ADVERTISEMENT

Free Image Hosting?

alaskanseminole

Seminole Insider
Oct 20, 2002
Anyone have a good site for free image hosting and 3rd party posting. I've been using Photobucket forever, but now it seems they want $$$$ for me to post my sig block; not to mention all the dadgum ads. The pop-ups make the sight almost unusable.

Not interested in Photobucket for $399 a year?
13825439.gif

so imgur is the easy answer, however they indicate that hotlinking is against imgur's terms of service. Is it really the only/best alternative? It does allow imbed tho.

so imgur is the easy answer, however they indicate that hotlinking is against imgur's terms of service. Is it really the only/best alternative? It does allow imbed tho.
maybe I don't know what "hotlinking" is. My signature picture is on imgur... thousands of people use it to link on Reddit every day. ..

Interesting. The site came to my attention because when I found it they automatically generated the code for HTML, bbcode, etc for posting links to the images that would clearly be elsewhere.
Used to use it to make AARs for war games and occasionally to rehost an image from an article that I thought would get pulled or blocked eventually.
They've been trying for the last year or so to figure out how to monetize site traffic, so I wouldn't be surprised if the TOS changed. I've never read one.

I don't know about hotlinking or which one is better, but I occasionally use flickr when I post images here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT