ADVERTISEMENT

Fins fans

What ruined the Dolphins was 72'. Screw that team and the continuous mess they have become. They long to be Jax and look up to the Bucs for the past 30 years. Til they get their ish together I will pay zero attention to that train wreck.

I wonder how many people will know what you are talking about. I know because my mom absolutely loved Larry Csonka

Warfield, Csonka and Kiick...basically gutted the offense. That “league” set the franchise back from 1975 until the early 80s...getting back to winning AFC titles and Super Bowl appearances in 82 and 85...

Last edited:
Reactions: Nole Daddy
What ruined the Dolphins was 72'. Screw that team and the continuous mess they have become. They long to be Jax and look up to the Bucs for the past 30 years. Til they get their ish together I will pay zero attention to that train wreck.

The Dolphins have the 5th best winning percentage in NFL history...Jax checks in at 29th and the Bucs check in at 32. So there is that....and Jacksonville needs to figure out how to win an AFC championship..let alone a Super Bowl. No longing here....trust.

Reactions: rion1
The curse was Jimmy Johnson!

The ex cane coach really stunk-up the Phins for years and years. We never got back to the winning ways of Coach Shula.

Everybody wanted Jimmy, including Jimmy himself. He really quit after three years, but Marino talked him into coming back, but only after Huizenga let him hire Dave Wannstedt. He lost is last game 62-7, showed up at his resignation press conference with his little dog Buttercup and bequeathed the Dolphins to Wannstedt. The rest is history. Jimmy was a disaster for the Dolphins and they have never recovered. Their last three front office hirings were an assistant GM from the Bucs, Tannenbaum from the Jets and McKenzie who put together one of the worst teams in history in Oakland. One bad decision after another from this team.

Reactions: FSUDoles
Warfield, Csonka and Kiick...basically gutted the offense. That “league” set the franchise back from 1975 until the early 80s...getting back to Winning AFC titles and Super Bowl appearances in 82 and 85...
My family was Dolphin season ticket holders back then. I really start remembering around 79 and I saw saw some great games. I was at what consider the greatest game ever when the Fins lost the Chargers in the playoffs. I still can’t stand Kellen Winslow to this day. Funny thing I still grew up a Cowboys fan because of Tony Dorsett, but have always likens the Fins.

Everybody wanted Jimmy, including Jimmy himself. He really quit after three years, but Marino talked him into coming back, but only after Huizenga let him hire Dave Wannstedt. He lost is last game 62-7, showed up at his resignation press conference with his little dog Buttercup and bequeathed the Dolphins to Wannstedt. The rest is history. Jimmy was a disaster for the Dolphins and they have never recovered. Their last three front office hirings were an assistant GM from the Bucs, Tannenbaum from the Jets and McKenzie who put together one of the worst teams in history in Oakland. One bad decision after another from this team.

Spot on...Stephen Ross with his unevenly divided love of Michigan and the Dolphins...have also contributed to this malaise of mediocrity.

Reactions: NoleLizards
No offense but Jax has been one of the worse franchises in the league for most of it’s existence. Same with the Bucs.

My family was Dolphin season ticket holders back then. I really start remembering around 79 and I saw saw some great games. I was at what consider the greatest game ever when the Fins lost the Chargers in the playoffs. I still can’t stand Kellen Winslow to this day. Funny thing I still grew up a Cowboys fan because of Tony Dorsett, but have always likens the Fins.

My dad got season tickets in 1970 which we kept in the fam for decades...and the rest was history for me. I was home on break from FSU for that San Diego playoff game....frickin’ Uve Von Schamann.

Spot on...Stephen Ross with his unevenly divided love of Michigan and the Dolphins...have also contributed to this malaise of mediocrity.
I was a loyal Dolfan for roughly a quarter century. Ross's mismanagement finally drove me off a few years back. I've been a man without a team since (have focused on Fantasy).

I think they are finally trying to do it right (and I am a season ticket holder) They are rebuilding from the ground up and if Rosen isn't the man, you grab another QB next year.

My dad got season tickets in 1970 which we kept in the fam for decades...and the rest was history for me. I was home on break from FSU for that San Diego playoff game....frickin’ Uve Von Schamann.
He was Ray Finkel. Like really was Ray Finkel.

I was a loyal Dolfan for roughly a quarter century. Ross's mismanagement finally drove me off a few years back. I've been a man without a team since (have focused on Fantasy).

Understand the indifference entirely...I still watch every game...but unlike in the past....when I expected them to win every single game...now....it’s a total coin toss, expecting a loss, surprised when they actually win. Mediocrity is the prevailing curse...not bad enough to get great players at the top of each round....it’s maddening. The one shot they had the passed on Matty Ice and took Jake Long....ugh.

I think they are finally trying to do it right (and I am a season ticket holder) They are rebuilding from the ground up and if Rosen isn't the man, you grab another QB next year.

I hope so....they’ve stuck with some really marginal QBs since Marino left....without drafting or acquiring a talented QB to challenge the incumbent....things have to change....not sure he is the guy, but a minimal investment cap wise seems like it was worth a shot.

I hope so....they’ve stuck with some really marginal QBs since Marino left....without drafting or acquiring a talented QB to challenge the incumbent....things have to change....not sure he is the guy, but a minimal investment cap wise seems like it was worth a shot.
I was excited when they acquired Daunte Culpepper...He was coming off an MVP-level season with the Vikings when he was healthy a couple of years previous.

Miami had two opportunities to get Drew Brees (in the draft and later in F.A.) and didn't.

I was excited when they acquired Daunte Culpepper...He was coming off an MVP-level season with the Vikings when he was healthy a couple of years previous.

Miami had two opportunities to get Drew Brees (in the draft and later in F.A.) and didn't.

That was on Saban...and it has set the franchise back for years and years....thanks Nick.

Reactions: NoleLizards
That was on Saban...and it has set the franchise back for years and years....thanks Nick.

The doctors advised against signing Brees. I’ve heard Saban say he would probably still be coaching the Dolphins had they signed Brees.

The doctors advised against signing Brees. I’ve heard Saban say he would probably still be coaching the Dolphins had they signed Brees.

Terry hated South Florida....but who knows...Saban also said he wouldn’t be the Alabama head coach....so I don’t exactly take him at his word.

ADVERTISEMENT