Hopefully I’ll come home and sleep until sometime on Saturday afternoon 😴

Reactions: evgoodwin

nolepaul23

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
May 26, 2002
Yay it’s time for my colonoscopy!
Hopefully I’ll come home and sleep until sometime on Saturday afternoon 😴
It won't be that bad. The hard part will be prepping tomorrow. Word of advice.... stay home and stay close to the bathroom, whatever you do.

GeddyLee09

Veteran Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 10, 2005
I thought I would drink that stuff and be able to run out and do a few errands before it started working. I was wrong.
It was bad planning on my part but I just went out for 15 minutes or so to get "powerade" and something to eat. Long story short I sat in a parking lot next to a porta john for two hours until I was sure Id make it home. Not my finest hour. Wife thought it was hilarious though.

noleology

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
200.gif

F4Gary

Gold Member
Sep 7, 2001
Grapevine, Tx
Not sure why you are posting that on here. Had mine last month and had Covid 3 days later.

aawash

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Dec 24, 2005
Stafford VA
During my last trip to be put under for the colonoscopy, the anesthesiologist was trying to calm my nerves by saying the doctor had the finest training from Harvard and the University of Florida---I said "Yeah, but he is still a friggin' Gator!"---my gastro doctor (a good guy) smiled and said okay, forget about lubricating the instruments!

overthemoon

All-ACC
Gold Member
Dec 11, 2021
As annoying as the prepping for a colonoscopy is, at least you're asleep during the procedure.
IMO, a sigmoidoscopy is worse. Although less "invasive," you undergo 20 minutes of tube work
wide awake and miserable. (lol: TMI?)

GeddyLee09

Veteran Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 10, 2005
Yes, both of us got it and got over it. My sense of smell is coming back. Mrs. F4 never got any of the clot shots and had milder symptoms than I did. Wasn't bad for either of us.
Whole family got it after returning from Europe. Two got tested cause they work at a hospital and had mild symptoms, wife was positive too and had fairly mild symptoms except for a cough. I had no symptoms but passed on the test. I think they all just had the crud but now its called covid.

F4Gary

Gold Member
Sep 7, 2001
Grapevine, Tx
Whole family got it after returning from Europe. Two got tested cause they work at a hospital and had mild symptoms, wife was positive too and had fairly mild symptoms except for a cough. I had no symptoms but passed on the test. I think they all just had the crud but now its called covid.
I did test positive at home, but never went to the doc or reported it. Just kept taking D3, zinc, and the rest of my vitamins.

thejourney

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Nov 16, 2021
I got to do the intestinal triple play this year. Colonoscopy, endoscopy and since neither reaches the middle I got to swallow a camera for kicks :)

Reactions: DFSNOLE and goldmom

AllNoles

Gold Member
Nov 25, 2002
Tallahassee
During my last trip to be put under for the colonoscopy, the anesthesiologist was trying to calm my nerves by saying the doctor had the finest training from Harvard and the University of Florida---I said "Yeah, but he is still a friggin' Gator!"---my gastro doctor (a good guy) smiled and said okay, forget about lubricating the instruments!
Ha! I had a damn Bama anesthesiologist last December for my first sx post accident. He walked in with a Bama doo rag on and I immediately yelled WAR DAMN EAGLE (my kid graduated AU and that was the first thing I thought of in my drugged state). He cracked up and said "Are you sure that's how you want to start your discussion with the guy who is responsible for keeping you asleep the next ten hours?"

I immediately apologized and said Roll Elephant.

Reactions: aawash

Dr. Nole

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2002
Had both the endoscopy and the colonoscopy 2 weeks ago Friday...fun growing up isn't it!?

Reactions: goldmom

Latest posts