ADVERTISEMENT

FSU soccer is the No. 1 seed in NCAA Tournament

Pitt as a 4 seed is a pretty tough draw for the #1 overall seed.

FSU and Notre Dame are #1 seeds. FSU beat Pitt 1-0. Pitt beat Notre Dame 3-1 in the regular season and in the ACC tournament Notre Dame needed penalty kicks to eliminate Pitt.

Pitt as a 4 seed is a pretty tough draw for the #1 overall seed.

FSU and Notre Dame are #1 seeds. FSU beat Pitt 1-0. Pitt beat Notre Dame 3-1 in the regular season and in the ACC tournament Notre Dame needed penalty kicks to eliminate Pitt.
Notre Dame's is the Bracket of Death IMO... It includes UNC, Stanford, BYU, Santa Clara, and Georgia! 😮

Alabama’s looks pretty tough as well - #2 Duke, #3 South Carolina, #4 USC, #5 UC Irvine

USC just beat #1 and undefeated UCLA for the PAC12 championship
UCLA was not undefeated. They lost to Stanford earlier and Stanford are the PAC 12 champs.

Reactions: NoleLizards
UCLA was not undefeated. They lost to Stanford earlier and Stanford are the PAC 12 champs.
Interesting, I thought I read UCLA was undefeated at the time and just assumed it was for a PAC-12 championship. I didn’t realize the PAC-12 doesn’t play a post season tournament.

@ariya_massoudi
Glad to hear that you will be doing the call Friday. What are your thoughts on the bracket? Do you agree that ND should have taken a 1 seed over UNC? That surprised me but glad to see that they put both in the same bracket so we would only face one. Duke may be one to watch in their bracket. Last, was the yellow on roque legitimate and did Pensky address it? I’ve never seen that before. Thanks for your coverage.

Reactions: NoleLizards
@ariya_massoudi
Glad to hear that you will be doing the call Friday. What are your thoughts on the bracket? Do you agree that ND should have taken a 1 seed over UNC? That surprised me but glad to see that they put both in the same bracket so we would only face one. Duke may be one to watch in their bracket. Last, was the yellow on roque legitimate and did Pensky address it? I’ve never seen that before. Thanks for your coverage.
Overall thoughts were:

-FSU deserves a ton of credit for the way the finished the year and earned the No. 1 overall seed (went from No. 5 and the first 2-seed all the way to the front of the pack, credit Pensky and the ladies.)
-The bracket sets up well for the Noles to make it back to the College Cup. LSU will be a physical and tough potential 2nd round game and Arkansas intrigues me, as does Pitt as the No. 4. St. Louis has been the cinderella of the sport this season and remind of BYU from last year. FSU should be fine and expect to win at home until the Semis. UNC will be a tough out if it indeed becomes a trilogy. Would be a fascinating match up on their home turf essentially in Cary.
- I definitely think ND is better than UNC and will make a deep run, but I do understand the Heels getting the nod due to ACC Regular Season title and making to Tourney Title game. The two teams didn’t play head to head this year. RPIs were marginal (4 vs. 5) and let’s be honest, they will get benefit of doubt and some bias due to their history.
- It was certainly a weird call, I guess delay of game on Roque? But then just stop the clock imo. I don’t really know what the ref was thinking and Pensky didn’t address it. Luckily it amounted to nothing, but definitely strange a curious to give UNC a indirect free kick at that stage of the game.

Yes, this bracket is in direct contrast to the one we drew in 18.
In 18 we played in order Loyola Chicago typical 1st round puff, USF a decent 2nd round foe,
then USC in the 16 (they were waaaay under rated) They should have been an elite 8 foe.
Penn State, Stanford and UNC.

So should we be concerned about the weather affecting the game tomorrow??

Yes, this bracket is in direct contrast to the one we drew in 18.
In 18 we played in order Loyola Chicago typical 1st round puff, USF a decent 2nd round foe,
then USC in the 16 (they were waaaay under rated) They should have been an elite 8 foe.
Penn State, Stanford and UNC.
That was a crazy gauntlet in 18! Forgot about that.
Anything can happen but the 22 draw looks about as good as it could be compared to the other brackets. I know some are worried about the CC semi with UNC/ND, however we only have to play 1 of them. And obviously there are no easy matches the further you go in the bracket anyway 😀. Looking forward to seeing the team play and hope they have luck on their side when they need it!

ADVERTISEMENT