ADVERTISEMENT

Friday night drinking thread

runkpanole

Seminole Insider
Nov 17, 2002
What you going with? Currently a nice stout by the fire. The stout is Stargazing in the 8th State. Quality brew.

Reactions: BrianNole777
Had one of these for the first time last weekend. REALLY good and 11%ABV.

New-Holland-Dragons-Milk-Reserve-Smores-.jpg

Nothing.
But I did have a beer flavored water (AKA Mich Ultra) when I went to a Mexican Restaurant with my sister. Not much of a drinker.
Captivating news. Some people are just downright lightweights and end up dancing on a bar counter after one too many Shirley Temples. The Hurricanes are coming to Tally this year. That's FANTASTIC! :cool:

Reactions: BrianNole777
Probably around 120, though the Islays in particular taste a lot less hot to me than a barrel strength bourbon like Booker's, which I attribute to the intensity of the peat and brine.
I have little experience with scotch but what I do have is that the taste profiles are wide and varied. I can't handle the overly peaty varieties. Many of the others taste like Canadian blends to me.

I've been drinking the high proof bourbons for so long that even most 85-90 proof bottles seem light. Bottles in my cabinet range from ~135-120.

I have little experience with scotch but what I do have is that the taste profiles are wide and varied. I can't handle the overly peaty varieties. Many of the others taste like Canadian blends to me.

I've been drinking the high proof bourbons for so long that even most 85-90 proof bottles seem light. Bottles in my cabinet range from ~135-120.

What are the differences between scotch and bourbon?

Missed this last night, but it went something like this...
* Get home from work, pour a couple of ounces of Tears of Llorona; sip that
* Go order takeout from the restaurant at the brewhouse, have a pint of one of their IPAs while I wait
* Bonfire after dinner, had two beers while sitting around it - a Sunshine City IPA (Green Bench Brewing, St Pete) and a Little Gem (Dade City Brewhouse) - a wheat ale infused with kumquat

Reactions: DFSNOLE
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT