ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone personally know:

I work in medical field, good friend intubated someone later diagnosed with it, he self quarantined but did not get it.

How are they doing? I hope they do well.

they seem to be fine so far ... they just got back from italy ... they are more acquaintances than friends so we are not in communication often ... we found out via their instagram ... naturally, we will keep them in our prayers.

Had someone supposed to sign a contract weekend before last. She didn't show. She didn't have it, but couldn't make contract, because she was taking care of the person who died that weekend in Lee County.

Anyone who has contacted Covid-19. Sounds like it is gaining a foothold...... All please take care of yourself and families.
know the couple from Tally they has been stuck on the ship for a month and now in ga at the base under quarantine .. My step brother ..

miss work for a two week vacation to Hawaii that turned in to a 6 week ordeal

I'm from the "epicenter" in New Rochelle, NY. They have really shut things down. In all honesty, I'm just as afraid of the long-term financial impact as I am the disease itself.
Sorry to hear that! My grandparents lived there and I spent a lot of time in New Rochelle, a nice town. They had a condo with a nice view of the water and we'd often go fishing for flounder....happier times! Are people still on the streets or.... ?

Maryland mandated all restaurants can only have take out orders due to the Wuhan Virus. Roads were empty today so hopefully the social distancing works.

Fortunately, no. My family, friends and business associates have been mindful of the potential spread and are taking precautions

I'm from the "epicenter" in New Rochelle, NY. They have really shut things down. In all honesty, I'm just as afraid of the long-term financial impact as I am the disease itself.

Same. Not really sure how long all of this can last without just completely going under.

Reactions: nynole1
No. By the numbers it's not near as contagious as the flu, but once you get it the lung affect can leave a much higher percentage in the hospital.

Sorry to hear that! My grandparents lived there and I spent a lot of time in New Rochelle, a nice town. They had a condo with a nice view of the water and we'd often go fishing for flounder....happier times! Are people still on the streets or.... ?
Probably at one of the parks, either Glenn island, Hudson park, etc. Lots of good whore and boat fishing!
There are people on the streets, but in much smaller numbers. The local business are really taking a beating. The Catholic archdiocese cancelled all masses this past weekend. It's almost surreal.

Although I see the seriousness of it all, I can’t help but think this has been blown way out of proportion.

Reactions: CoveChild
know the couple from Tally they has been stuck on the ship for a month and now in ga at the base under quarantine .. My step brother ..

miss work for a two week vacation to Hawaii that turned in to a 6 week ordeal

I know a doctor that was on that ship. He was quarantined at Travis AFB in California. Just got home two weeks ago.

Actually everything I have read is that is far more contagious then the flu. Maybe that changed but if so I have not hear that it has.
One of the reasons is that it's new and thus no one has any acquired immunity as many Americans have over several years of the flu being an annual thing.

Reactions: Nolesrule
Actually everything I have read is that is far more contagious then the flu. Maybe that changed but if so I have not hear that it has.
It’s far more contagious than the flu. We just cannot adequately test for it and some have mild symptoms so don’t get tested to begin with.

Reactions: Nolesrule
US is now #1 of Covid 19 cases and number 6 in deaths.

Going to get worse in the near term if the hospitals don't have enough beds available.

We may be winning the cases race but losing the death race. I fear we'll catch up pretty soon. Let this thing ravage the heartland where healthcare infrastructure isn't as good as the large cities and then you'll see deaths really mount.

We may be winning the cases race but losing the death race. I fear we'll catch up pretty soon. Let this thing ravage the heartland where healthcare infrastructure isn't as good as the large cities and then you'll see deaths really mount.
You also don't have near the population density, so that may help. Experts in a lot of places already lowered their death projections, let's hope they are right

I’m still 3 degrees removed from anyone who has it. Quite surprised actually.

Reactions: FSUDoles
I’m still 3 degrees removed from anyone who has it. Quite surprised actually.

Q....we’re both degrees removed from anyone we “know” who has it....or has had it. If someone put a gun to my head and that certain someone said you have it or have had it.....or you’re totally clean...I wouldn’t play.

I’m pretty sure the guy I coach little league with had it. He missed about a week of practices. Had pneumonia and a fever. Not confirmed but the symptoms were there.

Q....we’re both degrees removed from anyone we “know” who has it....or has had it. If someone put a gun to my head and that certain someone said you have it or have had it.....or you’re totally clean...I wouldn’t play.
Could be. It’s too bad we’ll never have any sort of accurate data about this. Would be fascinating to know how many people have very very mild symptoms, like less than even a cold.

The mother of one of my kid's friends has it. She's also a school administrator. One woman in my neighborhood has it and was rushed to the hospital. Her kids have it as well. Might be recovered by now. Another woman in the area whose husband is a doctor caught it. A city commissioner died from it. This is in Decatur, GA. I'm coming into work in downtown Atlanta a couple times a week. Yesterday we learned a security guard tested positive. He's been out for a week and his job didn't put him in contact with my part of the building, so we're still open. Anybody who thinks this is being exaggerated can kiss my ass. From a socially accepted distance, of course.

There were 900k cases of the flu and 80k deaths during the 2017-2018 season, I couldn't believe reading that. For whatever reason, I don't remember all that much coverage, maybe I'm wrong.

Could be. It’s too bad we’ll never have any sort of accurate data about this. Would be fascinating to know how many people have very very mild symptoms, like less than even a cold.

My son just texted and he says someone he works with is confirmed, so we won’t be seeing my son for several weeks....he’s trying to arrange a test for early next week. I read somewhere this week that a test is in development where a thumb prick blood assay test will yield whether the tested patient now has the antibodies to fight the Coronavirus, meaning they had it and recovered and are now at least temporarily immune...so that test if given widespread would speak volumes on how many of us were actually infected.
Be safe....

Well, I figured it was just a matter of time, but one of my childhood friends just called me who contracted the virus.
He works in the County Jail and picked it up from another guard. Marine, husband and father of two living in his basement away from his family, having food left at his door. Said he is the one in jail now.

No. By the numbers it's not near as contagious as the flu, but once you get it the lung affect can leave a much higher percentage in the hospital.

That is just the opposite of what I heard a Dr report. He said it is about 4Xs more contagious than the flu. The example he used was if you were in a room with 100 and 1 person had the flu then 12 folks would contract the flu. If you were in a room with a 100 folks and one person had covid19 then 40-45 folks would get the virus.

Reactions: Spenser1
That is just the opposite of what I heard a Dr report. He said it is about 4Xs more contagious than the flu. The example he used was if you were in a room with 100 and 1 person had the flu then 12 folks would contract the flu. If you were in a room with a 100 folks and one person had covid19 then 40-45 folks would get the virus.
That was based on the original numbers from a few weeks ago. 85,000 case and 3,700 deaths n China. Obviously with new information China was clearly lying through their teeth about this and what you are stating is probably more accurate. You can't trust China or the WHO as it seems they are one in the same.

My very small sample size of how contagious this is is Gobert and the Jazz. He was around his teammates, coaches and trainers for days before testing positive. And out of all those people only one other person tested positive. I think what has made it so contagious is A) How long the incubation period can be in terms of time til symptoms and B) The variability in symptoms is pretty crazy. There are quite a few younger people who have had almost no symptoms, maybe equivalent to an average cold. So they may not be isolating bc to them they’re not really sick.

That was based on the original numbers from a few weeks ago. 85,000 case and 3,700 deaths n China. Obviously with new information China was clearly lying through their teeth about this and what you are stating is probably more accurate. You can't trust China or the WHO as it seems they are one in the same.

I think with the political aspect of it and with China not being forthcoming from the beginning, we have been told so many things we really don't know what to believe. I had really cut out any "unnecessary" trips to any place but I have since started staying at home unless absolutely a must to go get something. I am 62 and still in good health but not wanting any chances with exposure. I think in my situation that is the absolute smartest thing to do. It is going to be a long month for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT