ADVERTISEMENT

Glaring mistakes in movies, esp. sports films

I thought that was supposed to be set in Ft. Lauderdale? It was the time Ft. Lauderdale was still the Spring Break hot spot of the country. Didn't they go to all the famous places like Summers on the Beach, Penrods, etc? Those were all Ft. Lauderdale stalwarts.

Nope it was St Pete they even went to landmarks on the beach and filmed in the hood of St Pete

Don't notice it as much in sports movies; but war movies are famous for glaring mistakes. I am not talking about things like a grenade going off and killing 30 people but the most basic things like era of the equipment and not changing a magazine after firing 1000 rounds. The media print/cable is really bad at this too. If I had a dollar for every time I heard the media state a basic fact wrong I would be rich. Here is a simple common one reporter talking about the 101st Airborne and stating how they jump out of planes etc. A simple google search would tell anyone the the 101st hasn't been an airborne division in close to 40 years.

One Mrs BFT thought of was from the movie "The Air Up There". Kevin Bacon is in a pick up game with a smart ass recruit they are trying to get to come to their college. Bacon puts his move on saying something about how it is the 4th qtr and time is running out. There is of course no 4th qtr in men's college basketball.

One Mrs BFT thought of was from the movie "The Air Up There". Kevin Bacon is in a pick up game with a smart ass recruit they are trying to get to come to their college. Bacon puts his move on saying something about how it is the 4th qtr and time is running out. There is of course no 4th qtr in men's college basketball.

There is in most high school ball though.

ADVERTISEMENT