ADVERTISEMENT

Finding Andrew Luck's wallet

ohio#1nolefan

All-ACC
Mar 29, 2002
So some dude found Andrew Luck's wallet while out on a bike ride. After returning it to the Colt's hq, his reward you ask? An autographed football and a thank you note..

So a guy that signed a $123m contract with $50m guaranteed 2 years ago shows his appreciation with a signed football? The note saying 'you made my life a lot easier'. What a cheap a$$.

Seems like a pretty good reward. Do you hate the Colts or something?

A crappy signed football seems like a good reward from someone that has made a few hundred million $ ? I know if I had a few hundred mil i'd give someone more than basically a couple hundred bucks.p

A crappy signed football seems like a good reward from someone that has made a few hundred million $ ? I know if I had a few hundred mil i'd give someone more than basically a couple hundred bucks.p
The guy found his wallet, not his lost child. A signed football and personalized note seems like a pretty nice gesture to me.

Because Luck earns a lot of money he’s required to make a grandiose gesture in exchange for an everyday act of civility?

Kick rocks.

This. Personally, I would not expect or want a thing for merely “doing the right thing.” I certainly would not accept some “cash reward” for simply carrying out a basic human decency. Would make me feel cheap or monetized. Actually, some kind of momento like an autographed football might be about the only thing I would accept.

Here, some acquaintance of the Good Samaritan is the person who took this public. That would annoy me, and I suspect it annoyed the Good Samaritan, who made clear that he wanted no publicity about any of this.

Because Luck earns a lot of money he’s required to make a grandiose gesture in exchange for an everyday act of civility?

Kick rocks.

Not saying because he makes a lot of money, but more so because he has lots of money. Why not give the guy a few dollars?

I found my neighbors purse on the street, she’d left it on the roof of her car. She just said thank you when I gave it back to her. I didn’t even get a signed football. That’s it, I’m breaking into her house tonight and making a sandwich. I’ve seen them time and time again bringing bag upon bag of groceries in that house. I know they are loaded with food. Stingy jerks, keeping all those sandwiches to themselves.

I found my neighbors purse on the street, she’d left it on the roof of her car. She just said thank you when I gave it back to her. I didn’t even get a signed football. That’s it, I’m breaking into her house tonight and making a sandwich. I’ve seen them time and time again bringing bag upon bag of groceries in that house. I know they are loaded with food. Stingy jerks, keeping all those sandwiches to themselves.

Yea..great comparison...

Actually the guy returning it to him went out of his way...Luck did nothing.
I dropped my wallet in a drive-thru many years ago and was very grateful that someone turned it in. The 30 dollars or so in cash was gone, but I felt extremely fortunate to recover all the ID/banking cards within.

Good plan but I think after you break in wake her up and have her make you a sandwich. :)

I would have asked him to trade his Super Bowl ring for the wallet.

How do you know there wasn't a few hundred or thousand dollars that was in the wallet that were missing when returned? And perhaps Luck doesn't want to mention that. That wouldn't necessarily mean the guy that took it took the money, but you never know.

A simple thank you should have been enough. The autographed football and note would only be inappropriate if say the guy was a Colts and/or Luck hater. Maybe a Titans, Jags or Texans fan. Other than that. It should be good.

So some dude found Andrew Luck's wallet while out on a bike ride. After returning it to the Colt's hq, his reward you ask? An autographed football and a thank you note..

So a guy that signed a $123m contract with $50m guaranteed 2 years ago shows his appreciation with a signed football? The note saying 'you made my life a lot easier'. What a cheap a$$.
If I lose my wallet and you find it....just keep it. It’d be cheaper not getting it back. o_O

As I have as well nor did i expect anything from them..It's okay that Luck is a cheapskate, there's lots of rich tightwads.
Maybe, but he probably thought the ball would be a more meaningful thank you. The person who returned it now has a cool story.

You’re #SOhio

True story. Just haven't found the wallet of a person worth several hundred million tho.
Actually had a co worker drop a $100 bill out of his pocket a few months ago, that I picked up then caught up to him and kindly returned it. Nobody around, could have kept it..
I've found a couple wallets in my lifetime that I returned to the office where I found them.
I'm not saying Luck is 'required' to give the guy a fistful of greenbacks or whatever.. I know if I was as wealthy as him I would have given more than a football.

I don't think there's any obligation to give cash. That actually seems a bit ridiculous. Had he done nothing I'd feel warranted on calling him out, but this is pretty cool. It would have been nice to invite him to the stadium for a game or to meet the team at practice and take a few pictures, but there's no obligation to give cash for that. Would it have been nice? Sure, but seems ridiculous to think he's a bad dude if he doesn't give the guy 1000 dollars.

signed football and note would have been on ebay before the ink dried.

Signed bal or jersey and some good tix to a game seems like an adequate "thank you".

Regardless, the most entertaining thing about Andrew Luck is this parody Twitter account someone else runs using his likeness.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT