ADVERTISEMENT

Court psychologist says Bill Cosby is a "predator with uncontrollable urges."

I stumbled across this completely at random - but Bill is being sentenced today (with further hearings tomorrow, maybe). Info is very scattered at this point, so I will quote some directly:

Despite heartfelt pleas in victims impact statements and sharp words from lawyers on both sides, Bill Cosby will see the inside of a prison cell for the 2004 rape of Andrea Constand for less than three years, the judge in the Cosby criminal case told a Pennsylvania courtroom Monday.

“All I am asking for is justice as the court sees it,” a confident Constand said Monday in a short stint on the stand, looking directly at Judge Steven O’Neill. Referring the court and the nearby Cosby to her detailed testimony in both the original 2017 mistrial and the retrial this spring, the former Temple University employee was followed on the stand by her mother, also a witness in the two trials.

https://deadline.com/2018/09/bill-cosby-sentence-three-years-likely-judge-says-1202470189/

Bill Cosby's maximum possible sentence now 10 years after charges merged
https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/24/us/bill-cosby-sentencing-trial/index.html

Updates -
https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/bill-cosby-sentencing/index.html

It looks like the prosecution is asking for 5-10 years, experts are predicting 3 years.

Anybody here have a clue as to what sort of prison (in between "country club" and "maximum") he will end up in?

However, Cosby's defense attorney, Joseph P. Green, asked for a sentence of house arrest, citing Cosby's advanced age and blindness.

"Mr. Cosby is not dangerous," he said. "Eighty-one-year-old blind men who are not self-sufficient are not a danger, unless perhaps to themselves."

I did not know Cosby is blind...

Vandals did this -
180904122738-billy-cosby-star-vandalized-0904-screengrab-super-169.jpg

Reactions: Lurker1999
Which is insane. Wilt Chamberlain was putting up numbers like that without being all rapey. Was Bill Cosby much more famous and able to do better than Wilt?

He once performed at FSU in the stadium back in the 70's. I have no sympathy for him. I just hope he can find some boyfriends in prison.

<shrug> on the writing on his star, it <the star> should be removed.
Hope he dies in prison.
I would like them to give him a huge sentence to make a point, but justice system favors the rich so I doubt it.
The civil penalties should also mirror his wealth and at least give it to organizations that help victims.

Amusing to think this all really started because of a couple rape jokes by Hannibal Buress.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
Which is insane. Wilt Chamberlain was putting up numbers like that without being all rapey. Was Bill Cosby much more famous and able to do better than Wilt?

Rape isn't about sex, it's about control.

Wilt wanted sex and found women mutually willing to have sex with him. Both parties were willing participants.

Cosby wanted to physically/sexually control women. He drugged them so he could have absolute control. The women were not willing participants, they were rape victims.

Cosby wasn't a player, he is a rapist.

Last edited:
My brother wrote a story on a former NBA player from the ‘80’s that had a major coke problem who said the most coke he ever saw was at a Bill Cosby party. This was in 1985 when Cosby was the king of tv. Plates of coke and bowls of pills on every table in he house.

Reactions: funksouljon
Going to prison blind is gonna suck - he should just kill himself.

Rape isn't about sex, it's about control.

Wilt wanted sex and found women mutually willing to have sex with him. Both parties were willing participants.

Cosby wanted to physically/sexually control women. He drugged them so he could have absolute control. The women were not willing participants, they were rape victims.

Cosby wasn't a player, he is a rapist.

Reactions: Noles61
My brother wrote a story on a former NBA player from the ‘80’s that had a major coke problem who said the most coke he ever saw was at a Bill Cosby party. This was in 1985 when Cosby was the king of tv. Plates of coke and bowls of pills on every table in he house.

If you are going to do it big............

I do not profess to understand how sentencing works and it may turn out to be a life sentence anyway, but 3-10 seems light to me. Why not make sure it is a life sentence and make it 10 years? That was a lot of women that suffered b/c of him.

And it really hit the fan, after accusers started coming forward, when the media unearthed clips of Cosby "making jokes" about slipping things into women's drinks, like this one -

Ok that Andrea Constrand chick(?) that Cliff raped looks like a male tennis player but I can't put my finger on who.

ADVERTISEMENT