FSU vs ND post game thread

miami seminole

Mar 29, 2002
La Quinta, CA
This appears to be a different (improved) Seminole football team. Still too many mistakes / penalties in the first half, several blown coverages. However we didn't fold, we fought to the end and made improvements in the second half. Milton showed flashes of the player he was three years ago. Our running game was impressive against one of the better defenses.

I think there is legitimate cause for optimism for this season.

I for one am excited with what i saw tonight.

~ROAD WARRIOR~

Freshman
Oct 9, 2003
I really thought we were the better team. Even with the interceptions, our guys turned it up. If we made one more field goal, we take it. Going for it on 4th down gave them a very short field. And our Defense in the 4th was outstanding!

93nole99

Walk-on
Mar 29, 2002
Despite some frustrating offensive penalties and three interceptions, we held our own offensively. We managed to have more total yards than the Irish, We had a better 3rd down conversion percentage; ran more offensive plays; had more total first downs,; and, we punted less. I don't think many of us expected a close game, but it ended up with one that we could have won.

Pretty clear we need an answer to stopping the pass rush. Won't matter who we play at QB if we can't protect better.

CC0492

Seminole Insider
Apr 1, 2002
I'm surprised we had ball snapping issues for 4 quarters. Many off target or on the ground that ruined many plays! Just another OL problem to fix.

Overall, great game played with great effort. Can't wait to see next week's game, if it's televised.

Latest posts