ADVERTISEMENT

Dang...this dude just got burned

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know...I’m sure this guy is a real piece of work, but they are all obviously cut from the same cloth. Doing that to your own sibling is low.

Man! You'd think that you could at least count on your family to keep quiet if they didn't want to support you. He must have done something to really piss them all off at some point.

One article I read said the one sibling hadn't talked to him since 2010, beyond a 'hello' at a relative's wedding.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
One of life's greatest injustices: You can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family

Why? The guy's a birther, said racist stuff...the siblings didn't like that.

Then like he said in the article, don’t break bread with him.

I think what they did was incredibly low. I disagree with my siblings on a lot of topics. I wouldn’t go to the extreme they did to try and get the last word.

That whole family just embarrassed themselves imo.

Reactions: West Duval Nole
I'm glad that both my family & my wife's all get along pretty well; through the years I've seen some who don't. Worst was a friend who had a very bad relationship with his dad; understandable, because his dad was a miserable old SOB. The dad was pretty successful financially, but nobody who'd ever worked with him liked him.
A few days after the father died I went out to lunch with the son; while we were in the restaurant someone came over to our table & solemnly said "Hi Edward, I'm sorry to hear about your dad's passing."
Edward looked up & responded "Oh? You must not have ever met him." :eek:
Families don't always get along, sometimes for good reason.

That seems to be the nice version, I read a piece where one of his siblings said something to the effect of "Yeah, my brother is a total racist".

While I understand the sentiment of love your family, if this guy is a total heel, the black sheep and an overall jack hole, it seems the family is united and trying to protect the rest of the state from him.

If he doesn't have a good relationship with ANY of his numerous siblings, it seems like he is the problem.

Based on things I've observed through the years, I'd guess he screwed his siblings over, inheritance-wise, when their parents died. That's frequently a huge driver when all of the other siblings end up hating one.

Reactions: DanC78
Based on things I've observed through the years, I'd guess he screwed his siblings over, inheritance-wise, when their parents died. That's frequently a huge driver when all of the other siblings end up hating one.

I thought the mom was still alive.

The parents appear to still be around, and on his side: "David Gosar said their parents, who are in their 80s, are Republicans and support his brother." It's 6 of the 10 siblings that turned out to be commie pinkos.

I disagree like this with most of my family - especially all my cousins, who feel that I'm a yankee since I moved North of the Red River. We don't agree on much of anything politically (or, just socially), but I still don't think any of us would ever go off and publicly bash each other like that.

That seems to be the nice version, I read a piece where one of his siblings said something to the effect of "Yeah, my brother is a total racist".

While I understand the sentiment of love your family, if this guy is a total heel, the black sheep and an overall jack hole, it seems the family is united and trying to protect the rest of the state from him.

If he doesn't have a good relationship with ANY of his numerous siblings, it seems like he is the problem.

I disagree....if everyone looked at it the way you describe, then be prepared for a slew of political ads to come out with the opinions of the siblings, parents, cousins, etc from both sides of the political aisle.

Also, I don't see how what they did protected the family name and/or legacy anyways. Who cares if your sibling votes different from you or leans in a different direction politically. And even then, the siblings don't live in Arizona, so they made a message to go out to voters that aren't even their neighbors, associates, or in the same community. MAYBE if they all lived in the same state, then maybe it would make a little bit of sense, but I can't get on board with them doing this as being okay. Total pompous low blow imo.

Weird assumption

I disagree....if everyone looked at it the way you describe, then be prepared for a slew of political ads to come out with the opinions of the siblings, parents, cousins, etc from both sides of the political aisle.

Also, I don't see how what they did protected the family name and/or legacy anyways. Who cares if your sibling votes different from you or leans in a different direction politically. And even then, the siblings don't live in Arizona, so they made a message to go out to voters that aren't even their neighbors, associates, or in the same community. MAYBE if they all lived in the same state, then maybe it would make a little bit of sense, but I can't get on board with them doing this as being okay. Total pompous low blow imo.

There is a piece on barstoolsports right now about this. Seems the stooolies are heavily in agreement with you. I will take that as support that I am on the correct side of this topic.
See also https://floridastate.forums.rivals.com/threads/sam-ponder-barstool.230384/

Agree to disagree. <shrug>

Reactions: ReliableOstrich
There is a piece on barstoolsports right now about this. Seems the stooolies are heavily in agreement with you. I will take that as support that I am on the correct side of this topic.
See also https://floridastate.forums.rivals.com/threads/sam-ponder-barstool.230384/

Agree to disagree. <shrug>

WAIT.....you mean we are all finding interest and engaging with one another from a topic that was originally presented by Barstool?????

And why were you on Barstool's website anyways lol...did you take the click bait they put out there, and then go so far as to read the post from the "stoolies"

Last edited:

Are you not familiar with Gosar platform and really outlandish stuff he says or is it an intentional downplay of it. I think the family would be chill if he was in favor of lower taxes and smaller government. It’s probably the “charolettsville was a Soros sponsored fall flag event,” “native Americans were wards of the federal government,” “we should arrest immigration lawyers who represent undocumented immigrants and speaking at a arnglish white supremacy group about the evil and depraved muslims that probably caused the family to try to get the gentlemen from Arizona to stop trading on their family name.

WAIT.....you mean we are all finding interest and engaging with one another from a topic that was originally presented by Barstool?????

And why were you on Barstool's website anyways lol...did you take the click bait they put out there, and then so far as to read the post from the "stoolies"

Ha, no. I go there sometimes for the gritty, bar chatter. Some of the crudeness is amusing in doses. Just because I am not offended by most of it doesn't mean that 1) they aren't over the top 2) I'd want my wife/kids/mom to hear it 3) I have to agree and support.

Are you not familiar with Gosar platform and really outlandish stuff he says or is it an intentional downplay of it. I think the family would be chill if he was in favor of lower taxes and smaller government. It’s probably the “charolettsville was a Soros sponsored fall flag event,” “native Americans were wards of the federal government,” “we should arrest immigration lawyers who represent undocumented immigrants and speaking at a arnglish white supremacy group about the evil and depraved muslims that probably caused the family to try to get the gentlemen from Arizona to stop trading on their family name.

That is a political topic that I am not going to comment on.

This topic is more about should the extended family make ads saying they do not have anything to do with the opinions of their brother.

Ha, no. I go there sometimes for the gritty, bar chatter. Some of the crudeness is amusing in doses. Just because I am not offended by most of it doesn't mean that 1) they aren't over the top 2) I'd want my wife/kids/mom to hear it 3) I have to agree and support.
agreed....but it is amusing to read in small doses.

That is a political topic that I am not going to comment on.

This topic is more about should the extended family make ads saying they do not have anything to do with the opinions of their brother.

But it’s the degree of racism that has motivated the family. You can’t ignore that.

But it’s the degree of racism that has motivated the family. You can’t ignore that.
yes I can...people are smart enough to know that your opinion can be different than your siblings, whether is being a racist or a murderer.

Is it simply because they are family that people are all "oooh and ahhh" over this? Because, so what? It's a political ad. What do they owe the guy if they don't like him? If you come at me with, well, if they disagree with him then keep their mouth shut. By that logic no negative campaign ad should ever be released. Does it suck for the guy and his family? I'm sure it does.

It's politics and stuff happens. On to the next clown show that runs for office.

Reactions: DanC78
I have a family member who is a mean drunk. He's isolated himself from the rest of the family, which is fine by everyone. He puts on a good show for outsiders who don't know him or get to see the dark side.

I have a family member who is a mean drunk. He's isolated himself from the rest of the family, which is fine by everyone. He puts on a good show for outsiders who don't know him or get to see the dark side.

Nice avatar btw :rolleyes:

Reactions: Finance85
Nice avatar btw :rolleyes:

LOL. It is, isn't it?! Ironically, I rarely drink, and if I do drink, I never have more than one. Maybe I'm overcompensating because I don't want to be like my family member? Maybe, but alcohol has never made me mean. Just the opposite.

Is it simply because they are family that people are all "oooh and ahhh" over this? Because, so what? It's a political ad. What do they owe the guy if they don't like him? If you come at me with, well, if they disagree with him then keep their mouth shut. By that logic no negative campaign ad should ever be released. Does it suck for the guy and his family? I'm sure it does.

It's politics and stuff happens. On to the next clown show that runs for office.
It's one thing to disagree with a family member who is running for office. It's another to state those disagreements publicly. It's quite another to be featured in an opponent's political ad. And it's yet entirely another for all six siblings to appear in said ad.

It's one thing to disagree with a family member who is running for office. It's another to state those disagreements publicly. It's quite another to be featured in an opponent's political ad. And it's yet entirely another for all six siblings to appear in said ad.

The candidate must be a real douche then, huh?

LOL. It is, isn't it?! Ironically, I rarely drink, and if I do drink, I never have more than one. Maybe I'm overcompensating because I don't want to be like my family member? Maybe, but alcohol has never made me mean. Just the opposite.

That’s funny...and don’t be like said family memeber, no bueno

To be fair, if there are 10 siblings, then they probably barely know each other. Half of them are probably thinking of the wrong brother.

"Remember that time he stole your REO Speedwagon records?" "No, that wasn't Johnny, that was Larry" "Right, Larry is the politician" "No, Larry, is the one that joined the Navy" "No, I'm in the Navy" "Which one are you again?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT