ADVERTISEMENT

FSU soccer defeats Miami 1-0

Bob Ferrante

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Staff
May 10, 2022
Via Florida State sports information:

The No. 7 Florida State soccer team (8-0-2) extended its win streak to seven with a 1-0 win over Miami (3-5-2) in Coral Gables. The win extended the Seminoles’ unbeaten streak to 19, the second longest winning streak in school history. Florida State is also unbeaten through 10 games for the fifth time in school history.

Not much was going on in the first half as the two teams combined for three shots and only one goal. The second half was a different game as the Garnet and Gold had five shots of their own and two on goal, resulting in the game's only goal.

In the 48th minute, Maria Alagoa was fouled in the 18-yard box after Jody Brown slipped a pass into her. Heather Payne stepped to the penalty spot and drilled it for her second PK make of the season. Miami only got off three shots and two on goal, both resulting in a Mia Justus save, bringing her save total to 10 on the season.

The Seminoles dominated possession once again, finishing with a 65-35 advantage.

UP NEXT:

Florida State hits the road next week for a pair of matches at Virginia (October 6) and at Notre Dame (October 9).

• Love
Reactions: NoleLizards
Missing Jenna was huge in a negative way. She is the straw that stirs the drink.
A majority of our poor offensive game can certainly be traced to the absence of Jenna, but not all.
We simply had our worst passing tonight. Lauren Flynn, who has struggled at times this year with her passing, had her worst passing game IMO.
Others too were not connecting passes.
I assume that with or without Jenna, we'll rebound and have a better game against UVA on Thursday.
Hopefully this is one of those 1 off games that happen occasionally.
It seemed to my untrained eye that Heather came closest to replacing JN. JMHO.
I'm expecting a much better game next time out.

Reactions: Noles61
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT