ADVERTISEMENT

GOD is GOOD!

12Nole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Nov 21, 2013
Beautiful Saturday morning. I just finished a nice workout full of calisthenics (jumping jacks, push ups, sit ups, and body squats) finished off with a two mile walk. I’m going to make a spinach/strawberry smoothie with almond milk (sorry California).

What are your plans for this weekend? I’m heading to Home Depot this afternoon, just going to browse though, not really in the market for anything.

I had a pretty good night's sleep. I woke up and had a great workout. Then I had my Bible reading time and had a couple of grapefruits for breakfast. Went to church and got it cleaned up for service tomorrow. Now my wife and I are trying to figure out if we want to make homemade pizza for dinner.

Beautiful Saturday morning. I just finished a nice workout full of calisthenics (jumping jacks, push ups, sit ups, and body squats) finished off with a two mile walk. I’m going to make a spinach/strawberry smoothie with almond milk (sorry California).

What are your plans for this weekend? I’m heading to Home Depot this afternoon, just going to browse though, not really in the market for anything.

The Gym (Fitness) + Nutrition (Healthy Eating) makes the garbage going on in this Country now bearable. Discipline beats motivation. My newest thing which is working great for me is mushroom coffee give it a shot.

Reactions: 12Nole
Nobody’s getting psyched up for this?

Reactions: 12Nole and DFSNOLE
Reactions: fredfarkle336
My newest thing which is working great for me is mushroom coffee give it a shot.
Preferred brand?
Experience?

mushroom-coffee.png

Reactions: Noles_FSU
I had a pretty good night's sleep. I woke up and had a great workout. Then I had my Bible reading time and had a couple of grapefruits for breakfast. Went to church and got it cleaned up for service tomorrow. Now my wife and I are trying to figure out if we want to make homemade pizza for dinner.

What was your workout? Where we’re you in the Bible this morning?

Homemade pizza is fun. Do it!

Reactions: BrianNole777
The Gym (Fitness) + Nutrition (Healthy Eating) makes the garbage going on in this Country now bearable. Discipline beats motivation. My newest thing which is working great for me is mushroom coffee give it a shot.

Ain’t that the truth. I like to get a good sweat in the morning, shower, a coffee and some light reading. Best way to start the day if you ask me.

Had my coffee, read the WSJ, walked the dog, watching Barron’s Roundtable on Fox BUSINESS Channel, read my emails.
Gym later and PBS tonight.
Yawn.

A goodnight rest is important. I have trouble getting a full night of sleep but if I can supplement it with a 30 minute nap during the day then I’m fine. Cut out reading emails over the weekend and the television (especially opinion news).

Nobody’s getting psyched up for this?
An ugly win is better than a pretty loss.

My guess is that not many of you guys are 70+ in age. My day started with coffee-just regular old medium roast, Bible reading, sausage and eggs prepared by my beautiful wife, then a nap. Followed by a quick walk outside to "nah, it's way too cold" and back inside. Did watch the basketball game and while it was tough at times, at least we hung in for the win.

Preferred brand?
Experience?

mushroom-coffee.png
I am on my second bag of LOKO Nature Mushroom Coffee, I like the energy and focus from it. It is actually low on caffeine but loaded with 5 different mushrooms. The caffeine is only 60mg. This is an instant organic energy booster coffee. It's also called Tiger 5 Mushroom Coffee. Look it up on Amazon that is where I purchase it. I even add a scoop to a regular cup of coffee also because the Caffeine content is so low. I have also used 4 Sigmatic Think Mushroom coffee w/Lions Mane mushrooms for my coffee maker which I like as well. I have not experienced the caffeine crash you get from regular coffee with the mushroom coffee's. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Noles_FSU
A goodnight rest is important. I have trouble getting a full night of sleep but if I can supplement it with a 30 minute nap during the day then I’m fine. Cut out reading emails over the weekend and the television (especially opinion news).
Exactly stopped watching what use to be called news years ago, it is all strictly opinion and nothing factual anymore. Whatever agenda they have is what they push.

Last edited:
My guess is that not many of you guys are 70+ in age. My day started with coffee-just regular old medium roast, Bible reading, sausage and eggs prepared by my beautiful wife, then a nap. Followed by a quick walk outside to "nah, it's way too cold" and back inside. Did watch the basketball game and while it was tough at times, at least we hung in for the win.
Turned 80 this year. Your day sounds like mine. I was at FSU when Peterson was the coach. Go Noles.

Coffee (whole bean Tanzanian pea berry), no breakfast as I don't eat before 12. go for a walk or bike ride, watch football, work on some furniture later after lunch. Same thing on Sunday except will bbq if its nice. No church, news or papers, less clutter that way.

Peterson was a good coach, but I lived for his Golden Flake potato chip commercials on his Sunday tv show. Pete simply was NOT good in front of a tv camera.
I was with my boyfriend/hubby in the downstairs lounge at Salley Hall along with about a dozen of his teammates when the first Golden Flake ad came on during Coach Pete’s TV show. Seeing that many big football players literally on the floor laughing is something I still can’t get out of my head.

I was with my boyfriend/hubby in the downstairs lounge at Salley Hall along with about a dozen of his teammates when the first Golden Flake ad came on during Coach Pete’s TV show. Seeing that many big football players literally on the floor laughing is something I still can’t get out of my head.

My favorite was when he opened a bag to eat one, and the whole bag spilled out all over him. Cool and calm to the end, he never missed a beat, grabbed one to eat, and stuck it in his ear. 😆

Your comments made me laugh and remember his commercials. They were funny. Thanks for the laugh.

Coach Pete was also renowned for his malapropisms as well, such as:

In a pre-game meeting before his first game as Oiler coach: Gentlemen, I want you to focus on one word this season. One word and one word only. And that word is Super Bowl.

Like two ships crashing in the night.

Telling a captain before a game: Son, why don't you lead us in a few worlds of silent prayer.

I want you guys to line up in alphabetical order, by height.

When asked if he thought it would rain before a game, he asked the reporter: What, do I look like a geologist to you?

ADVERTISEMENT