ADVERTISEMENT

Deion Sanders

TallyNole93

All-American
Jul 23, 2008
Ellijay, GA
I use to always think Deion was a hotdog. It was all about him. Wife and I watched him on the TV show Bear Grylls does. We came away very impressed with him. Total change of life. He talked how he got caught up in the flash, money and fame. Said that was not his true self. Totally different person away from the field. Talked how his faith and kids are utmost importance. I saw this quote by him.

"Nobody can steal your joy, erase your smile, change your heart or abort your hope. You're the only one that can allow this to happen."

More I see and read....impressed.

Reactions: FSUBigALNoles#1
There's always been Deion, and Prime Time. He was known to be an intense competitor and hard worker. He turns on the Prime Time to maximize his business opportunities.

Heck, he got in trouble for trespassing because he was fishing in a pond at an airport. Think about that. Yes, he got in trouble, but he was fishing in a pond. How many NFL guys just go fishing in a local pond as a form of entertainment?

He's had issues from time-to-time, but his overall rep is he's a good guy.

Reactions: EvilTwin
There's always been Deion, and Prime Time. He was known to be an intense competitor and hard worker. He turns on the Prime Time to maximize his business opportunities.

Heck, he got in trouble for trespassing because he was fishing in a pond at an airport. Think about that. Yes, he got in trouble, but he was fishing in a pond. How many NFL guys just go fishing in a local pond as a form of entertainment?

He's had issues from time-to-time, but his overall rep is he's a good guy.

First thing I thought of...always loved that story.

Don't remember if it was Bowden or Mickey Andrews, but I recall one of them saying Deion was the hardest worker he'd ever coached.

I'd forgotten about him getting in trouble for fishing in the pond by the airport - think it was near where you grew up, right?

deionmugshot1.jpg

Sanders said the temptation of the lake's large bass was just too great. "The only defense I have is that I'm sorry, but they were biting," he said. "I wasn't out there 10 minutes and they caught me. But I had 10 fish by that time." Sanders got to keep the fish.

Don't remember if it was Bowden or Mickey Andrews, but I recall one of them saying Deion was the hardest worker he'd ever coached.

I'd forgotten about him getting in trouble for fishing in the pond by the airport - think it was near where you grew up, right?

Coach Andrews has said that.

deionmugshot1.jpg

Sanders said the temptation of the lake's large bass was just too great. "The only defense I have is that I'm sorry, but they were biting," he said. "I wasn't out there 10 minutes and they caught me. But I had 10 fish by that time." Sanders got to keep the fish.

I had never heard about that. I did watch the 30 for 30 Beyond the Glory and enjoyed him.

I sat next to him on a plane when I was a teenager and he was still at FSU. Jheri curl and all he was so humble and polite. It was a few days after he intercepted a pass in the end zone at the Suger Bowl against Auburn to seal a FSU victory. He talked to me the whole flight about FSU football and baseball.

I sat next to him on a plane when I was a teenager and he was still at FSU. Jheri curl and all he was so humble and polite. It was a few days after he intercepted a pass in the end zone at the Suger Bowl against Auburn to seal a FSU victory. He talked to me the whole flight about FSU football and baseball.

That is the Deion I remember. Even when he was "Prime Time" in the NFL he was still a humble and approachable person.

When he was at FSU my sister got his autograph while she was in middle school (he was friends with the teacher) and he signed his name Deion $anders, Prime Time $$$... I'll never forget it.

The only thing, IMO, that he can be grilled on is of all the days he had at FSU can we count the number of times he went to class on our hands and feet? LOL.

Heard a speech of his a few years back and he talked about creating Prime Time. If I remember right, he grew up poor and wanted to take care of his mom. He knew when he got to FSU he needed something to set him apart, so he created Prime Time.

Reactions: JohnnieHolmesNole
Many people have never understood the man is far different than the product that he created and marketed. He was always a gentle quiet guy who knew the way to market himself to make the most money at a position that does not traditionally make money like other star positions like running back and QB.

Reactions: mnole03
Heard a speech of his a few years back and he talked about creating Prime Time. If I remember right, he grew up poor and wanted to take care of his mom. He knew when he got to FSU he needed something to set him apart, so he created Prime Time.

This. The dude is actually a genius, having created this other persona for business reasons. Worked pretty well, I would say. I have always loved this guy. Polished, poised, well-spoken, well-dressed.....basically, everything Fisher was not.

That is the Deion I remember. Even when he was "Prime Time" in the NFL he was still a humble and approachable person.

When he was at FSU my sister got his autograph while she was in middle school (he was friends with the teacher) and he signed his name Deion $anders, Prime Time $$$... I'll never forget it.

The only thing, IMO, that he can be grilled on is of all the days he had at FSU can we count the number of times he went to class on our hands and feet? LOL.

He was just confused. Thought he was in Chapel Hill.

Looks like the tweet was deleted or edited, but last night, he tweeted something about Jerry Richardson and his "business acronym." Definitely got a chuckle and groan from me.

I think the Prime Prep fiasco in Dallas was him putting the wrong folks in the wrong places of the administration. I know the Noel Devine thing had to have been a gut punch for him.

Many people have never understood the man is far different than the product that he created and marketed. He was always a gentle quiet guy who knew the way to market himself to make the most money at a position that does not traditionally make money like other star positions like running back and QB.

This. He got cornerbacks paid, and the smart ones are as loud and obnoxious as possible because that’s how you get the most money. You can’t just shut down a wide receiver, you need people to know that you did it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT