NoleinATL

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Oct 29, 2006
I know it is early for an NBA thread

but damn:

For those with a weak stomach, look away

DMYyRrkVQAEQ2GD.jpg

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21057093/gordon-hayward-suffers-leg-injury-boston-celtics-debut

Feel really bad for him. First 5 minutes with a new team that has a legit shot at winning the East and that happens. Paul George came back from a similar injury but it will be a whole year recovery pretty much. Looks like Kyrie gets to try and carry the team, let's see how well that goes for Boston.

Feel really bad for him. First 5 minutes with a new team that has a legit shot at winning the East and that happens. Paul George came back from a similar injury but it will be a whole year recovery pretty much. Looks like Kyrie gets to try and carry the team, let's see how well that goes for Boston.
Paul George had a fractured tibia but not a dislocated ankle as well. I imagine the extent of the ligament and tendon damage in his ankle will be more of a determining factor for the recovery timeline.

I have clearly done something to anger the sports gods:

*FSU season becomes meaningless a couple of weeks in
*Red Sox flame out in ALDS
*Bucs stumbling out of the gate, JW injured & questionable
*Celtics season becomes meaningless less than half way through 1st quarter of the first game

The Lightning are off to a good start, recordwise - but their defense is lousy

That sucked to see for sure. Feel terrible for the guy and the team. Ainge is really trying to build something and to see one of your stars go down so early is rough.

The video was brutal. Images look bad but when he went over backwards in the video you knew he wasn't going to walk it off.

I haven't been able to make myself watch the video yet. Not sure if I can from what I have heard from others.

Time to see what Tatum has in the tank.

Years ago my wife broke her ankle and leg, and her foot was facing the wrong way. I don't need to see the video, I've seen it before.

Awful injury, feel terrible for GH and the team.

There's very little silver lining to be taken from an injury like this, but if this helps Jaylen and Jayson grow up a bit faster, the Celts could be something really interesting next season.

Was really looking forward to seeing the Celts compete at a high level this season and give a Cavs a run for their $.

I have clearly done something to anger the sports gods:

*FSU season becomes meaningless a couple of weeks in
*Red Sox flame out in ALDS
*Bucs stumbling out of the gate, JW injured & questionable
*Celtics season becomes meaningless less than half way through 1st quarter of the first game

The Lightning are off to a good start, recordwise - but their defense is lousy
You've still got the World Cup to look forward to...

My Dad broke his leg the same way in a skiing fall. Binding didn't let go and when I got to him, he was facing uphill and his ski boot, with ski still attached, was facing downhill. Butterfly bread of the big bone just above the ankle, and also broke the little bone up just below his knee. He was in a cast for 6 months.

Felt horrible about this, thankfully I was at an event and was taping it so missed it live. When I heard of it I immediately thought of Len Bias' tragic death, not sure why because that's comparing apples to oranges.

When I was playing college soccer (early 1980s), one of my teammates broke his leg severely in a game. I was about 15 feet away, and can still remember the sound as if it just happened.
He tried to slide tackle a guy, came down awkwardly, and snapped the leg mid-shin. About halfway between his knee & his ankle, the lower half of his leg was at about a 45 degree ankle from where it was supposed to be. The guy from the other team & I got to him at the same time, the other guy promptly turned & threw up. I was talking to him, trying to reassure him that he'd be ok. He asked me if I thought it was broken, I told him "I don't know, maybe, they'll probably x-ray it." :D

Reactions: DMoriarty
ADVERTISEMENT