ADVERTISEMENT

FINAL: No. 1 FSU 3, UGA 1

ariya_massoudi

All-ACC
Staff
Jul 30, 2022
Match kicks off at 1 PM on ESPNU from Athens. I’ll be in and out today, feel free to keep everyone updated for those watching live. Big one for the Noles, getting a win and 3 points would make it a successful road trip.

Reactions: NoleLizards
I talked with Ariya Friday about how this team is going to both score and concede a lot more under Pensky than it did under Krikorian. Definitely seeing that today, especially the scoring.

Nguyen is a little slow to keep up with the Jarretts of the world.
She is also too lax with her passes.
She needs to clean that up.
With Jenna and Clara in the game, we are very dangerous. With them out, we
are pedestrian.

Reactions: NoleLizards
Nguyen is a little slow to keep up with the Jarretts of the world.
She is also too lax with her passes.
She needs to clean that up.
With Jenna and Clara in the game, we are very dangerous. With them out, we
are pedestrian.
What's up with Olsson?? She took two shots in the first game and none today.

Reactions: Seaker42
Much better offensively today. Spacing and overlapping runs improved. Finishing clinical. Defense definitely still working on communication and being a unit. That’s going to take some time.
Team looked like it was starting to play together with more precision and understanding. Robbins and Nighswonger looking to lead the offense. I thought Olsson looked much more dynamic today.......she needs to continue to be aggressive. Bissell is one of my favorite young players and she looked like she belonged plus she and Olsson seem to have a special connection on the field. Elchegini might be just what we need. She looked great out there today. Alagoa will step it up (thought that second half shot was in) as we go forward. And that freshman Garcia looks like a superstar in the making.

Defensively, as predicted, we need to continue to learn and communicate. Again, way too many breakdowns. But, Flynn will settle in soon and that will help. Got a freshman back there and it will take her some time to get use to the college game.

I am more bullish on this team than most on here. Think the first half of the season is a learning period for the coaches and the second half will look much different (maybe even different formation/players).

New coaching staff always means a learning curve for both the players and the coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT