ADVERTISEMENT

Discover Scam Call

Random_John

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2007
So my phone has been getting blown up lately by people claiming to be from Discover. This morning they even called my office and left this vague message "Hi my name is Henry, I am reaching out to discuss a personal business matter. Please call me back at......"

I call Discover directly at the number on the back of my card. Go figure, they have not reached me and said they have been getting a lot of calls about the issue.

I really hate scammers and identity thieves.

I have read by the next 2 years, half of all calls made will be scam calls. Think about that.

They throw out a huge net and a small percentage always bite.

I keep getting one(not Discover) where the recorded person claims they have warrants for tax evasion and you better call right now and settle up before they move forward. I shake my head wondering why morons fall for this stuff.

Reactions: Lurker1999
Get yourself a nice piece of foreign language erotic lit and read it to these spammers.

(FYI - you want to avoid having your voice recorded saying words like "yes" or your name as they can manipulate that to sign up for accounts in your name, using recordings of your voice as verbal confirmation for the new accounts -- so basically I avoid even speaking to these clowns in comprehensible english or spanish.)

Reactions: squiffynole
How crazy is it that we can now sign up for things by simply saying "yes"? No signatures, no confirmation as to who is actually saying yes, but just the spoken word. I don't get it.

I usually do my best Mushmouth impersonation when talking to them.

Imagine if the victim was an 85 year old confused retiree...

Yikes.

Yeh, I know why they run the scam(people cheat on taxes) and that you could get some elderly people who don't know better, I would just think 99.9% of people would realize nobody calls you and says they have "warrants" or whatnot - they either show up if its a criminal matter or send certified letters if its civil.

I told a friend about it and he so bad wants to call them back and mess with them, giving them fake credit card #'s first(I assume that's the scam, to get you to give them money via cc), then finally telling them he has cash and that's the best he can do, so "where can we meet?". We were going to bet if they'd hang up first. I deleted the caller ID, but next time, we might have some fun.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You have a Discover card. Did it come with your USA Today subscription?

Well, Duh! I figured that would go without saying.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
I keep getting one(not Discover) where the recorded person claims they have warrants for tax evasion and you better call right now and settle up before they move forward. I shake my head wondering why morons fall for this stuff.

That is pretty funny actually since there are a lot of morons who cheat bad on taxes. The ones this works on must freak!!!

I bought a an air horn for the boat...and another for these clowns. Whenever I get a live person, I get them talking and then blast them with the with the horn. I like to picture them wearing a headset and falling out of their chair.

Yes, Henry did. I sometimes mess with the scammers just to see how long they will stay on the line. I must say, some are very persistent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT