ADVERTISEMENT

Deadpool 2

Deadpool and Guardians of the Galaxy have been the only 2 comic movies that Ive enjoyed. Probably wont watch it in theaters, but will definitely check it on hbo/netflix. Wish they made more of them rated r. Perfect blend of crude humor, attitude, and action. Loved the 1st one.

Just saw it on my lunch break. I laughed considerably less than the first one...by a long shot. Still some good gags though. I'm not sure if the jokes weren't quite as good, or that it was the effect of knowing exactly what to expect this time...the surprise of how "irreverent" it is wasn't there to increase the humor. It's very possible that it's the second. I found it funny, but not hilarious this time. Also, it was considerably more sincere this time around, so maybe that offset some of the jokes.

It was still good. Would have like more of some things and less of others, but am interested in what it sets up going forward.

I finally caught it today.

All and all I liked it quite a bit and felt it suffered from the same thing Guardians of the Galaxy 2 did...ie it was really just as good as the first but because it’s now familiar rather than fresh I didn’t enjoy it QUITE as much.

I definitely preferred Avengers Infinity War over it, but I’m sure I’ll see both several times over the years. I’d give it an A- or B+.

I can enjoy childish, sophomoric comedy, but not when it tries so hard.

Overall I thought it was a fun watch, but I didn’t laugh at a large number of the jokes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT