ADVERTISEMENT

give me your second choice for dinner/hotel in Tallahassee

wbnolefan2

Seminole Insider
Jan 23, 2017
I know everyone raves about the Prince Murat and Nicholson's, but just for discussion's sake help me with the best fine dining for a 25th anniversary dinner as well as accomodations in Tally

Il Lusso is amazing. Everything was perfect.
I’ve heard good things about the AC Marriott at Cascades Park. Other than that no hotel really separates itself imo.
Happy Anniversary!

Reactions: Random_John
I don’t know if anything. I’ve been 2-3 “nice” restaurants in Tally and thought all of them were below average restaurants in any other city. Tally can do mid-level food decent enough not sure why they struggle with upscale dining guess not enough traffic to justify it.

Reactions: Dhersh
I don’t know if anything. I’ve been 2-3 “nice” restaurants in Tally and thought all of them were below average restaurants in any other city. Tally can do mid-level food decent enough not sure why they struggle with upscale dining guess not enough traffic to justify it.
Yea we have alot of just ok nothing special unfortunately.

What’s your opinion on il Lusso?

Reactions: Random_John
It’s all a matter of perspective. We moved from Tally over to some rural acreage in Gadsden County last year. Tallahassee seems loaded with good restaurants compared to where we live now.

But it does seem that Tally’s dining is a bit limited compared to other cities of similar size, especially high end dining.

These aren’t super high end, but I like Backwoods Crossing and Harry’s.

For a casual date, my wife and I enjoy Longhorn Steaks, Grub Burger, and Decent Pizza.

What’s your opinion on il Lusso?
Haven’t been there yet. I’ll give it a shot though but don’t eat a lot of Italian food when i go out. I’ve been to one Italian place in Tally but it was years ago. Recall it being in a strip mall and decent but it’s been a long time.

Last edited:
It’s all a matter of perspective. We moved from Tally over to some rural acreage in Gadsden County last year. Tallahassee seems loaded with good restaurants compared to where we live now.

But it does seem that Tally’s dining is a bit limited compared to other cities of similar size, especially high end dining.

These aren’t super high end, but I like Backwoods Crossing and Harry’s.

For a casual date, my wife and I enjoy Longhorn Steaks, Grub Burger, and Decent Pizza.
I’ve had several good meals at nicer casual places in Tally. That’s really improved over the past 5 years or so.

Haven’t been there yet. I’ll give it a shot though but don’t eat a lot of Italian food when i go out. I’ve been to one Italian place in Tally but it was years ago. Recall it being in a strip mall and decent but it’s been a long time.
Italian in name only. They do everything good. Best steak I’ve ever had. And I can’t believe I’m saying that.

Reactions: PopsNole
My parents' house.

Oh did you mean for you?

I always go to 347 when I'm in town. Not the Palm, Bern's or even Ruth's Chris but its a good steak. Hostesses are generally snotty though.

Italian in name only. They do everything good. Best steak I’ve ever had. And I can’t believe I’m saying that.
I'll need to try it out then. My neighbors are from Australia and don't get the college football thing at all so we're taking them up for a game this season. I'll make reservations there and give it a shot. Based on the menu, it looks like a place that knows what they're doing.

Reactions: ChiefWB
My sister - no pics (FSU BS/MA) was in shock when I drove her around Tally last week and she saw how it’s changed.
Didn’t do any high end dining but settled for Momo’s which she loved and then we stopped on the way back from Destin and had early dinner at El Jalisco. The food there is decent too.
Very different than her undergrad days in the 70’s.

My sister - no pics (FSU BS/MA) was in shock when I drove her around Tally last week and she saw how it’s changed.
Didn’t do any high end dining but settled for Momo’s which she loved and then we stopped on the way back from Destin and had early dinner at El Jalisco. The food there is decent too.
Thank you for sharing your culinary itinerary with us. Did you utilize "The Green Book" in your travels abroad? Asking for a friend.

Thank you for sharing your culinary itinerary with us. Did you utilize "The Green Book" in your travels abroad? Asking for a friend.
No but I’ve had the misfortune to dine at one or two establishments that made me feel green. 🤢

Reactions: MagNoleA
Younger? We can extrapolate from there. Thanks.

• Haha
Reactions: Pimpanolie

Restaurants That Didn't Pass the First Inspection​

Younger? We can extrapolate from there. Thanks.
kid-snot.gif

Blu Halo, I’ll Lusso, Savour, Sage, and Z Bardhi’s are all excellent fine dining choices. Would be really good restaurants in any city.

Savour
Il Lusso
Rootstock
Lucilla
Mimi's Table

Food Glorious Food
Sage
Clusters & Hops
Blu Halo
Backwoods Crossing
Chucks Fish
Giorgio's
Charlie Park

Reactions: tk2020
We ended up staying at the AC marriott - in one of their rooms that has a balcony overlooking the cascades park fountain splash pad and walking trail...very nice

Food - we hit Backwoods crossing when we got to town, Sushi at Chuck's Friday night and Il Lusso for dinner saturday night - all were great! Il Lusso lacked a little atmosphere in my opinion for a romantic type dinner but food was excellent

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Reactions: ChiefWB and dero316
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT