ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia????

fsufool

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
New Hampshire
www.shaferfinancial.com
In the pre-season I started a thread wondering if this season was a critical juncture for the dogs.
They had a 3 year starter at QB, elite players all over the field and were returning a dominating OL.

They had a good, but not great season and failed to make the playoffs again. Their offense was pedestrian at best. And now they might lose their OL coach and the DC. Will their QB return for a 4th year starting? And they are facing tougher and tougher competition in their division.

So, going forward do the natives get restless?
Does the pressure go on Kirby to win the NC?
Do we see them start to fall off with recruiting?
Do we see some more regular season losses?

Have they lost momentum?

It's always the same for them. Bridesmaids. May as well bring Richt back. You must wonder if Justin Fields could have made a difference? Same goes for Hurts if he does not leave bamer.

They still have a load of talent, but Kirby seems to be underachieving at this point. They have benefited from the East being terrible especially at QB.

UGA fans will never get over letting Fields go. A decision that will loam over Kirby for a long time. If these coaches end up leaving, we could have seen the best results of his tenure. Not saying they will fall off the map, but will only make getting over the hump that much harder.

They have gone a few years getting pretty much any recruit that Bama doesn't get. It has hurt us. So, when they lose momentum, it is good for us.
Yes. They are an SEC elite making a lot more conference money than ACC, recruit dirty, and cycle PEDs. What are we going to do about that?

In the pre-season I started a thread wondering if this season was a critical juncture for the dogs.
They had a 3 year starter at QB, elite players all over the field and were returning a dominating OL.

They had a good, but not great season and failed to make the playoffs again. Their offense was pedestrian at best. And now they might lose their OL coach and the DC. Will their QB return for a 4th year starting? And they are facing tougher and tougher competition in their division.

So, going forward do the natives get restless?
Does the pressure go on Kirby to win the NC?
Do we see them start to fall off with recruiting?
Do we see some more regular season losses?

Have they lost momentum?
I would think we should be able to negative recruit against Kirby. He has now shown he cannot develop elite talent. Norvell needs to play this up and our need for players at ALL positions especially OL.
Good point OP.

In fairness to Georgia, which I find painful living up here, they suffered a rash of injuries on offense this year. Having said that, letting Fields leave was a horrendous decision. Maybe they tried to get him to stay, but I guess the incident with the baseball player couldn't be overcome. Saw Fields play in high school up here, and even then, you knew someone would be getting a stud QB.

Reactions: FSUfan1973
ADVERTISEMENT