ADVERTISEMENT

Edit- Allnoles is walking! Chair returned!

AllNoles

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2002
Tallahassee
Accident 12/3/21.

3/3/22 Allnoles cleared for full weight bearing!!!!

Not there yet though. Lots of rehab to get walking but I have no ortho restrictions other than to not fall while learning to stand and walk again. Tried to stand getting into wife’s car after appt and felt like jelly legs. But I didn’t fall.

Now fight is about getting rehab. Had been told I’d get it at home for 7-10 more days to get strong enough for full outpatient rehab. Told today that’s wrong and I go straight to outpatient. But the outpatient place can’t see me for three weeks!!! Burning phones to find alternative. I’m not waiting three more weeks!!!

Edit - time on phones was worth it. Rehab starts Monday. And they’ve said I can stand on my own if I can with my walker. Already started that and marching in place as they said I can. Very safely.

It is amazing how much muscle memory and strength are lost in three months.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

First visit to outpatient rehab last evening. Very glad I pushed to get in sooner than three weeks.

Therapist is great. He told me on phone last week the things I could do standing, so I did them a lot ober weekend. Yesterday goal was to get me to take steps on those parallel bar things. I did. All the way to the end. Back. To the end. Back. Abs over again. Then he let me try the walker and I walked all over the gym area. He was very surprised and said it was clear I didn’t need home pt to get ready for outpatient!

And then I used walker when o got home since we had folks bring us dinner and I wanted to sit normal at the table.

Holy cow what a feeling. I’m sore as Hell today (I know I overdid it last night but you sit for three full months and then not walk when you can!) but doing well. I know I’ll need to be careful resting and need to start pain meds again, but this is so awesome.

Hopefully this graph plotting keeps going up. I’m very happy. I’m so blessed to have had all the support to get me here.

I’ll catch you all up when I’m walking unassisted.

Strain man, as much as you feel safe. Don't pull or tear anything. If you can afford it, get yourself an hot tub. Try to get medicare to pay for it. They just might.

Congrats on your success so far. Just know there are a lot of Noles out there cheering for you.

Strain man, as much as you feel safe. Don't pull or tear anything. If you can afford it, get yourself an hot tub. Try to get medicare to pay for it. They just might.

Congrats on your success so far. Just know there are a lot of Noles out there cheering for you.
Dude how old do you think I am? Medicare? Dayum!!! 😀😀😀

I do push. I push as hard as they let me. Pretty sure that’s why I’m a little ahead now. I’ve done every little thing they’ve said I can do for three months so some of the strength I could be working toward I already have. But thats not much. Very weak and very unbalanced but it’s better each day. I’m very positive on outlook, despite it being clear I’ll have limitations even when I’m back to “normal”. I need to de-contract first to know for sure but it seems I’ll have one leg a bit shorter following all the work on the pelvis.

Don’t think CHP is going to get me a hot tub. And the one by the pool is now a koi pond. But we do have a big jet tub I can try when I can safely get in and out. But I’ll tell you it’s not that bad. Even the pain and soreness is mostly if I try to do as much as yesterday. I think I may need to push one day then rest a bit the next. I’ll figure it all out!

Reactions: ParooKid

I do push. I push as hard as they let me. Pretty sure that’s why I’m a little ahead now. I’ve done every little thing they’ve said I can do for three months so some of the strength I could be working toward I already have. But thats not much. Very weak and very unbalanced but it’s better each day. I’m very positive on outlook, despite it being clear I’ll have limitations even when I’m back to “normal”. I need to de-contract first to know for sure but it seems I’ll have one leg a bit shorter following all the work on the pelvis.
They make shoes with taller soles to level you out when you walk. I know someone who was born with one leg slightly shorter than the other and he uses them. It may be useful for you.

Yeah. I have to wait til I’m all as good as I’ll get and then address it. Guess it will depend how close they are.

Yeah. I have to wait til I’m all as good as I’ll get and then address it. Guess it will depend how close they are.
Right on. Its not a short term effect, but a large enough difference could take a toll on your joints over time.

Reactions: cnole1 and AllNoles

Don’t think CHP is going to get me a hot tub. And the one by the pool is now a koi pond. But we do have a big jet tub I can try when I can safely get in and out. But I’ll tell you it’s not that bad. Even the pain and soreness is mostly if I try to do as much as yesterday. I think I may need to push one day then rest a bit the next. I’ll figure it all out!

😂Man, I had a brain fart right there. Never gave your age a thought. When you get as old as me those things happen!! The jet tub will suffice for your needs. All you want is warm, circulating water going on. You gotta keep that soreness down. Love your spirit and never give in attitude.

Not surprised by your success at all. I still predict you will be doing the jig by St Patrick’s day. And to be honest I look forward to your inspirational updates on your progress. The locker room disagrees on a number of things, @AllNoles full recovery is something we all celebrate. 🙏❤️🍺☘️

Haha. I’m not quite sure about jigging in 8 days! But I hope to be out partaking in the Irish festivities. Safely. No drinking and using walker.

Reactions: ChiefWB
Glad to hear. As a veteran of several rehab stints I know positive attitude, willing to push yourself on your own, and keep the discouragement down are the keys to a successful rehab. You seem to have all of that. Keep up the good work.

Steps today. Just a few. Up and down. But did em. PT guy videoed it for kids because he didn’t think I’d be doing steps for weeks.

Id even post but don’t know how.
A couple years ago, I took a fall & broke my kneecap in two places. Did not displace it, so I didn’t require surgery, but I did have it completely immobilized 24/7 for 6 weeks. Took another 6 weeks of PT just to be able to bend move it again…additional time before it was back close to being fully functional. I do not envy you your road ahead…and the work pays off in the end

A couple years ago, I took a fall & broke my kneecap in two places. Did not displace it, so I didn’t require surgery, but I did have it completely immobilized 24/7 for 6 weeks. Took another 6 weeks of PT just to be able to bend move it again…additional time before it was back close to being fully functional. I do not envy you your road ahead…and the work pays off in the end
This will take months and months. My right side is still really weak and has nerve damage that’s healing, but slowly. It sucks to have to think about every part of the steps you take because if you don’t, your feet are all over the place. All that stuff you take for granted about not even thinking. You just walk. I’ll get there but it will be summer I bet.

Funny thing is I talk to my body in PT. Not myself. The parts of my body that aren’t doing what I want. Been doing it since rehab facility. It cracks up the therapists.

Reactions: Dhersh and goldmom
This will take months and months. My right side is still really weak and has nerve damage that’s healing, but slowly. It sucks to have to think about every part of the steps you take because if you don’t, your feet are all over the place. All that stuff you take for granted about not even thinking. You just walk. I’ll get there but it will be summer I bet.

Funny thing is I talk to my body in PT. Not myself. The parts of my body that aren’t doing what I want. Been doing it since rehab facility. It cracks up the therapists.
“This will take months and months.” I did not do a very good job of expressing my sympathy to you for what you have been through & what you still have before you. I offered my experience as a reference point…a very simple injury that didn’t require surgical intervention & it was a minimum of 3 months before I was even close to “normal.” I can only imagine what you have been through. I have found that my experience of being an FSU alum & drawing on the idea & spirit of being “Unconquered” has really helped me persevere through other difficult & traumatic times. I hope it & this community offer the same to you

Reactions: goldmom
Oh I didn’t take it badly or mean anything bad in response. Hope I didn’t come across in a manner I didn’t intend.

Just laying it out. Time is time. The body heals as it does and we have to do our work to get the best results!!!

Just a little post-6th visit for PT note. Working hard. It’s more painful now than for the last weeks leading up to being released to weight bearing. However, it’s a good thing as it’s like work out type pain. It’s the stuff that makes me know I’m working abs getting better.

Able to use walker a lot more. I wear out but I can do it ok. And yesterday at Pt they had me walk (if you can call it that) without walker for like 100 feet. That was scary as I just don’t have strength or balance or control. He said I’m well ahead of curve but it’s still going to be months of PT and even then it will be months more til I get as “normal” as I’ll get before the next surgeries.

Given how I am now I doubt I’ll make the spring game. I’m just too much work to get someplace like that.

Just a little post-6th visit for PT note. Working hard. It’s more painful now than for the last weeks leading up to being released to weight bearing. However, it’s a good thing as it’s like work out type pain. It’s the stuff that makes me know I’m working abs getting better.

Able to use walker a lot more. I wear out but I can do it ok. And yesterday at Pt they had me walk (if you can call it that) without walker for like 100 feet. That was scary as I just don’t have strength or balance or control. He said I’m well ahead of curve but it’s still going to be months of PT and even then it will be months more til I get as “normal” as I’ll get before the next surgeries.

Given how I am now I doubt I’ll make the spring game. I’m just too much work to get someplace like that.
You back at work at all? Your updates are inspiring. Godspeed and continued best wishes.

Reactions: ParooKid
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT