ADVERTISEMENT

Clothier named to preseason All-ACC team

Bob Ferrante

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Staff
May 10, 2022
Via FSU sports information:

Senior middle blocker Emma Clothier was named to the Preseason All-ACC Team Tuesday afternoon. The Noles were also picked to finish fifth in the conference behind Louisville, Pitt, Georgia Tech and Miami.

“I’m really grateful to have been selected to the Preseason All-ACC Team. I’m very thankful for my teammates and coaches who push me to be better every day. I’m really excited to see what the season holds,” Clothier said.

A two-time All-American, Clothier is looking to add to an already illustrious career for the Seminoles. In 2021, Clothier led the team in kills and in aces and was second on the team in blocks. This is the second consecutive year that Clothier has been named to the Preseason All-ACC Team. She also has been named First Team All-ACC twice in her career.

The Noles are coming off a 20-10 season where they finished 11-7 in the ACC to finish fifth. The Noles return 76 percent of its kill total and 80 percent of its block total from the 2021 squad that won the program’s first NCAA Tournament game since 2016. The Noles also added four transfers that will make an immediate impact. Senior setter Andjelija Draskovic comes in from UMBC after leading the American East in assists per set last season. Emily Ryan comes to Tallahassee from UCLA where she was an All-PAC-12 Performer in 2021. The Noles also bring in the USA Today Girls Volleyball Player of the Year in Audrey Rothman who is expected to make an immediate impact for Coach Poole’s squad.

The Noles will begin the regular season this weekend at the Tribute to #10 tournament in Cincinnati. The Noles will play Illinois State at 4 p.m. on Friday, Dayton at noon on Saturday and Cincinnati at 1 p.m. on Sunday. Sunday’s match against the Bearcats will be streamed on ESPN+.

2022 ACC Volleyball Preseason Coaches Poll

1. Louisville, 191 points (10 first place votes)
  2. Pitt, 185 points (5 first place votes)
  3. Georgia Tech, 173 points
  4. Miami, 150 points
  5. Florida State, 145 points
  6. North Carolina, 134 points
  7. NC State, 116 points
  8. Duke, 105 points
  9. Notre Dame, 87 points
  10. Clemson, 72 points
  11. Wake Forest, 63 points
  12. Virginia Tech, 48 points
  13. Boston College, 39 points
  14. Virginia, 36 points