ADVERTISEMENT

Gold jacket Line

CarlsbadNole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Mar 29, 2002
How many times have you all heard this line over the last week?

"can you picture him in a gold jacket?"

Some GM started this one liner this year and just about every podcaster/analyst has repeated it over and over again.

Reactions: JohnnieHolmesNole
This post would be the first time I’ve heard it

Reactions: NYC Nole
Never heard it either. But I will admit to being 10+ years behind most trends.

Some GM started this one liner this year and just about every podcaster/analyst has repeated it over and over again.

Right up there with “physicality,” which is my personal pet peeve. It frequently has no application to what is happening on the field, but Herbstreit and all of the rest let it rip.

Reactions: fsu7372
Perhaps his "catch radius" will help Tate get drafted? Or will his "fast twitch muscles" hold him back? It is remarkable how all this has evolved around an event that is like watching a graduation ceremony on live TV.

Reactions: JohnnieHolmesNole

The first I’d heard it was after the combine. I’m a Giants fan and it was the Giants GM Dave Gettleman who said it when asked what he was looking for in the 2nd overall pick. He had said that with that pick you want to get a guy who you could one day see donning that gold jacket. Now I hear everyone saying it.

Reactions: CarlsbadNole
The first I’d heard it was after the combine. I’m a Giants fan and it was the Giants GM Dave Gettleman who said it when asked what he was looking for in the 2nd overall pick. He had said that with that pick you want to get a guy who you could one day see donning that gold jacket. Now I hear everyone saying it.

The genesis has maybe been found bravo!

Reactions: Joe-sceola
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT