ADVERTISEMENT

Do something constructive with your life, son....

NoleLizards

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Jul 23, 2004
Saw this on G&W this morning:

MONTREAL — In a black gown and a red tie, Laurent Duvernay-Tardif looked at ease making small talk with fellow graduates here as he waited to be called up to the stage to receive his degree. His name was announced, dozens of cheers erupted and a moment eight years in the making was finally complete: The Kansas City Chiefs guard was now the only active N.F.L. player to become a medical doctor.

After the ceremony, Tuesday morning on a hill in a city 335 miles from the nearest N.F.L. team, Duvernay-Tardif put on a white lab coat with his red Chiefs No. 76 on the back, now complete with the prefix “Dr.”

“It sounds pretty cool,” he laughed. “It’s an awesome feeling. That’s what has fed me over the past four years, whenever I’ve had challenges or obstacles in front of me, to continue to pursue both at the same time.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/30/sports/laurent-duvernay-tardif-nfl-doctor-chiefs.html

When he pancakes a defender, he can stand over him and taunt, "You've been diagnosed!"

But I thought you can't do anything beyond football if you're at that level?

Honestly, this is the type of story that should be absolutely dominating the news. I wish the media would understand and recognize that and really press that.

ADVERTISEMENT