ADVERTISEMENT

Dilemma; New Job in Alachua, Where to Move (Struggling with Idea of Living in Hogtown)

My local news is a Gainesville station and holy crap, 75% of the bad stuff seems to be happening in Ocala.
My dad watches the local news just so he can lose his mind over the excessive Gator sports coverage. lol

My dad watches the local news just so he can lose his mind over the excessive Gator sports coverage. lol

The news paper is worse. The sports section is like 3 pages with nothing but Gator sports on it. The Daytona 500, Kentucky Derby, World Series, Super Bowl and Masters could all happen on the same day and the front page of the sports section the next day would be Women's Lacrosse beats South Carolina 4-3 or some such nonsense. I quit taking the paper 15 years ago because of it...

Reactions: DFSNOLE
I live 10 minutes west of 75 in Jonesville. Nice area that's quiet and an easy drive to anywhere in town. I enjoy living here but I either work from home or I am work on-site at a client office not located in the state. So, I rarely have to deal with the locals. It has been 7 years since I worked locally. Where will you be working?
I will be working in Alachua at a Biotech Company.

I will be working in Alachua at a Biotech Company.
I'm just South of there in Turkey Creek. Go South from Alachua on 241. Lots of nice hoods off that road and it will take you down to 025's place and into Jonesville. You do not want to move into town. Maybe a little east from 241 on Millhopper or 39th, but that it. Roads leading West off 241 have some nice property and up into High Springs.

Check out the Great Outdoors restaurant in High Springs before you make any decisions. Give me a shout out. I'll give you the tour...

And if you have kids, the public schools in Alachua are excellent...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT