. It is obvious that Jimbo needs to make changes, but he is better than what you paint him as.

Tribe, are you saying Charles K is a good coach and deserves to stay based on the 3.8 quarters against Alabama?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT