ADVERTISEMENT

Happy Fourth of July

goldmom

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Jacksonville
to my Warchant Family!
Enjoy the day with family and friends, eat entirely too much, enjoy your adult beverages, and be glad that in spite of whatever differences we may have about issues or current events, THIS IS STILL THE MOST KICKASS PLACE TO LIVE ON THE PLANET.

At my house, we're doing baby back ribs, baked beans, coleslaw, tomato and cucumber salad, and fresh corn.
Cold Watermelon and carrot cake or chocolate cake for those who still have room left.

And dodging raindrops like we've been doing for the last three weeks here in NoFla.
Love y'all and God Bless America, dammit!!

b5ae0ded5544294431733079bb211fb5.gif

Happy Birthday America! We are are moving on from Lake Charles, LA to Baton Rouge. If the rain lets up, the little one and I will watch fireworks over the Mississippi.

to my Warchant Family!
Enjoy the day with family and friends, eat entirely too much, enjoy your adult beverages, and be glad that in spite of whatever differences we may have about issues or current events, THIS IS STILL THE MOST KICKASS PLACE TO LIVE ON THE PLANET.

At my house, we're doing baby back ribs, baked beans, coleslaw, tomato and cucumber salad, and fresh corn.
Cold Watermelon and carrot cake or chocolate cake for those who still have room left.

And dodging raindrops like we've been doing for the last three weeks here in NoFla.
Sounds like All American grub! Happy 4th to all y’all.

Reactions: goldmom
Trying to make the best of it but it’s been a rough 4 weeks. My retina detached back in June 11th and I’ve had 2 surgeries and numerous visits to the er since. Can’t see anything yet and just hoping to turn the corner. To make things worse my wife’s dog died during all of this. My father in law will be setting off fireworks for my son to watch while I sit inside resting the eye. Happy 4th

Trying to make the best of it but it’s been a rough 4 weeks. My retina detached back in June 11th and I’ve had 2 surgeries and numerous visits to the er since. Can’t see anything yet and just hoping to turn the corner. To make things worse my wife’s dog died during all of this. My father in law will be setting off fireworks for my son to watch while I sit inside resting the eye. Happy 4th
Dang, Spearhead. I hope you SEE better days soon. Hang tuff, Nole.

Sorry to hear it. Whatever they tell you to do, DO IT. A buddy of mine was pretty cavalier about following directions, and, well, it did not end well for him. Wishing you the best.

Reactions: DFSNOLE and goldmom
to my Warchant Family!

You are rocking Goldie!!

Sorry to hear - hope it gets better. But on the bright side, you have a great start to a country and western song.

Gosh, so sorry to hear this, Spear.
Take care of yourself and we all hope for the best!

Reactions: JohnnieHolmesNole
Have finished my 36th straight Peachtree Road Race without dying; currently working through a variety pack of Blue Moons to get sloshed for tonight's Atlanta United game.
Well done sir. I raise a Mango Wit from Proof Brewing in Tally as a sign of respect for your longtime streak!

Reactions: seminoleed
tumblr_m7uesh87a41rw7y79o1_500.jpg

I watched the entire cornhole event and this was all I could think of.

You thought that was bad? Did you see the “Spikeball” championship after that? Wth? Stupid whitebro “sport” with such a low level of diversity it makes NASCAR and lacrosse like look like Benneton and community college ads.

599032bc07000e04832760c2256d3a48.jpg

DSC06825.jpg

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ggmike1992
Ages of the Founding Fathers on July 4, 1776:
James Monroe, 18
Aaron Burr, 20
Alexander Hamilton, 21
James Madison, 25
Thomas Jefferson, 33
John Adams, 40
Paul Revere, 41
George Washington, 44

Saw this on the twitter thing.
Monroe, Hamilton, and Madison were doing shots of 151 proof firewater well into the wee hours. Jefferson tried one, then decided to sip on a nice frothy ale instead and was in bed by 2am. Washington fell asleep on the back porch before midnight with a bourbon in one hand and a cigar dangling from the other.

James Monroe, 18
Aaron Burr, 20
Alexander Hamilton, 21
James Madison, 25
Thomas Jefferson, 33
John Adams, 40
Paul Revere, 41
George Washington, 44

I literally had no idea some were so young or that there was such a wide age range. Thanks for posting this!

Wow. Thank God the cell phone hadn't been invented yet. :cool:

Meanwhile good ole Benji Franklin was 70 at that time. Enjoying life in a swingers club called the Hellfire Club in London just the year before, he was in Paris eagerly boinking some Parisian courtesans a third his age.

Last edited:
James Monroe, 18
Aaron Burr, 20
Alexander Hamilton, 21
James Madison, 25
Thomas Jefferson, 33
John Adams, 40
Paul Revere, 41
George Washington, 44

I had no idea - I always assumed they were 30s and up. Must be the wigs.

Reactions: noleclone2
Yeah. Maybe I should start listening to the millennials at work?

Nah.

Hah! But you raise an interesting issue. Of course all Americans now think it was right to start and join the revolution. But I wonder if at the time we would’ve felt the same. Could you have given up relative comfort and security to follow a group of twenty-somethings trying to overthrow the government? It must’ve been quite a decision, and less than half were openly supportive.
What an amazing time.

Life expectancy from 1750-1800 was only 36 years old so some of them were not that young comparatively. That number is skewed some by the infant mortality rate.

Hah! But you raise an interesting issue. Of course all Americans now think it was right to start and join the revolution. But I wonder if at the time we would’ve felt the same. Could you have given up relative comfort and security to follow a group of twenty-somethings trying to overthrow the government? It must’ve been quite a decision, and less than half were openly supportive.
What an amazing time.
If we look at it honestly, there is no way our country currently would revolt. Which is a shame actually.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT