ADVERTISEMENT

Dolphin Fans:

Tua. I love Jameis and would love to see him in Miami but Tua's price is much lower.

I definitely don’t want Jameis. Tua, maybe, as long as we don’t have to trade up to get him. On second thought, I don’t want him either, too injury prone.

Jameis. Especially if you believe (as I do) that he will continue to grow and cut down on the interceptions. He had a lot of bad luck with his receivers, injury to his thumb, a crappy defense, no running game etc and the dude put up over 5,000 yards passing. To me he’s already proven he has the potential to be elite.

Tua looks like a good prospect but I really worry about his durability. If we pick him at 6 I won’t be upset or think it’s a mistake but I wouldn’t lose sleep over it if it didn’t work out for us.

I still lament (like I did on the day it happened) that we passed on Drew Brees and went with frigging Daunte Culpepper. I’m not asking for Marino here but can we get a frigging steady QB at some point?

Reactions: nolefan04
Dolphins roster is so thin that the smart thing to do is to take the best player available. A QB can wait until next year.I hope they draft Akers if he’s still there in the third round.

For me it depends on who’s available at the #5 pick - if Okudah or Simmons are there, I definitely would grab one of them over Tua.

I think Tua has tremendous talent, but players who are injury prone in college don’t miraculously start staying healthy in the NFL...

Regarding Jameis, I’m obviously a homer, but the talent is there, and if he can get things straightened out between the ears and cut down on the turnovers, he’s an elite caliber quarterback. He’s also one of the toughest, best leaders / teammate in the NFL.

Reactions: NoleBiz
Tua....or trade down for another first. Four firsts, two seconds...12 picks as of today...and 100 Million in cap space....if they do it right, this team gets better in a hurry.

Tua is not going to be in the nfl in 5 years. Wait till next year and get the Clemson kid

This coaching staff won 5 games with nothing last year, knocked the Pats off in a game that had to have at the end......I believe the coaching is in place to be successful.

I'm feeling a tiny bit optimistic about the new staff... just hard to overcome the history until I see it. We have had a way of being a talent wasteland and then trading said talent only to see them thrive somewhere else.

Reactions: FSUDoles
I'm feeling a tiny bit optimistic about the new staff... just hard to overcome the history until I see it. We have had a way of being a talent wasteland and then trading said talent only to see them thrive somewhere else.

Flores was dealt an absolute horrible hand....that roster has to be amongst the worst ever assembled in the NFL. I like to think that with a roster full of actual NFL caliber players, he’ll win some games...a lot of games.

I would take Hurts before Tua but after Jamies...

I do too. What we did last year was impressive
Absolutely, beating New England, the trick play against the Eagles, the coaching staff did so much will so little, Fitzpatrick was our leading rusher! I feel we are in good shape right as the AFC East finally starts to be able to pull away from New Englands nearly 20 year stranglehold on the division.

Fins pulled it off again. Another wasted pick this time on a short, left handed, injury prone dude that scored a 13 on the wonderlic...

Then they pick an average rated corner they don’t even need? Wowzers...

I just think that it's a bit presumptuous on his part to select wearing #1 when you are a rookie, unproven, and coming off a major injury that no one really knows if he will ever be the same player. Its not like his name is Joe Burrow who you could see selecting wearing #1.
BTW I am a Dolphin fan and a long time season ticket holder.

I just think that it's a bit presumptuous on his part to select wearing #1 when you are a rookie, unproven, and coming off a major injury that no one really knows if he will ever be the same player. Its not like his name is Joe Burrow who you could see selecting wearing #1.
What’s so special about number 1?

Me too, but whatever, he will ultimately be known for what he does or doesn't do on the field, not his number selection......the Phins made the right move in drafting him....

Last edited:
Guess Jake Scott didn't want to give up that number. :D

ADVERTISEMENT