ADVERTISEMENT

***Dumping Ground For All Things Interesting and Silly On The Interwebs***

02J1Dsr.gif

I think someone died

There’s an article on it saying 11 minor injuries no fatalities. Of course it’s a Georgian paper so who knows how accurate it is.

Because this photo in the article doesn’t make it look like they’re about to suffer what I would call minor injuries.

gudauriaccident4.jpg

“In Soviet Georgia, you say minor injuries or else minor injuries kill you.”

Reactions: surfnole
There’s an article on it saying 11 minor injuries no fatalities. Of course it’s a Georgian paper so who knows how accurate it is.

Because this photo in the article doesn’t make it look like they’re about to suffer what I would call minor injuries.

gudauriaccident4.jpg

“In Soviet Georgia, you say minor injuries or else minor injuries kill you.”
When I was in Italy a A-6 pilot flew right through a gondola cable sending the cab over 200 ft to the ground.

I remember that.
Southern Spain, about December 1961

McCain was on a training mission when he flew low and ran into electrical wires. He brought his crippled Skyraider back to the Intrepid, dragging 10 feet of wire, sailors and aviators recalled.

In his 1999 autobiography, “Faith of My Fathers,” McCain briefly recounts the incident, calling it the result of “daredevil clowning” and “flying too low.” McCain did not elaborate on what happened, and The Times could find no military records of the accident.

When he struck the wires, McCain severed an oil line in his plane, said Carl Russ, a pilot in McCain’s squadron. McCain’s flight suit and the cockpit were soaked in oil, added Russ, who nonetheless said McCain was a good pilot.

Southern Spain, about December 1961

McCain was on a training mission when he flew low and ran into electrical wires. He brought his crippled Skyraider back to the Intrepid, dragging 10 feet of wire, sailors and aviators recalled.

In his 1999 autobiography, “Faith of My Fathers,” McCain briefly recounts the incident, calling it the result of “daredevil clowning” and “flying too low.” McCain did not elaborate on what happened, and The Times could find no military records of the accident.

When he struck the wires, McCain severed an oil line in his plane, said Carl Russ, a pilot in McCain’s squadron. McCain’s flight suit and the cockpit were soaked in oil, added Russ, who nonetheless said McCain was a good pilot.
These guys were doing the same sort of stuff and filming it according to some accounts. The video was never found but the crew was busted for destroying it. Ran out on conduct unbecoming charges.

Surfer versus Croc. Costa Rica. Attack starts around 1:40 mark. I've been here a few times, but we always chose the 30 to 60 minute drive over the bridge.

Wow, that’s amazing. Which beach is this at or near… when in Guanacaste, we went to Playa Grande from Tamarindo and then a good bit farther north to Playa Flamingo. Didn’t surf, just enjoyed the beach, swam and watched all the surfers. I remember seeing a few croc warning signs around Playa Grande but can’t remember them at Flamingo.

Wow, that’s amazing. Which beach is this at or near… when in Guanacaste, we went to Playa Grande from Tamarindo and then a good bit farther north to Playa Flamingo. Didn’t surf, just enjoyed the beach, swam and watched all the surfers. I remember seeing a few croc warning signs around Playa Grande but can’t remember them at Flamingo.
That's the river between Tamarindo and Playa Grande. Or Tamagringo as they call it today.

Saw that earlier today. Not sure why he punched out unless he couldn't shut down the engine. Kinda what it looked like.

Reactions: NoleinATL
Surfer versus Croc. Costa Rica. Attack starts around 1:40 mark. I've been here a few times, but we always chose the 30 to 60 minute drive over the bridge.

That is crazy, I think anxiety would eat me alive and I couldn't go back in that water, kudos to that guy

ADVERTISEMENT